collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New MH inspired doll line? Mice?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
New MH inspired doll line? Mice?
« on: September 01, 2020, 06:31:39 AM »
You see me posting old-ish news to make new threads as of late, but what else can I do if I want to discuss these things? I've been out of the loop when it comes to dolls for quite a while now, so imagine my reaction when I come across these on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000957566279.html

They look very Mattel-y and way too detailed to be knockoffs. The heads are Frightmares so I assume these are just Frankendolls for now, but the bodies, clothes and shoes look very specific. Anyone got news what these could be? Any new trademarks?

They look very, VERY obviously like mouse characters using modified MH bodies. MH had a rat character in its later line-up, Mouscedes King, but she didn't have feet or sculpted fur like that. Her tail was also different but the hands were the same.
I hope these won't get scrapped. I would love to see a line of anthro animals, especially if they are small rodents because I'm a mouse owner myself and was already over the moon when MH introduced Mouscedes back in the day :P
I also love the dresses. Very Arietty. There has been some thought put into what a mouse could use to make clothes for herself, so cute. Especially the big bobby pin.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: New MH inspired doll line? Mice?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 06:57:04 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCaGNq9DUVm/

Here's a little more info. Unfortunately not very hopeful.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
I've heard mutterings of this, it seems to be dropped sadly.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
Mhh, I'm still hopeful a version of this could get picked up again. "Trashion Alley" doesn't exactly sound like a good name because well, you got "trash" in it :lol:
Surely there could be a cuter name for something with mice. I love the big mousy feet. Makes more sense on a mouse than on Cave Club (allthough I think CC are cute, too).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »
Mmm...sorry. I don't really like them.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
Ooh, I’d love it if they made a line of rodent dolls. XD It would be cool if it was like “The Littles” (itself a mousier knock-off of “The Borrowers”), with little scavenged bits and bobs that the mice turn into clothes. So sad that this line seems to have been dropped. :(
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »
Oh, I saw a post about these on Tumblr the other day from someone who's got one of the Aliexpress bodies! Let's see...

https://sleepytoycollection.tumblr.com/post/623849613899792384/yeah-so-i-bought-one-of-those-mystery-rat-bodies

there's also this vid about them, haven't watched it myself but eh might as well post it anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8M6XHZ7cFE

I wish we knew more about these... I LOVE anthro dolls and the idea of anthro dolls with little scavenged clothes is the cutest. ;w; I really hope they haven't been dropped entirely, we need more anthro dolls... yeah they'd probably have crashed and burned because anthro dolls always seem to fail (unless they have human-y heads... that's what I've noticed, anyway), but still.

At the least, I hope their heads turn up sometime! (That sounds weird out of context, lol)

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 02:21:44 AM »
What surprises me about them is the fact they were stamped Hasbro. They look Mattel. I know things have gotten mixed up since MH came out. The big feet, intricate hands and impossibly thin/curved torsos have become a thing in the doll world (the new Hairmazings remind me of MH bodies as well). But never would I have thought of Hasbro.

So they made this behind the scenes, taking a big departure from their human dolls and liscences, and it just gets dropped. Maybe it was too big a risk for them? It's certainly super different from their usual fare. Honestly, that puts a damper on things for me. With Mattel I could have seen the potential to get a later release. They released a couple different things in the last few years. But Hasbro will probably bank on their oldschool stuff more, especially with a new MLP coming out. They'll probably just revamp EQG...

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 07:07:22 AM »
You know, I completely glossed over the fact that these are Hasbro... I thought they were Mattel too.

I wonder if it was another attempt to jump on the MH bandwagon, and then they scrapped it when MH ended? Hmm. I think it is likely that they just deemed it too much of a risk :( What a shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal