collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Embarrassing habits with your ponies?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Embarrassing habits with your ponies?
« on: August 28, 2020, 10:40:06 PM »
Do you guys find yourselves ever doing something SFW embarrassing with your little ponies? For example, sometimes, I find myself taking out my g1’s and absentmindedly stroking their silky manes for a while, or giving little smooches to their heads and hoping they’re enjoying their lives with me, while wondering what their lives were like with previous owners. Or envying that their hair is so soft and pretty and (most of) the other gens kind of aren’t.  Sometimes, I’ll pet the manes of my g2, 3, and 4 ponies, but they never get smooches. O////O
What embarrassing things do you guys do with your ponies?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing habits with your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 03:42:35 AM »
Sometimes I will talk to Fizzy and Wind Whistler, and sometimes even imagine them respond in Katie Leigh's and Sarah Partridge's voices, respectively.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 06:25:29 AM »
How is making up stories with Ponies embarrassing??? Child-like, yep, but nobody should be embarrassed about that, especially not when the real world is messed up...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 06:27:26 AM »
Sometimes I will talk to Fizzy and Wind Whistler, and sometimes even imagine them respond in Katie Leigh's and Sarah Partridge's voices, respectively.
aww cute. Would it be too personal what sort of discussions you guys have had?

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 06:28:16 AM »
I once took some blind bag ponies to a fast food restaurant with me and had them sit next to the food while I ate. And yes, this was when I was an adult.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 07:27:57 AM »
aww cute. Would it be too personal what sort of discussions you guys have had?

Usually just me talking about whatever is on my mind and them responding briefly with something cliche to their character, with words like "Gosh" or "Remarkable", I am not a very creative person ;)
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 08:19:14 AM »
How is making up stories with Ponies embarrassing??? Child-like, yep, but nobody should be embarrassed about that, especially not when the real world is messed up...
^
I don't think I do anything I'm embarrassed of. I do take my ponies to places if I travel to take pictures for Instagram, but that's normal for me.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 08:48:04 AM »
I just like to imagine them enjoying their life with me. All of my g1, g2, and most of my g3 are second hand. I like to think of it as a retirement home for them. They’ve been played with, probably dropped in the mud a few times, and now they’re here. Still played with but...not in the way a child would (with the risk of scissors to a mane).
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
I just like to imagine them enjoying their life with me. All of my g1, g2, and most of my g3 are second hand. I like to think of it as a retirement home for them. They’ve been played with, probably dropped in the mud a few times, and now they’re here. Still played with but...not in the way a child would (with the risk of scissors to a mane).
i got almost all of my previous gens from thrifts, too! Thinking of your home as a retirement community for them is pretty neat. I’m sure that they are well taken care of. Spa days, photo shoots, what have you. Old timer ponies need to feel loved. That’s really not so embarrassing, if you ask me.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 12:01:33 PM »
I mean, it's unusual but I think it's great what you do.

I'm almost constantly surrounded by ponies. They are on my desk, in the display closets and in my bed.

I love them so i don't think it's weird.
Lover of Windwhistler

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »
i have been known to bring large batches of them into the shower with me if they all need a good cleaning!  :D

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »
i have been known to bring large batches of them into the shower with me if they all need a good cleaning!  :D
Ok, yes, I did this a lot! I sort of stopped because I ended up straying away from conditioner for cost reasons but it's worth it if I just really want one specific one clean.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 01:46:04 AM »
The longer I collect ponies, the less inhibitions I have :lol:. I unabashedly chat to them and also take them on outings (well, I did, before Covid meant we all had to stay in. Novia came out for a walk the other day, though, and had some photos taken in a little woodland area). Of course I also make up stories about them, buy them little accessories, take photos etc. I'm not embarrassed though. I used to feel awkward taking photos when I was out and about but it's so fun I just sort of got over it. I'm having fun, I'm not hurting anyone, what does it matter? At one time early in my collecting days I thought I'd forgotten how to do imaginative play but it's all coming back to me now :lol:. I don't act things out like I did when I was a child, but I do like to make up stories to go with photos I'm taking and things like that. I also like making and filling mini sketchbooks/notebooks/scrap albums for my ponies and dolls. Some people might think my hobbies are weird, but I'm happy with them and that's the important thing.

I was much more self-conscious when I was a teenager, probably because of the 'gotta fit in' mentality that tends to result when you shove a lot of insecure adolescents together in a school, but I'm growing out of it now I'm in my 20s. Yay :)

Haha I have done this too! I washed some Monster High dolls this way just a few days ago.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 03:23:53 AM »
Not a habit per se, but last night I actually surrounded myself with ponies in bed to sleep better, because I needed that feeling of extra safety. I put them around my pillow, on the headboard, on my nightstand... ^.^ And yes, I did sleep better!

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 07:09:13 AM »
I tell them they are "so pretty" or "doesn't that feel better" after I have finished cleaning them up.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal