collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 3D Printer advice  (Read 910 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
3D Printer advice
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:52:29 PM »
I keep asking my friend to print things off for me, and its sorta become a lot, to the point, where I think MAYBE, I should consider saving up for a printer myself, haha.

However, If I'm going to buy a printer, I might as get one I'll get maximum use out of. So far, I really only have my buddy print me off things like ear savers, and key cap removers, and lil nick-knacks like that, I've never bothered asking for something that might require a higher resolution.

I'm not looking to break the bank, but I also would like something that could give me decent resolution, so I'm fully expecting and committed to paying out.
I would like to print D&D miniatures, gundam/model mod parts, and I have a couple ball jointed doll files iv bought and squirreled away, that I would love to work on someday lol. Aside from the bjd, I predict that most of my prints would be of the miniature/small scale size, where a low res print would just not help with the small details.

So anyone experienced have any suggestions for me?

edit: It looks like I should look for something called a SLA/DLP Printer?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:19:27 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Printer advice
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 06:03:31 PM »
do you want to deal with jugs of toxic liquids and UV lights or do you want to deal with filament on spools? 

my DH fell head over heels with the hobby recently and he has 5 printers now.  XD so feel free to PM me with specific questions if you want
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Printer advice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 11:21:04 PM »
I have wanted one too, but I think that’s an investment for later me to deal with. I don’t have much advice, but I do know a bit about 3d modeling if you need assistance.
    From what I have observed, since I know a number of people in the hobby, filament seems to be the most widely used. Or at least the only method I have observed.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal