collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Fave Sundae Best pony?

Banana Surprise
4 (10.8%)
Coco Berry
5 (13.5%)
Peppermint Crunch
12 (32.4%)
Sherbert
4 (10.8%)
Crunchberry
0 (0%)
Swirly Whirly
12 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favourite Sundae Best Pony?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Favourite Sundae Best Pony?
« on: August 11, 2020, 10:04:45 PM »
For starters I do really like the cute 3D symbols and enjoy the ice cream scents but the pony colours and some of the poses just aren't that interesting to me compared to others. Do you like this line? Are any of yours still scented?
As for me I think I enjoy Banana Surprise the most barely more than Swirly Whirly. It might be because she's by far the strongest smelling pony of my set- I really enjoy her fragrance a lot and I've always been fond of the bow tie pose even this variant and mine has gorgeous tight factory curls
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:06:25 PM by promqueen »

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Sundae Best Pony?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 10:34:48 PM »
They're all super-pretty and I'd love to get the whole set and photograph them at the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe. I'd tentatively lean towards Swirly Whirly as my favorite, but..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:37:41 PM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 12:01:27 AM »
Honestly, none of them really.

I guess Sorbet Surprise may be a little less toxic than the rest though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline promqueen

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 12:52:54 AM »

Just curious why aren't you a fan of this set?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 12:55:11 AM »

Just curious why aren't you a fan of this set?

...The weapon-grade level of perfume xD. Also the sickly colour schemes and the really wonky altered poses.

I find them interesting enough in terms of how they were sold, etc, and all the name changing and whatever else.

But they're mostly toxic.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 01:05:23 AM »
My favourite is Swirly Whirly. She's so pretty and I love her golden blonde hair and name.

I never smelled the scent for mine have lost it. Is it that good/bad?  I think I'll stick to not longer scented just to be safe.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline promqueen

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 02:04:12 AM »
My favourite is Swirly Whirly. She's so pretty and I love her golden blonde hair and name.

I never smelled the scent for mine have lost it. Is it that good/bad?  I think I'll stick to not longer scented just to be safe.
Yeah I had a tough time not picking her the yellow is just gorgeous and I like the altered collector pose (only 1 ever...unique!). Mine doesn't really smell either anymore!

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 03:51:24 AM »
I love this set so much. I picked Peppermint Crunch because she's just gorgeous, but Swirly Whirly is in the same spot - she has the best smell IMO and she's so cute, almost like an updated Collector's Pose. I really need to re-collect this set :lovey:

Thanks Ragamuffin for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 05:20:31 AM »
I went for Banana Surprise as her colours are gorgeous & go well together, plus she's from the old collection!!!

But yep, Butter Kiss is lovely & I also like Waffles (her German equivalent wi the aqua hair). I also enjoy Butter Kiss's scent. I don't think I've ever had a Banana Surprise with a scent though (I like bananas). On my old Chocolate Chip I never really noticed a scent at all when I opened her; however my Blackberry Pie, she had a very strong scent on her!!! Taffeta if you think Sundae Best Ponies have a scent, you'll LOATHE the Sweetberries!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 05:27:34 AM »
Nope, the Sundae Best are worse xD.

I have all of the scented ponies I think, plus most of the variants for the ones where they exist (because I'm genuinely a sucker for punishment) and the only scented pony I had as a child was Cherry Treats (a sweetberry). But she's nowhere near as bad - and nor are the other Sweetberries - as Chocolate Chip or Butter Kiss when they get going. I was reminded of Butter Kiss's horror a year or two back when I got an ebay lot and opened the box and it all REEKED of her scent.

I know how I would describe it but I'm not sure if I might get a mod slap, so I won't.

And Chocolate Chip should be deployed at a military level.

Bear in mind those last two I had second hand and they were still way more potent than my childhood Sweetberry. And I know they're not one-offs, because the German versions are just as bad. Fortunately my HK Chocolate Chip has hardly any scent left so she's my favourite ;)

It's not a contest. xD
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:30:35 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 05:37:14 AM »

I have all of the scented ponies I think, plus most of the variants for the ones where they exist (because I'm genuinely a sucker for punishment) and the only scented pony I had as a child was Cherry Treats (a sweetberry). But she's nowhere near as bad - and nor are the other Sweetberries - as Chocolate Chip or Butter Kiss when they get going. I was reminded of Butter Kiss's horror a year or two back when I got an ebay lot and opened the box and it all REEKED of her scent.

I know how I would describe it but I'm not sure if I might get a mod slap, so I won't.

Bear in mind those last two I had second hand and they were still way more potent than my childhood Sweetberry. And I know they're not one-offs, because the German versions are just as bad. Fortunately my HK Chocolate Chip has hardly any scent left so she's my favourite ;)

It's not a contest. xD
I've often had a problem with smelling stuff (meaning I don't notice many smells unless they're STRONG). But somehow I find it weird with G3 Chocolate Chipper who tries but fails to smell of chocolate. However my LEAST favourite scented Pony is G3 Pretty Pop. One whiff of her & I almost threw up!!! I HATE bubblegum though so that's probably why...

I'm most keen on the citrus scented ponies like Lemon Treats & two of the Sunny Scents Ponies...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:23 AM »

XD XD

Post Merge: August 12, 2020, 06:17:29 AM

I chose Swirly Whirly/Butter Kiss...she is really the only one I like in this set. The only one I have/have ever had is Sherbet/Sorbet Surprise, and thankfully her scent has dissipated long ago; as a child I vividly recall the toxic stench-bomb that radiated from her and polluted our entire play area if we didn't keep her wrapped up. Obviously I'm not a fan of how these smell. I'm pretty smell-sensitive though, and am prone to headaches from stuff like that.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:17:29 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »
Swirly Whirly! I love the monochrome yellow ponies a ton!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 07:06:02 AM »

It's not a contest. xD

It still amuses me that the US ad for Sundae Best ponies says  “ponies that smell like ice cream” when even as a child I never thought Coco Berry/Chocolate Chip smelled like ice cream.  :lol:

I do like a few ponies from this set like Sherbet/Sorbet Surprise, Peppermint Crunch and Swirly Whirly/Butter Kiss more for their colors and symbols than their scent.

My childhood Coco Berry/Chocolate Chip is currently hiding in a box with some other ponies. I think her scent was almost gone but if not every pony will probably smell like her.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:08:37 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 07:08:50 AM »
It's really hard to choose, they are all really great to me.

I had Swirly Whirly as a kid, then I got Sherbet, Coco Berry and two Banana Surprise in the last 3 years.

Banana Surprise is incredibly cute, Sherbet looks amazing as well and it's such a shame Coco's hair fades. Swirly is a tad monochromatic but I think she rocks it well enough. Peppermint Crunch might look a bit plain but I think she would look great on display anyway. And I can't hate Crunch Berry, she's got neon yellow hair. *-*
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal