collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny tail washer!  (Read 668 times)

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Funny tail washer!
« on: August 20, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »
Hey everyone!
So I have a bit of an ongoing de rusting marathon that’s been happening over the past month, trying to get it out of at least the g3s with turning heads. I’ve done quite well, with only about 5 still rusty (heads are on tight! And there’s no way I’m going near them or myself with anything sharp, I am too clumsy).

So in the second batch of rustybutts I opened up pretty parasol. As I looked inside I was greeted with some orange - brown spikes! I thought the “spikes” were just rust chunks on her tail, but it turns out she’s put together rather oddly!

The tail is the exact thickness of all my other pretty parasols, and all the g3s I was de rusting, but it is not folded over and secured. It’s held together with a regular clip, again nothing off, until you see the metal bar that is fused onto the clip and the Pac-Man looking washer. It’s a solid unit, there is no way it’s coming off! The tail is an exact match with tinsel and is just as beaten up as she is!
Pics below :)

Full tail

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Metal bar

Extra metal bar

Close up

Fused

Just thought I’d share yet more random odd g3 stuff, thanks to hasbro’s quality control
Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Funny tail washer!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 11:27:21 AM »
oh yeah these :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »
oh yeah these :(

Getting it back in is going to be really fun  :| plus It’s only going to continue as I can’t get the washer off! It’s a shame, not quite sure where they were going with this style!

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:52:48 PM »
Take a pair of needle-nose pliers and just twist at the ring and bar until either they break apart or you can wiggle the tail out. Try to get the tip of the pliers inside the bar if you can, and loosen its hold. That’s how I handled my rusty G3s, and it worked out. :) The metal is fragile, so enough stress will snap even this mutant washer in half. Tail rust is such a pain. :cry:

(On a fun and cautionary side note, I once had to go to the ER after stabbing myself with a screwdriver trying to open up a glued pony head.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:57:13 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 10:39:25 PM »
Take a pair of needle-nose pliers and just twist at the ring and bar until either they break apart or you can wiggle the tail out. Try to get the tip of the pliers inside the bar if you can, and loosen its hold. That’s how I handled my rusty G3s, and it worked out. :) The metal is fragile, so enough stress will snap even this mutant washer in half. Tail rust is such a pain. :cry:

(On a fun and cautionary side note, I once had to go to the ER after stabbing myself with a screwdriver trying to open up a glued pony head.)
I have cut myself so many times removing glued heads...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal