collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Fave unicorn pony?

Moondancer
4 (9.3%)
Twilight
5 (11.6%)
Sunbeam
2 (4.7%)
Glory
9 (20.9%)
Gusty
13 (30.2%)
Sparkler
5 (11.6%)
Skyflier
0 (0%)
Powder
5 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Favourite unicorn pony?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite unicorn pony?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
Glory, followed by Moondancer and Powder. Always wants as a child <3. Then Sparkler.

Gusty the only one actually sold here, thus the least exciting to me on that list xD.

But as a kid I wasn't much of a fan of Sunbeam. I liked my unicorns to be mystical, not party organisers...

If Gypsy had been included she would also rate up there. It bothers me that she gets left out of these polls.
I will be doing separate polls for the UK releases eventually

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 05:36:45 PM »
I chose Moondancer. I love everything about her. Actually, the OG unicorns are one of my favorite sets of MLPs (especially the first set), so this was difficult. I really do like all of then, but Moondancer has a special place in my heart, so she won because of that.

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »
Ughhh...why must you make me choose! The early unicorns make up some of my all-time favorite G1's.
I think I'll put my vote for Glory. Such a classic, simple yet elegant design that captures the essence of a magical unicorn perfectly.

My ranking overall would be:
Glory
Gusty
Sparkler
Moondancer
Twilight
Powder
Sunbeam
Skyflier

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 10:28:04 PM »
Glory, followed by Moondancer and Powder. Always wants as a child <3. Then Sparkler.

Gusty the only one actually sold here, thus the least exciting to me on that list xD.

But as a kid I wasn't much of a fan of Sunbeam. I liked my unicorns to be mystical, not party organisers...

If Gypsy had been included she would also rate up there. It bothers me that she gets left out of these polls.
Looking forward to them almost as much as Taffeta xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 04:58:14 AM »

It would really have helped if you'd labelled your polls y2/3 unicorns and pegasus; you also omitted Buttons and Majesty btw.

The sense of "eventually" suggests you don't think they're that important...

It's really important to remember that there's often a difference between UK and European. Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they don't. People on the continent don't like it when ponies they grew up with are called UK. As a UK person, I get quite twitchy when a pony that wasn't sold here is called a UK pony. :)

The Gypsy set and related sets are actually a great example of why you don't want to do them as a separate poll, honestly. The differences between the UK and European sets, the reissues and different versions and so on make it very complicated and at present there is not a single ID site that properly reflects those differences 100% (including mine although I am working on that at the moment).

It would've been a lot easier to just include them in the polls you already have.

But I'll wait with eager anticipation for this perfect and accurate UK poll you 'eventually' are going to get to. No pressure. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:01:45 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »
Powder! She was one of my first ever G1s, my first unicorn. I had come up with a small story in my head based off a throwaway line in an article. I'd love to spend more time with it (she is the rightful queen, Majesty is currently in charge due to Mimic's actions, but how important is the monarchy? What if Powder doesn't want to rule? I guess it's sorta like the Lion King lol).

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 09:19:45 AM »
Sunnbeam.

Offline promqueen

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 11:43:55 PM »

It would really have helped if you'd labelled your polls y2/3 unicorns and pegasus; you also omitted Buttons and Majesty btw.

The sense of "eventually" suggests you don't think they're that important...

It's really important to remember that there's often a difference between UK and European. Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they don't. People on the continent don't like it when ponies they grew up with are called UK. As a UK person, I get quite twitchy when a pony that wasn't sold here is called a UK pony. :)

The Gypsy set and related sets are actually a great example of why you don't want to do them as a separate poll, honestly. The differences between the UK and European sets, the reissues and different versions and so on make it very complicated and at present there is not a single ID site that properly reflects those differences 100% (including mine although I am working on that at the moment).

It would've been a lot easier to just include them in the polls you already have.

But I'll wait with eager anticipation for this perfect and accurate UK poll you 'eventually' are going to get to. No pressure. :)
Why complain when you are welcome to make your own poll if you want?  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal