collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breyer model horses 70th anniversary  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Breyer model horses 70th anniversary
« on: August 03, 2020, 04:46:54 PM »
Any Breyer collectors here have any info on the 70th anniversary Random Ship horses?  I was wondering if they are limited in quantity or if Breyer will just keep producing until the end of the year? 

Also, if I don't get one of the two I was after, anyone up for a trade?  I'm hoping I get fighting stallion or indian pony, so I figure I got a 50/50 chance of getting what I want(I'm not counting the chase figure, cause I'm sure I'd never get that one).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Breyer model horses 70th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
Well, it arrived today.  I did get the chase figure surprisingly.  I just have no idea how "rare" it actually will be. 

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
Congrats on getting the chase horse--that is so lucky. I've seen him go for $150 on ebay sometimes. I have the only two I wanted--the fighting stallion and the chase (luckily, I found a store selling him). I'm guessing the horses will be available until the end of the year or until they sell out, but I'm not sure.

Well, it arrived today.  I did get the chase figure surprisingly.  I just have no idea how "rare" it actually will be. 

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
Thank you Cherrytreats for posting.  I was getting sad about no responses. 

I have an issue with my chase model though.  He has a hole in his muzzle.  I know in the molding process there can be small holes, but models I've had in the past the holes were in the nostril and not really noticeable.  His is right in the corner of his mouth, glaringly obvious from inside his box.  Oh well. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:55:15 PM »

I have an issue with my chase model though.  He has a hole in his muzzle.  I know in the molding process there can be small holes, but models I've had in the past the holes were in the nostril and not really noticeable.  His is right in the corner of his mouth, glaringly obvious from inside his box.  Oh well.

From what I understand holes are needed in certain materials. Ever heard of breyer bloaties?

http://disturbingequines.blogspot.com/2008/08/bloaties.html?m=1
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:57:52 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 10:38:07 PM »

From what I understand holes are needed in certain materials. Ever heard of breyer bloaties?

http://disturbingequines.blogspot.com/2008/08/bloaties.html?m=1

Indeed. All modern Breyers, barring error, are made to have little holes to prevent bloating. Some collectors even put holes in models that are missing them, to prevent future problems.

The nostril holes are what I see most, but muzzle or mouth corner is not uncommon. So no worries!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:40:49 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
Wow just took a look! The 70th Anniversary model is very good looking! Alas, I lack the space for him.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal