collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!  (Read 8716 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »
Some big news has arrived out of Festival of Licensing. (Source: https://www.licensing.biz/hasbro-joins-festival-of-licensing-with-new-peppa-pig-content-pj-masks-toy-plans-and-more/) My Little Pony Generation 5 is finally getting some new information released after almost a year of silence on it. We knew Twilight Sparkle wasn't returning, but it's looking like Hasbro is going for a full on, brand new cast for this one as seen in the quote:

Next up, the world of Equestria is expanding to introduce a new generation of ponies to a new generation of fans. With more humor, heart, and music than ever before, Hasbro hopes that audiences will be swept away by the new cast of ponies and the incredible adventure that awaits them. Fall in love with My Little Pony all over again when the all-new, computer-animated theatrical feature hits theaters everywhere in September 2021.

The date for the movie was revealed way back in 2019, and pretty much everything from the early leaks have been completely debunked at this point, or changed up. We really are going in blind! Hopefully it's good.
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 5 news announced- setting sail for 2021 and new cast!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 11:54:52 AM »
Hmm. Sounds promising. I just hope "new cast" really does mean "new cast" and it isn't just a way of saying "it's a new series".

Nice to have a projected release date, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
The date for the movie was revealed way back in 2019, and pretty much everything from the early leaks have been completely debunked at this point, or changed up. We really are going in blind! Hopefully it's good.

This isn't directed at you, just in general.

Whatever we had leaked to us was concepts. It doesn't take much for someone big to just say "nope, do it again". We saw mane 6, which could of very well been a place holder for "new" that wasn't developed.

But let's just think about this. There's a G3 Pinkie Pie, and a G4 Pinkie Pie. We could very well just see the same characters but they are revamped.

Nothing has changed in my eyes. We still know nothing, one way or another.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »
“New cast”... I really, really, REALLY hope this actually means an all new cast! I suppose hoping that they drop the entire centralized cast idea is too much to hope for.

My dream is that any and all MLP animation goes back to being a half-hour toy commercial with a perpetually rotating cast. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »
Waiting patiently for actual images of "new cast"
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
I'm always excited to hear G5 news!

But "new cast" has me interested... I somehow doubt they're scrapping the Mane 6 entirely. It's a dream, yes, but they've become so integral to the brand, unfortunately. We'll probably just get new versions of it. A "new" Pinkie Pie, a "new" Rainbow Dash...

Spoiler
Whatever comes out of it, I hope we get those dragon ponies!! Please please please, Hasbro... :good:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 12:56:44 PM »
I'm afraid to click.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 01:04:37 PM »
Ohhh, interesting!

I think "new cast" does imply a new cast of characters.  I think otherwise they'd say, like, "a rebooted series with reimaginings of the characters you know and love!!" or something like that.

But I guess we'll see!  This is exciting news either way!

Edit:  Looks like the Festival of Licensing is in early October so we won't have too long of a wait. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:19:42 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »
I think "new cast" does imply a new cast of characters.  I think otherwise they'd say, like, "a rebooted series with reimaginings of the characters you know and love!!" or something like that.
I hate how accurately you worded that, they probably would have done that, you're right. :lol: I won't get any high hopes though.

If they're new characters, I hope they have great names and better designs. I think Rainbow Dash had Twilight had the best designs out of the Mane 6, but the others were bland. Rarity might get a pass from me because her dark purple hair is interesting (and she's my favourite character of the bunch!), but as for Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Applejack? Tiring... I love their Rainbow Power versions though, I hope they add a bit more colour to them. The princesses had great designs as well, Celestia is so pretty. Fluttershy was a lot more appealing when she had pastel pink hair instead of the fluorescent pink they keep giving her for whatever reason.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
I hope its true about the new cast. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Offline Xenotropos

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • the blindbag addiction is real
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 02:19:17 PM »
I'm with those who think "new cast" means "new characters".  I love G4 and all it's ponies (they're my gateway generation after all) but I wanna hear about other new ponies.  Maybe a mixed group of critters?  More Griffins, Hippogriffs, Changelings and Dragons, etc? I feel that was sort of field tested in the latter years.  Maybe shorten it to "MLP" and focus on a wider range of toys/characters?

Okay, I'm just dreaming here. but I have slightly more hope for G5 now than I did.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »
I'm with those who think "new cast" means "new characters".  I love G4 and all it's ponies (they're my gateway generation after all) but I wanna hear about other new ponies.  Maybe a mixed group of critters?  More Griffins, Hippogriffs, Changelings and Dragons, etc? I feel that was sort of field tested in the latter years.  Maybe shorten it to "MLP" and focus on a wider range of toys/characters?

Okay, I'm just dreaming here. but I have slightly more hope for G5 now than I did.
that wouldn’t too bad of an idea. It would be a nice shake up to the formula to have half the characters ponies and half some other species. Would love some characters other than ponies right out the gate. I know Hasbro wouldn’t do that, though. 
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »
Ohhh, interesting!

But I guess we'll see!  This is exciting news either way!

Edit:  Looks like the Festival of Licensing is in early October so we won't have too long of a wait. :)

I just kind of imagine that this Festival of Licensing is a bunch of big brand name companies who get together, get smashed over luncheon and brag about their franchises while making deals.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »
Yeah, "Festival of Licensing" is just a very funny name to me.  :lol:  This year it's online so I guess they will have to drink alone at home while they make Zoom calls.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »
Oh no ! I got excited, now I need to expect to be disappointed. x)
Well, I mean, when I see how the recent pony news are going, I have no sensible reason to expect G5 to be the wonderland I've always dreamed of. ^^'

tl;dr : I'll wait and see. :3
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal