collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Ruins of Dream Valley-MLP Transformers Crossover Fanfic  (Read 1758 times)

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I Love Ponies...Always!
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
The Ruins of Dream Valley-MLP Transformers Crossover Fanfic
« on: August 08, 2020, 09:48:19 PM »
Hi all,

I've been writing a fan fic the past few months in my spare time about G1 My Little Pony and Transformers! It's called The Ruins of Dream Valley and you can read it on Archive of Our Own: https://archiveofourown.org/works/22097425/chapters/52737439

Feel free to read it and leave me a comment/feedback! I hope you like it!  :blush:

~ChocolateStarfire
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales
Brightbow Avvy-SquarePeg :lovey: My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: The Ruins of Dream Valley-MLP Transformers Crossover Fanfic
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:15:03 PM »
Just gave it a read-through, and found it very enjoyable, even as someone who knows almost nothing about Transformers. Do you have plans to continue it? Brightbow was an interesting choice for the protagonist, she was one of the baby rainbow ponies, right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 03:40:35 AM »
Nice so far, looking forward to the next chapter
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 06:54:34 AM »
Sounds interesting. I'll hafta check it out.

It was interesting, I'm glad she found more of her kind. But I'm surprised at how much of a jerk Jazz was being. He's always been a friendly and open minded Autobot.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:08:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 10:15:09 AM »
I agree that Brightbow was a very unexpected choice of protagonist! I really like how you wrote how she displayed horsey emotions. Using lots of baby ponies was such a great decision, too! Really shows how much time has past.

Sig by Starscout <3

• View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 10:28:42 PM »
Thanks all for reading, I will be adding more chapters soonish (well given my workload so far...maybe by this weekend?  :cry:)

Just gave it a read-through, and found it very enjoyable, even as someone who knows almost nothing about Transformers. Do you have plans to continue it? Brightbow was an interesting choice for the protagonist, she was one of the baby rainbow ponies, right?

I agree that Brightbow was a very unexpected choice of protagonist! I really like how you wrote how she displayed horsey emotions. Using lots of baby ponies was such a great decision, too! Really shows how much time has past.

Thank you both! I chose baby ponies to show that the valley had been around for a long time, and that they had grown into the adults/roles they have now!

I also chose Brightbow because she was my first and favorite MLP growing up!

It was interesting, I'm glad she found more of her kind. But I'm surprised at how much of a jerk Jazz was being. He's always been a friendly and open minded Autobot.

I admit I haven't seen a whole lot of G1 Transformers episodes, so I based his character off of a Wiki summary!  :blush: He tends to tease Brightbow because she didn't trust the Autobots initially, which probably also feeds into his distrust of her as well. He might change his tune in later chapters! :)

Thank you! I will write it as soon as am I able. :)

My MLP customs
My eBay Sales

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 05:11:07 AM »
Thanks all for reading, I will be adding more chapters soonish (well given my workload so far...maybe by this weekend?  :cry:)

Thank you both! I chose baby ponies to show that the valley had been around for a long time, and that they had grown into the adults/roles they have now!

I also chose Brightbow because she was my first and favorite MLP growing up!

I admit I haven't seen a whole lot of G1 Transformers episodes, so I based his character off of a Wiki summary!  :blush: He tends to tease Brightbow because she didn't trust the Autobots initially, which probably also feeds into his distrust of her as well. He might change his tune in later chapters! :)

Thank you! I will write it as soon as am I able. :)
I know that feeling!!! I also have some trouble finishing some stories, both fanfics & other stories. I have a whole folder full of half-written stories waiting for inspiration to finish them.

They're all on hold as I'm currently working on one particular story which has pretty much taken over me. It's not Pony, rather it's a science fantasy thing along the lines of the world used to have  technology but it was wiped out so now only a few small areas (vaults) remain in an otherwise medieval environment. I'm currently on the second-last section, before the final part, & I actually know in brief how to finish it!!! it's just fleshing it out that's hard...

Plus I may not be the best at drawing but I've also made some images to go wi the story, including a map whose size accuracy is doubtful, though I do feature the right landscapes... That map is a quick guide to let me know how far I've come & where I've still to go...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 09:35:22 PM »
PonyBookworm: That's cool! I used to make maps for my stories, but lately I haven't had the time. I have more partially finished ponies than stories!...glad to know I'm not alone in starting and stopping projects! LOL

Your story sounds awesome, feel free to share once you're ready! :3
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 05:01:51 AM »
PonyBookworm: That's cool! I used to make maps for my stories, but lately I haven't had the time. I have more partially finished ponies than stories!...glad to know I'm not alone in starting and stopping projects! LOL

Your story sounds awesome, feel free to share once you're ready! :3
I would but it has some NSFW elements to it (my main character falls in love, marries & conceives children & sometimes it's detailed & though I tried to avoid obvious words, it's still clear they're up to adult things; also there are battles & some pretty nasty things done by the enemy).

If I knew where to share it which wasn't a child-friendly place I would share it there...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal