collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oh hi!  (Read 638 times)

Offline Vintagesoadorable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Oh hi!
« on: July 29, 2020, 01:34:30 AM »
Hello! I have been collecting ponies since I was little. I remember going to the antique mall with my best friend and squeezing her hand or having her squeeze mine when we would come across a pony. That was probably twenty years ago! I am now 30 years old and still get that same feeling when I come across a My Little Pony “in the wild”.

I only started falling in love with my ponies again when I read this book called “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up”, by Marie Kondo. For those who haven’t read it, it basically helps people get rid of things and advocates for a sort of minimalistic life. She says, if it doesn’t bring you joy, then discard it. My entire life, I’ve had such a hard time getting rid of things. I recently moved to another state and to a much smaller place, so this book came at a perfect time in my life. For the first time ever (after being inspired by her book), I was able to part with my things! And do it easily! Anyway, I got rid of soo much stuff. So, so much. I used to keep everything: clothes, purses, stickers, a stick on the ground I thought was neat, or a leaf that stayed on my car’s window for 7 hours that I formed an emotional connection to...I mean, I could have been a potential hoarder haha. I started to sell my old things I bought but never wore, liked, or needed anymore. It was great, I was decluttering and on a mission. I moved through my childhood room, eager to finally be an adult who doesn’t form emotional connections with leafs. Haha

ANYWAY, I got to my ponies. My old friends! But I was almost 30, and I’m decluttering. And on a mission. I could sell them too probably. I picked them up one by one, apologizing to them for not playing with them lately (haha),  fixed their hair-I was excited to put them online and see if people would buy them. I put one I didn’t remember having up online and went to sleep. To my absolute horror, I woke up and saw it sold. My little Dazzle Glow I didn’t even remember having really, had sold. Oh my gosh. I could sell another though, it was fine. It wasn’t that bad...it was only one. So then I did, but not after spending that entire day looking at ponies online, reading stuff about my old friends, and basically falling in love with them all over again. I am so glad I wasn’t blinded by my need to de-clutter and stopped selling when I did because I think I would be crying right now. This was back in December and my pony collection has grown since then haha.

The G1 ponies are the ones I love and the ones that bring back such great memories. I also do like the G2s because I think they are so sweet. Sorry that was so long!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Oh hi!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:58:20 AM »
Aw, thanks for sharing! Funny how hard it can be to part with a pony sometimes! I'm glad you rediscovered your love!
Welcome to the Arena!! I hope that you enjoy the boards!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:46 PM »

Welcome to the Arena :cheer:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 08:10:49 AM »
What a lovely story! :lovey: Welcome to the Arena, I hope you enjoy it here and make a lot of new friends!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 02:07:43 PM »