collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Neopets? Or other pet sites?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Neopets? Or other pet sites?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 01:29:39 AM »
I like Rescreatu. Not much in the way of games, but the pets are really cool, and the seasonal events are fun. You can collect as many pets as yiu want, too, and it's really easy to make money, lol. I'm at 24 mill and i go shopping all the time. The people are nice, but its definitely a low key site. Good for so gamers who don't really want to spend a lot of time on it. Ooooh, and avatar dress up is fun. There's lots of clothes to collect and wear.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 01:34:41 AM »
Marapets! I actually logged in after a year and a bit hiatus.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 04:05:26 PM »
Neopets has its Charity Corner event going on, not too interested though. The game still feels stagnant.
I did try Dappervolk for the first time tonight, it's quite fun! It looks to be fit to play on mobile, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »
Happy 21st birthday to neopets this Sunday

Offline sentimental

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • stuck in a utopia of sentimental androids !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 05:34:03 PM »
I've been spending some time on dappervolk and used to frequent chicken smoothie and flight rising, but I've rather fell off the pet site train. I'm so bad at remembering to get online and check pets and seasonal events etc. So many of these sites I'd not heard of before- pony island looks super cute! Might have to give it a go myself.
please call me senti! ♡ my instagrammy g3 wishlistsig artwork by me

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 08:23:48 PM »
I used to play Neopets a lot.  I set up some accounts for my niece and nephews (for a total of 4 accounts including mine) when they were little so I could help them with the games and recently (like a year ago) I tried to access the accounts (because I know they aren't using them without me--I always had to log them in) to condense down to my main account and a second that has the lab ray for zapping and pounding random pets but apparently in the time that I didn't ever log in to Neopets (we're talking several years) 2 of the accounts got locked and I have never been answered in my requests to have them unlocked.  I don't know why they were locked since I never logged in on them and never received notification that they were being locked during that time and I can't get anyone to respond to my requests so I've kind of not bothered with it.  It all happened between the time Nickelodeon bought them and  now so I have no idea what's been happening on there.

Offline Marshie

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Local Twinkle Eye and MLP Tales fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 10:08:34 PM »
I used to play Neopets, Club Penguin, Gaia Online, Webkinz, IMVU, and all sorts of online roleplaying/pet games. Club Penguin was by far my favorite and I tried the copycat ones for a while (until I heard some unsavory things about the guy who made the copycat site). I tried getting back into Neopets but with Flash dying, it doesn't work well lately.
For more modern, active games, I second Dappervolk! Very cute game!

Avatar by me~! Sig by NanoRuby~!
MLPArena Wishlist Full Wishlist

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 07:59:28 AM »
Pokeyonekenobie - a few years ago there was some sort of data/security breach on Neopets - honestly can't remember all the details now, but the end result was that a lot of innocent people got their accounts frozen "for protection". Yeah... good idea, until the mods refuse to give accounts back to their rightful owners >_> One of my accts got banned too, had to fight for months to get it back. At one point the Neoboards were full of threads where people were waiting for their accounts to be unfrozen, it was ridiculous. I'd bet that's what happened with your accounts :( Sorry to hear about that.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 11:00:52 AM »
I had a look at Dappervolk just from curiosity of the name from this conversation :D
THe art is really cute, but the site is very counterintuitive in a lot of ways and there seem to be a lot of things limited to doing x or y rather than a more free kind of play. I'm not sure yet what I think of it overall. It seems like it could be amazing if it just tweaked around with a few things :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 03:11:56 PM »
Neopets is actually where I got this username. Six is one of my favorite numbers and I think what happened is "Hannah6" wasn't available and it offered me other options and I somehow ended up here. XD My account is 15 years old.  :blink: Ever since neopets sold out I haven't played much since the site's never been the same. A few pages from the site still make my list of daily clicks but that's about it.

I also play Subeta and have been semi-regularly since 2009. Same username. I technically joined others here or there but never stayed long. I always meant to try more on misticpets - I'm sad to hear it's dead now.  :( I hear about flight rising and dappervolk every so often but have never really investigated. I came across a lion themed one too but I wasn't big on the artstyle. I also play goatlings, under the username Cherished.

I miss my gaia account but I haven't been able to access it for years.  >_< From what I can tell the site isn't the same as it was when I played more a decade ago.

I also really, really enjoyed this site called neurogalaxy and it just... up and closed with no warning to any of us and that still kind of hurts.  :pout:

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 04:36:12 PM »
I remember gaia but I didn't know it still existed. I think that was probably even before I first played PI...I seem to remember messing around with it a bit but it was a very long time ago.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 05:27:10 PM »
I first played Gaia in 2009, and it's definitely not the same, I think. I'm not so interested in Gaia anyway because of its focus on forums rather than gameplay but you can't go 3 minutes without getting a message about how you need to buy Gaia Cash because it's on sale or that certain premium items are back in stock, etc. I picked it back up early 2018 and the forums were full of people complaining about the amount of messages they were getting from the staff to buy Cash and buy premium items. :huh:

There's also a couple different subscription services. Like when I was playing in 2018 there was this "donation" type deal ("Angel Subscription"?) where if you donated some money every month you would get special bits of flair on your name in the forums. And now that I'm on the front page, they're introducing something called "Kitten Star perks"/a "perk" subscription? I don't know what that means but it wants me to log in to find out.

They had to switch the main currency from Gold to Platinum because of how many people were hacking in money and causing prices to inflate to ridiculous amounts. I'm talking 1 platinum : 10 million gold. That's right, if something worthless is worth 25p, that means it would've been 250 million gold, which was unobtainable since you would only get like 20 or so gold per forum post.

ZOMG is pretty much dead as far as I can tell, but they added a Pokemon-like game called Lake Kindred. It's good to grind for items but it's easy to get high-level monsters which totally breaks the game. And last time I checked, the items are always the same. They're gacha/lootbox-style but the pool of items is the same and they haven't changed what drops. I can't imagine any of those items being worth that much money as a result.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal