collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does a G1 bath towel exist??  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Does a G1 bath towel exist??
« on: September 01, 2020, 11:23:23 AM »
I am helping some folks source props for a short film, based in the mid to late 90s that is heavily MLP themed. (also very queer  :biggrin: )
https://www.ponythefilm.com/

The props master is seeking a towel....but I dont think Ive ever known one to exisit? I know there are bars of soap and bottles of bubble bath, so a towel doesnt seem far fetched but Idk.

If anyone does happen to own a G1 bath towel, if you happen to be feeling trusting, these folks would love to borrow it for their film. Depsite not knowing them personally (just friend of a friend) the props master seems exceedingly trustworthy. I actually loaned out 99% of my G1 collection for the film (including dream castle & paradise estate! :shocked: )

I told them I dont feel certain a G1 towel even exisits, but that at least Id reach out to my fellow collectors and see if anyone happen to know or have one

ETA: I dont check here much anymore, and I dont get email notifications so feel free to email me directly: [email protected]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:25:09 AM by Prince_Sunbeam »
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Does a G1 bath towel exist??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 11:32:56 AM »
The Scrub-a-Dub Tub play set came with a towel: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Scrub-a-Dub-Tub

I'm sure several people here have the complete set and might perhaps be willing to lend that towel.  :)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »
Wait, you mean pony-sized or human-sized? If you mean human-sized, as a child I used to have a yellow towel with Firefly and the MLP rainbow on it. So at least one type exists!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »
Yes there were G1 towels for merch.  they are HTF but they do exist!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
Ohmigosh, I go to the same university as the film maker.
Found this from somewhere on Pinterest:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »
There are, but finding them is harder than finding a needle in a haystack.
I keep looking & though I've found a few G3 towels & a load of G4 ones, not a single G1 towel has ever shown to enter my possession...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 12:36:22 PM »
Sadly, I imagine towels fall into that category of “toss it—nobody wants our used bath products”. :( Probably more ended up in the garbage than in yard sales, thrift stores, or the like. What a shame! It looks like they had some pretty designs...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
I actually loaned out 99% of my G1 collection for the film (including dream castle & paradise estate! :shocked: )

Good luck, I hope you get compensated if they lose or damage something :huh:

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »
The Scrub-a-Dub Tub play set came with a towel: http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Scrub-a-Dub-Tub

I'm sure several people here have the complete set and might perhaps be willing to lend that towel.  :)

I should have been more clear- human sized towel

Post Merge: September 01, 2020, 03:26:50 PM

I actually loaned out 99% of my G1 collection for the film (including dream castle & paradise estate! :shocked: )

Good luck, I hope you get compensated if they lose or damage something :huh:

Yeah, they have promised to compensate me for any loss or damage, I sent them a photo inventory with price sheet with my collection.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
Sadly, I imagine towels fall into that category of “toss it—nobody wants our used bath products”. :( Probably more ended up in the garbage than in yard sales, thrift stores, or the like. What a shame! It looks like they had some pretty designs...

I think this is probably what happened to most of the G1 towels too.  I think there was also MLP bars of soap (in MLP packages not shaped like ponies)?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 03:28:27 PM »
Ohmigosh, I go to the same university as the film maker.
Found this from somewhere on Pinterest:

What are the odds!? lol

And wow those towels are beautiful!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 06:00:52 PM »
I have a fairly skanky towel I got in a random lot or something.  It’s stained brown in spots. Lots of spots.  It’s fairly scary, and one of those things you want to use a stick to interact with.   I put it to the side somewhere since I never toss anything MLP related.  I had no idea it was so rare!

Fyi - I once allowed a student film crew to use my apartment for their shoot back in my college days.  I had some ponies out(they wanted to use my apartment because it had “interesting” stuff on the shelves), and the lights they used faded the pink hair on at least one pony.   Film lighting uses some serious lights.  It wouldn’t surprise me if it they could do some minor “sun” damage to playsets too he shoot was long enough.  They were only shooting for one day, and the lights did a number on my Lickety Split’s hair.  If you have any ponies with package-fresh fade-able pink hair, you might want to pull them just in case.  It didn’t bleach the hair white or anything, but it was noticeable where the lights hit it. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 06:05:09 PM by goddessofpeep »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
I have also seen a baby seapony one....
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:03:21 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 03:15:00 AM »
I have a fairly skanky towel I got in a random lot or something.  It’s stained brown in spots. Lots of spots.  It’s fairly scary, and one of those things you want to use a stick to interact with.   I put it to the side somewhere since I never toss anything MLP related.  I had no idea it was so rare!

Fyi - I once allowed a student film crew to use my apartment for their shoot back in my college days.  I had some ponies out(they wanted to use my apartment because it had “interesting” stuff on the shelves), and the lights they used faded the pink hair on at least one pony.   Film lighting uses some serious lights.  It wouldn’t surprise me if it they could do some minor “sun” damage to playsets too he shoot was long enough.  They were only shooting for one day, and the lights did a number on my Lickety Split’s hair.  If you have any ponies with package-fresh fade-able pink hair, you might want to pull them just in case.  It didn’t bleach the hair white or anything, but it was noticeable where the lights hit it.

That is so great to know about the lighting!! My only fading pink haired pony was one of the 2 I kept home (NSS wind whistler cause shes a sentimental fave) I'll mention the light issue to the props master so they know not to just leave them sitting excessively in the lighting if its not necessary. I believe theyre only filming over the course of a few days.

Would you consider parting with the towel? Or letting them borrow it for the film? I suppose it depends on how scary we're talkin here  :lol:
If not, no worries.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 04:51:32 AM »
From what I can remember, the towel has several poop-brown(dark poop brown - at least it wasn’t crusty!) splotches about the size of an open hand on it.  They’re stains - they’re not coming out.  And there’s no ignoring them either.  And in general, the towel was pretty worse for wear.  As I said, it’s poke-it-with-a-stick condition:/

Sadly, I can’t even remember where I stuck the darn thing. I have a *massive* collection.  I’ve been sorting and organizing my collection for years in an attempt to get it under control.  There’s probably dozens of places that towel could be.  Since it was so nasty, it didn’t get put into my regular merchandise bin. It probably got stuck in some random sort bin somewhere. 

Also, unfortunately my husband is *extremely* high risk for the virus, so we haven’t been in a public building since March.  If we didn’t have to drive the cars around to keep them from completely dying from non-use, we’d never leave the house. Neither of us can risk getting exposed.  We don’t leave the house at all, and I just can’t break quarantine. 

We’re also ground zero for postal issues.  We’re down to 1-3 random days of postal service per week, and all incoming and outgoing mail is generally delayed for up to a month - sometimes more.  I never know when we’ll have mail service, and I can’t risk going to the actual post office to ship anything out.  UPS is also pretty funky since the post office is overwhelmed.  Getting my husband’s medication has been an adventure:/

This is my local mail sorting facility(and where all my mail, incoming and outgoing, passes through):
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-20/usps-cutbacks-post-office-chaos

I wish I could help you out, but sadly it’s just not possible right now:(  Even if it was in pristine condition and I knew where it was, I still can’t risk going out, and the postal delays would likely delay it past the time it would even be useful for you. If it even showed up at all that is.  It’s the perfect storm of problems.
I am sorry:(
I wish you the best of luck with your search!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal