collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5- do you have expectations?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
Re: G5- do you have expectations?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 09:31:25 AM »
My expectations are so low I can't hope for anything but to be pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »
I have hopes but not so much expectations. If the toys even somewhat resemble the ponies we saw in the concept art, I'll be happy!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 09:49:38 AM »
Don't even start me!!!

What I WANT to see with G5:
Different characters we've never had before.
NOT a Core 7/ Mane 6 repeat ad nauseum, but instead a wide variety of characters, including several of different species.
Brushables being the main focus again, with smaller blindbag-styles being secondary to this
A decent size of Pony with Pony-like features & decent hair.

What I EXPECT to see from G5:
Pretty much none of the above...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
I expect more of the Core 7/Mane 6 concept(the same ponies over and over), and the quality to continue to decline.  It’s also expecting to save some money and space for this generation.

Silver linings and all that.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »
I have hopes but not so much expectations. If the toys even somewhat resemble the ponies we saw in the concept art, I'll be happy!
Oh I missed seeing the concept art I guess!  Going to go hunt for some now...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »

The concept art was pretty, but I want to see new characters. It's not a new gen for me unless it erases the basis of the previous, which includes most of the cast and the setting.

Though honestly I'm not sure I can do another 8 years of Pinkie Pie. I didn't like her in G3, and she didn't improve on me in G4. That's 17 years of too much pink. It's time for a change.

All that said, I don't want any G1 ponies to pop up in a new generation this time. I'm not a fan of making new generations hark back to the original at all, honestly...except in terms of having variety and real creativity in the toyline.

If G4 had persisted with all the variety at the start, it would have been a much better generation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »

The concept art was pretty, but I want to see new characters. It's not a new gen for me unless it erases the basis of the previous, which includes most of the cast and the setting.

Though honestly I'm not sure I can do another 8 years of Pinkie Pie. I didn't like her in G3, and she didn't improve on me in G4. That's 17 years of too much pink. It's time for a change.

All that said, I don't want any G1 ponies to pop up in a new generation this time. I'm not a fan of making new generations hark back to the original at all, honestly...except in terms of having variety and real creativity in the toyline.

If G4 had persisted with all the variety at the start, it would have been a much better generation.

Well that and it needed better QC.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 10:12:01 AM »

That's just a general modern disposable toy problem, though. It's not unique to MLP. Sadly.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »

That's just a general modern disposable toy problem, though. It's not unique to MLP. Sadly.

Touche'.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 03:16:46 PM »
Nope.

If it's something I like, cool. If not, it's not a big deal.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »
^ pretty much this

If it's nice, good, if it's not... *shrug* More money for my other collections.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »
As someone who has zero interest in G4 I don't think I'll like the look of the G5s. G4s are way l too modern for my taste already, I really prefer the good old G1s I grew up with.  :lol: Plus as I've never owned a TV set in my whole life (I grew up TV-free) I've never seen a single MLP show, so I won't watch any future series either.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
i would have liked to have seen the brand take a break.  it gets exciting for the new generation when the ponies are new and upcoming.  over a decade of FiM is exhausting.   Let us wait ten years and try again >.<
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
i would have liked to have seen the brand take a break.  it gets exciting for the new generation when the ponies are new and upcoming.  over a decade of FiM is exhausting.   Let us wait ten years and try again >.<

I agree with this. I don't understand the need to hop from one gen to another (for fans, I mean, I understand why Hasbro want to do it).

If you stop being a fan the moment a thing is not in the store or on TV, you weren't much of a fan to begin with.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »
For me, I feel like we are on a break now?  I know that the new show is out but I haven’t gone looking for it.  But most telling is what *isn’t* being put out.  I was just at Walmart today and the mlp section has shrunk down to exactly 1 shelf!  And Target isn’t much better.  That to me says that Hasbro is doing the bare minimum to keep mlp in the collective consciousness.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal