Creativity > Customs

Customizers' chit-chat thread

<< < (2/100) > >>

BlackCurtains:

--- Quote from: Griffin on August 03, 2020, 06:36:48 AM ---Gosh now I miss all our retired customisers and other old members!  :cry:
--- End quote ---

Same :( It seems those that didn't get out of the hobby are instead posting on social media sites. I know Instagram has a lot of "new" custom makers, either new new or ones I've never seen before.

mlp4me:
I'm dragging my feet finishing up a restore of Mexican Baby North Star. I just restored Mom Honeycomb and two Peru's. Cleaned & stripped my last dozen G4 bait bases and am hoping I can get back into the mood to work on them in the near future... I've thrown the towel in on G1 customs for this year, just restores.

Griffin:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on August 03, 2020, 07:40:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Griffin on August 03, 2020, 06:36:48 AM ---Gosh now I miss all our retired customisers and other old members!  :cry:
--- End quote ---

Same :( It seems those that didn't get out of the hobby are instead posting on social media sites. I know Instagram has a lot of "new" custom makers, either new new or ones I've never seen before.

--- End quote ---

I've been thinking about making an Instagram account for my customs but not sure about that... I'm not really looking for any "exposure" for my own work, especially now that I'm not taking commissions anymore, but it would be nice to be able to view some of the content. I'm not interested in posting photos of my personal life, and the self-promotion culture of IG feels alienating to me. But I know there are some pony customisers on IG and I'd love to follow some doll repaint artists, too. *shrug*

Mlp4me, sounds good! And kudos for prepping so many G4s at once. :O I've done two recently and even getting their heads off is such a hassle. I accidentally broke the plug on an Applejack I baited, it just snapped in half when I tried to twist the head off.

Then again, most of the G1 baits I currently have are already painted by someone and while it's great to have ponies which are clearly baity, I'm not looking forward to stripping the paint. :P

bright rabbit 1:
Got ponies to customise, and re root both customs and non customs

Working on custom Lego Mini Doll Figures (from the Lego Disney Princess, and Lego Friends Lines) for characters from Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. Got the characters for Karen and Popuri (got to paint the hair). I hope to get the Lego Disney Princess Storybooks of The Little Mermaid, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast to make Yu who’s the younger brother of Ellie and grandson of Ellen (don’t know how to do her), Mei who’s Mugi (don’t know how I’m going to do him), and the Seven Nature Sprits (Cherry, Pumpkin, Sunny, Mint, Blueberry, Plum and Aqua). Working on making all of the places from the game (the houses, and Mother’s Hill).

Also doing Defenders of the Earth Lego Mini Doll Figures (got the base character for Jenna).

Making loom band bracelets.

SunPony:
Oh this is a fun thread, thanks for starting it Griffin!  You all have fun projects, I love hearing about them.  And having a photobooth sounds nice...we have a huge one at work but I haven't thought about getting a small one for my own uses...hmm.

I've been working on several projects that I've meant to do for years - Baby Leapfrog that I posted awhile ago, G3 Munchy, and a Moondancer -> elephant heavily-sculpted custom.  Munchy just needs hair.  Ele-dancer is all sculpted and just needs painting, well she also needs some counter-weights put in her back legs, her trunk makes her ridiculously front-heavy.

I'm also working on my monochrome swap pony of course but I can't really talk about that too much.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version