collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Favorite song?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
Favorite song?
« on: September 06, 2020, 07:55:57 PM »
What's everyone's favorite song from G1?
Mine is a toss-up between "How Does My Garden Grow" and "Oh, for a Rainy Day". I love Posey's singing in HDMGG and the soft tone in her voice. As for OFARD, I love that song because rain and overcast days are my favorite! I find myself thinking of the song when I know rain is soon in the forecast!
Let me hear your favorites and why! :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite song?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 08:46:05 PM »
I've always liked "What Good Could Wishing Do" from the movie. I really like the "echoing" between Baby Lickety Split and Morning Glory, and the melody is simple but nice to listen to.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 10:37:57 PM »
I like Keep On Slogging. That "I know it's nasty now but if we push on it will get better" attitude just makes it great for me, along with actually doing something & not just wishing & hoping, which is why it beats There's Always Another Rainbow
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 01:46:37 AM »
Let the Bell of Freedom Ring is probably my favourite.
Oh, also Those Good Old Days (is that the title?) from Escape From Catrina.
And Dancing On Air.
And....and....okay, I like a lot of G1 pony songs!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 01:59:06 AM »
The song tape > the G1 animated songs.

Picnic at PE is also very. very. catchy.

If we're talking about the songs, I love the irony in Let the Bell of Freedom Ring...

There are a bunch of cute songs in the G1 show, but...yeah.

It still comes back to the song tape.

1 2 3, Cherries Jubilee...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 05:27:19 AM »
It's hard to find just one, but probably "Call Upon the Sea Ponies", it's just so hard to get out of your head. I also love "Dancing on Air", Sandy Duncan has a truly lovely voice. Or, "Let the Bell of Freedom Ring", it just fits the situation so well. Or "We're Not Gonna Freeze", it's such a survival mantra. Or "Bright Lights", it's so joyful and reminds me of a title song to some cozy 80s sitcom about a happy white family living in a ridiculously big house. Or "Escape", because it shows the growing despair and helplessness in the characters. Or "All Through the Night", because it's about the determination to go into unknown to save your friend. Or "Keep on Slogging", because it's about finding strenght to deal with an umpleasant situation, plus it shows the beginning of character growth in the princess ponies. Or "In No Time At All", because it's so optimistic and peaceful. There are also songs that I like for a specific part, like Galaxy's singing part in "How Can You Be So Cold" or Sweet Stuff's line in "Fresh Coat of Paint". Overall, there very few songs in G1 that I would completely dislike.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 07:14:41 AM »
My top favorites are the songs from “Rescue at Midnight Castle”  I was always annoyed when “A Little Piece of Rainbow” was cut out from the reruns on the Disney Channel when I was a kid because it was my favorite song from the show.  It wasn’t until I was an adult that I found why it was never included in the reruns.

My favorites are:

“My Little Opening Theme”

“Dancing in Air”

“Call Upon the Sea Ponies”

“A Little Piece of Rainbow”

all from “Rescue at Midnight Castle”

“Let’s Not Take a Nap”

“Dressed Like a Dream”

From “Escape from Catrina”

“Applejack’s song” from the song tape

“ Stretch Yourself to the Limit” from “The End of Flutter Valley”

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:10:35 AM »
I think "Call Upon the Sea Ponies", "Stretch Yourself" (both versions) and "I'll Go It Alone" are my absolute top three favourites. Oh, and "We Are the Flutter Ponies"! Honorary mention to Zeb and Erebus' song "Nothing Quite Like Shadows" because it cracks me up. :silly:

If we're counting other G1 songs, I also really love "Sweet Music" from Tales, "Applejack's Song" is an absolute classic, and man the Italian G1 theme "Vola Mio Mini Pony" is soooo catchy!!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 08:38:39 AM »
Oh yeah, Italy has some epic themes (the Jem one is also awesome) <3.

I have a couple of cue French ones as well from a cassette I picked up at some point. One is a very cute lullabye song.

If G2 were included there are the 2 dutch songs that are crazy happy and always cheer me up, but I guess this is a G1 topic.

I had a look online for the Picnic at PE song. I know I have it on CD because my Dad put all my cassettes onto CD for me to back them up now I no longer have a tape deck. But I don't see it talked about enough. One of the gems of the US release. But I couldn't find it on YT.

Wonder where my disc is...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:41:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 08:40:47 AM »
"Dancing on Air" and "Oh, For a Rainy Day" come to mind. The seapony song is a classic, too.
The Cherries Jubilee song is quite catchy, my siblings really enjoy it and it's become a bit of an in-joke. :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 08:42:29 AM »
"Dancing on Air" and "Oh, For a Rainy Day" come to mind. The seapony song is a classic, too.
The Cherries Jubilee song is quite catchy, my siblings really enjoy it and it's become a bit of an in-joke. :P

In this house whenever someone says one, two, three, the automatic response is Cherries Jubilee...

I forgot the tales songs. I love a few of those. Sweet Music is definitely one, but "Off You Go" and Starlight's one about Ace are also favourites of mine from Tales.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
A nice replacement for "marco polo" or a good way to find a family in a crowd. :P
I forgot about the Tales songs! They don't stick too much to me but none of them are unlistenable. Sweet Music, Juicy Story...I tend to like the more high-energy ones over the slower, emotional-er ones.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »
"Call Upon the Sea Ponies" and "Nothing Can Stop The Smooze" are among my favorites. They're insanely catchy, and I love 50's doo-wop music like this. All the songs from the first two specials are great, really. I'm also fond of "Dancing on Air" and "Dressed Like A Dream".
And agreeing with everyone saying they love the songs from the "Seven Songs and a Story" album. They're such huge earworms, and as soon as I read the names of Applejack, Lickety Split, Bowtie, or Cherries Jubilee, their songs will immediately come to mind and get stuck in my head for eternity.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 09:22:55 AM »
"We're Not Gonna Freeze"

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2020, 12:58:50 PM »
And agreeing with everyone saying they love the songs from the "Seven Songs and a Story" album. They're such huge earworms, and as soon as I read the names of Applejack, Lickety Split, Bowtie, or Cherries Jubilee, their songs will immediately come to mind and get stuck in my head for eternity.

I had the cassette when I was four, and I played it so much that the tape wobbled and got a bit mangled on Posey's song (the versions you hear online mostly came from my cassette, you can still hear the Posey wobble, LOL). I actually knew the whole cassette by heart at one point in my childhood.

"My little pony live at the edge of the rainbow forest. Theirs is a magical world, where every day brings a new adventure..."

xD

It was such a big part of my childhood that I love that other people now get to appreciate it.

I just wish I could find the Picnic at PE song to post a link to, since that for me is the US's equivalent and it's so cute. I *may* have played it too much when I first heard it (around age 16), but it's also an earworm that gets a lot less attention than it should. I think it's the only US story cassette that has a song??

Going back to songs from the animation, I had only 4 eps of MLP G1 when I was a kid on vhs, but the ones I remember most songwise come from the vhs I had first. So Ice Cream Wars ("Babysitting!") and Revolt of PE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntI7DuGxtGI

I still have no idea what the lamp sings at the start, even now. Anyone got any idea? Never could make it out.

It's also a bit of a poignant song now since G1 is so long past. Watching it always takes me back to being a kid though :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:02:52 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal