collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!  (Read 8633 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2020, 12:18:29 AM »
I'm not sure if the actual animation side of it bothers me. I mean yeah, I agree with all the things said about 3d and cgi and whatever, but to me mlp is always gonna be the toyline first...so the simple solution to that is just not watch the series if the animation is bad...or...well...get used to it I suppose if the series is good.

If the toyline is good then I will probably not care about the animation so much. Especially if it actually has decently worked plot and character this time. And is entirely lacking in Pinkie Pie.

What I mean is that it would be worse to have the Mane 6 characters duplicated under different appearances than have bad animation if the characters and plot were genuinely worth investing in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 01:04:26 AM »
Wow, an actual new cast? First time I've heard that! Now I'm really eager to see some teaser pics or something..

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2020, 06:23:22 AM »
As long as the toys are nice (and varied and BRUSHABLE  :mad: ) I'll be happy.
THIS, so much!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2020, 06:37:44 AM »
I am so nervouscited. It could be good! I'm particularly happy that we should get a new primary cast. My biggest worry is that it will be too silly like Pony Life or that the ponies with look bad like Pony Life

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2020, 09:10:16 PM »
I am so nervouscited. It could be good! I'm particularly happy that we should get a new primary cast. My biggest worry is that it will be too silly like Pony Life or that the ponies with look bad like Pony Life

Eek, I had not considered that possibility. O_O Somewhere in my head, I’m still imagining that leaked concept art that was similar to the Celestia/Luna build. But I suppose that’s been revised many times, or even dropped altogether.

l just want something that resembles actual equine. Pleeeaaase, Hasbro! At least bring back the lower jaw!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
Tara Strong mentioned a while ago that she won't be in G5 so I really, strongly hope "new cast" will mean entirely new characters, new actresses, etc.

Until they'll just force the new six onto shelves again and again, but at least for a while the new ones will actually be new :lol:

I also hope final character designs will get leaked sooner or later because that's what's truly important to me, haha. Especially if the B-words hate them :cool:

Post Merge: August 30, 2020, 08:42:01 AM

At least bring back the lower jaw!

Isn't it sad how low our expectations have gotten? Lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:42:01 AM by Zapper »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2020, 09:04:30 AM »
Yeah, I had forgotten that new cast could simply be who voices the ponies, not the ponies themselves.

...Entirely irrelevant in my toycentric world of pony, but that's a depressing realisation.

Now thinking we're gonna get same ponies rehashed with sparkly new voice people instead.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
This is an announcement for a licensing event, though, so I think "new cast" is more likely to relate to the cast of characters, not just the voice cast.  You aren't hearing a voice as you're looking at a licensed image of a MLP or a Transformer on a napkin or paper plate.  What matters is if the Transformer is Bumblebee.

Actually I think that is the most likely circumstance, they are going to make a new series where every pony is going to be Bumblebee or Optimus Prime.  Like, each pony will be a version of them from a slightly different continuity.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2020, 09:44:26 AM »
This is an announcement for a licensing event, though, so I think "new cast" is more likely to relate to the cast of characters, not just the voice cast.  You aren't hearing a voice as you're looking at a licensed image of a MLP or a Transformer on a napkin or paper plate.  What matters is if the Transformer is Bumblebee.

Actually I think that is the most likely circumstance, they are going to make a new series where every pony is going to be Bumblebee or Optimus Prime.  Like, each pony will be a version of them from a slightly different continuity.

We used to be able to look up licencing information and such, I remember us doing it a lot for G3 wih prospective names being registered.... Is that still a possibility?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
Just wanted to add that I find the promises of "more music than ever before" quite interesting. FiM had a lot of songs, topping that will turn the series into a full-on musical. I expect a song in every second episode now, maybe even in each and every one :blink:

I'm just not fond of the "more humour" part. That's Pony Life for me. Don't get me wrong, it really works for PL. But I am dreading  FiM-style humour, just double the amount. Forced memes, even more pony puns, and of course one or two characters only dedicated to tell jokes or be a laughing stock like Snips and Snails.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »
We used to be able to look up licencing information and such, I remember us doing it a lot for G3 wih prospective names being registered.... Is that still a possibility?
We should be able to stalk it still! I'm sure sites like Eq-*Chokes on saliva and coughs up a hairball* and MLPMerch may get on the news first.
The event looks to be taking place in October. Hasbro specifically I'm assuming will present from the 20th to 22nd.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2020, 11:12:08 AM »
Jem episodes used to get 2-3 songs into 20 minutes.

Maybe they're gonna make it about a rock band >.>

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Jem was all about them being in bands, so if they don't make it music-themed they at least have to make it an actual musical. So, songs that drive the plot instead of "smile, smile, smile" or "cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes" (actual lyrics from FiM, lol). Something like the song the princesses sang before Twilight got crowned and stuff. Otherwise the songs would just pad out the runtime. I am looking forward to finding out how they're gonna handle this. I love musicals.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2020, 12:17:17 PM »
Jem was all about them being in bands, so if they don't make it music-themed they at least have to make it an actual musical. So, songs that drive the plot instead of "smile, smile, smile" or "cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes" (actual lyrics from FiM, lol). Something like the song the princesses sang before Twilight got crowned and stuff. Otherwise the songs would just pad out the runtime. I am looking forward to finding out how they're gonna handle this. I love musicals.

Me too. There are basically only 2 MH specials I've watched more than once, I think. And one of those is entirely because it's a musical :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »
Hey, the G1 cartoon had a song in every ep (apart from part... 3? of Tambelon and part 2 of Cloud Castle) and they made it work... reasonably well... I'm sure the G5 guys'd be able to pull it off too ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal