collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kitty in my Pocket Birth Certificates  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Kitty in my Pocket Birth Certificates
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:50:46 AM »
I've recently been collecting 90s Kitty in my Pocket (so cute! Such fond childhood memories!). I think there might be a few other collectors here, so I thought it was worth asking this strangely specific question....

In the course of my kitty-collecting adventures, I've acquired many Kitty in my Pocket birth certificates with writing on them, and I have to admit I like seeing what other people chose to call their childhood kittens. There's some serious ingenuity out there - for every Tom or Tiddles, there's a Silver Shine, a Gold Glimmer, a Lucinda or a Clementine.

Words and names are something I love (at one time I was collecting My Little Pony names in different languages) and I somehow ended up starting a collection of kitten names that I had seen online or on certificates that I own. It's nearly as addictive as collecting the actual kittens....

So please, kitty collectors, humour my weirdness, contribute to this Very Important Project, and make me happy by sharing pictures of your written-on kitty birth certificates :) Or you could just list the names if you don't feel like posting photos.

For those who are interested, here's my name collection so far:
Spoiler
Albert, Alex, Alfred, Astor, Baa Baa, Bauble, Bee, Belinda, Bell, Belleny, Bennie, Bertha, Bo Bo, Brandy, Brute, Bunny, Butterfly, Callum, Cassey, Charlie, Chris, Chomp, Chump, Clementine, Colin, Criss, Daisy, Dana, Dash, David, Deborah, Diana, Dippy, Duchess, Edd, Elsa, Emerald Eyed, Emma, Fila, Fluffy, Fly, Fudge, Ginger, Gold Glimmer, Hanna, Happy, Jake, Jenna, Jet, Joe, Josephine, Josey, Jump, Kathy, Katy, Kelley, Kerry, Kevin, Kilie, Kitty, Kylie, Laura, Leapy, Lizzie, Lofty, Lucinda, Lucky, Lulu, Magic, Mary, Maud, Max, Mic, Mikly, Milda, Minni, Minno, Mischief, Mittens, Monty, Moppet, Mouse, Nick, Nikki, Pam, Panther, Patch, Pebbles, Pie, Pinkie, Pinky, Piper, Playfull, Plucky, Poppy, Pounce, Richard, Rolly, Ruby, Sally, Sam, Samantha, Sammy, Sara, Sarah, Sheba, Silver Shine, Smokey, Snowball, Snowflake, Snowy, Sooty, Sophie, Spud, Spudy, Squeakie, Stella, Stretch, Sunshine, Susette, Suzie, Sweety, Tabatha, Tablet, Taika, Tails, Tammy, Tara, Taz, Terese, Theo, Thomas, Tid, Tiddles, Tiger, Tim, Timmy, Tina, Tinja, Tinker, Tinkerbell, Titch, Tom, Tomey, Tommy, Topsy, Twitch, Twitchit, Vilbert, Vivian, Wasp, Whiskey, Zena
The most frequently occurring names so far are Tom/Tommy, Kitty, Snowy, Thomas, Tiddles, Sam/Sammy and Tim/Timmy.
List compiled using my personal collection, eBay listings, Baby Tappy's channel on YouTube, and the wonderful website www.90sinmypocket.com.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 02:55:10 AM by Shaz »

Online flowersinherhair

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Kitty in my Pocket Birth Certificates
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 05:44:49 AM »
Oh wow, this is so sweet! And it's nice to see someone treating what kids wrote on their stuff as special rather than "flaws." I can get you photos of mine later, although I don't think I always filled out the birth certificates.

I was about to ask you if you knew about the 90s IMP forum, but I just went there and saw you posted there too!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 03:21:17 AM »
I'd love to see your birth certificates, yay :)

I love when toys I'm collecting come with a bit of a history, e.g. ponies with an owner's name on their hooves. Some people see it as an imperfection, but it makes them more interesting and special to me. Some of the kitty birth certificates I've seen have litters of kittens obviously named after book characters, it's interesting seeing what things were popular back then (and nostalgic, of course, since I'm a 90s kid myself!).

I found the IMP forum, though it's a bit quiet there. I've been going through some of the old posts and links to people's collections and found some more names :)

Online flowersinherhair

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 08:15:41 AM »
I posted them over on the IMP forum in case they might be interesting to other IMP collectors. I really wish that forum was more active, too, so I guess I'm being the change I want to see, haha!

Yes, toys with history are so cool to see! I remember buying a pony at a pony fair years ago that had initials written under the hoof and the seller said something like, "Ugh it's such a shame, parents shouldn't allow kids to do that," and I was like, "What?? No, I love it!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal