collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does a G1 bath towel exist??  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does a G1 bath towel exist??
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 06:26:06 AM »
From what I can remember, the towel has several poop-brown(dark poop brown - at least it wasn’t crusty!) splotches about the size of an open hand on it.  They’re stains - they’re not coming out.  And there’s no ignoring them either.  And in general, the towel was pretty worse for wear.  As I said, it’s poke-it-with-a-stick condition:/

Sadly, I can’t even remember where I stuck the darn thing. I have a *massive* collection.  I’ve been sorting and organizing my collection for years in an attempt to get it under control.  There’s probably dozens of places that towel could be.  Since it was so nasty, it didn’t get put into my regular merchandise bin. It probably got stuck in some random sort bin somewhere. 

Also, unfortunately my husband is *extremely* high risk for the virus, so we haven’t been in a public building since March.  If we didn’t have to drive the cars around to keep them from completely dying from non-use, we’d never leave the house. Neither of us can risk getting exposed.  We don’t leave the house at all, and I just can’t break quarantine. 

We’re also ground zero for postal issues.  We’re down to 1-3 random days of postal service per week, and all incoming and outgoing mail is generally delayed for up to a month - sometimes more.  I never know when we’ll have mail service, and I can’t risk going to the actual post office to ship anything out.  UPS is also pretty funky since the post office is overwhelmed.  Getting my husband’s medication has been an adventure:/

This is my local mail sorting facility(and where all my mail, incoming and outgoing, passes through):
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-20/usps-cutbacks-post-office-chaos

I wish I could help you out, but sadly it’s just not possible right now:(  Even if it was in pristine condition and I knew where it was, I still can’t risk going out, and the postal delays would likely delay it past the time it would even be useful for you. If it even showed up at all that is.  It’s the perfect storm of problems.
I am sorry:(
I wish you the best of luck with your search!

No worries at all! These are scary times we're in and I totally respect your need to take precautions
Thanks anyhow <3
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 07:14:24 AM »
Maybe it's an option to take a g1 image and have it printed or embroided on a towel? A lot of collectors have custom made stuff because it was never produced.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 07:39:28 AM »
This probably wouldn't work if they wanted vintage..

But there is this towel that uses vintage art : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trevco-Sportswear-HBRO294-BTW2-30x60-My-Little-Pony-Retro-Classic-Ponies-Cotton-Front-Poly-Back-Beach-Towel-44-White-30-x-60-in/584591259?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1148

But no towel would of been that colorful in the 90s, due to printing limitations...I assume.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »
Sadly, I imagine towels fall into that category of “toss it—nobody wants our used bath products”. :( Probably more ended up in the garbage than in yard sales, thrift stores, or the like. What a shame! It looks like they had some pretty designs...

I think this is probably what happened to most of the G1 towels too.  I think there was also MLP bars of soap (in MLP packages not shaped like ponies)?

Ponyfan

There was definitely soap in those heart-shaped ceramic keepsakes, but I don't think it was pony shaped soap, just round with the imprint of a pony on it? We had them in our gift cupboard (to give to people for birthdays haha) but I remember I ended up taking one with Bowtie for myself :P

Sorry I can't help with the towel but what a cool project!

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 05:22:48 PM »
This probably wouldn't work if they wanted vintage..

But there is this towel that uses vintage art : https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trevco-Sportswear-HBRO294-BTW2-30x60-My-Little-Pony-Retro-Classic-Ponies-Cotton-Front-Poly-Back-Beach-Towel-44-White-30-x-60-in/584591259?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1148

But no towel would of been that colorful in the 90s, due to printing limitations...I assume.

Thanks!
I had found this as well and sent it over to them as a potential option.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »
Ohmigosh, I go to the same university as the film maker.
Found this from somewhere on Pinterest:

OMG, I want and need these bath towels, especially the second one! I don't care if they're almost 40 years old! Why didn't I have these when I was a kid??

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2020, 03:39:56 AM »
I have one towel with a white Cotton Candy (looks like bubbles) and a yellow and blue Snuzzle. Would add pics if I only cound figure out how to do it :P
Theres a pic on my instagram though (#Leikinit) if you want to see :)

Sadly, I imagine towels fall into that category of “toss it—nobody wants our used bath products”. :( Probably more ended up in the garbage than in yard sales, thrift stores, or the like. What a shame! It looks like they had some pretty designs...

I think this is probably what happened to most of the G1 towels too.  I think there was also MLP bars of soap (in MLP packages not shaped like ponies)?

Ponyfan

There was definitely soap in those heart-shaped ceramic keepsakes, but I don't think it was pony shaped soap, just round with the imprint of a pony on it? We had them in our gift cupboard (to give to people for birthdays haha) but I remember I ended up taking one with Bowtie for myself :P

There where soaps shaped like ponies as well. or well, kind of. They where flat on one side though ^^  I had one as a child, and I should have one anywhere among my boxes.

I fount these pics though :)
Spoiler

And this one for the ceramic keepsakes
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal