collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Movie - Ever Released in Widescreen on DVD?  (Read 561 times)

Offline Arkseil

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
G1 Movie - Ever Released in Widescreen on DVD?
« on: July 28, 2020, 06:20:11 PM »
I was REALLY sick this weekend due to some meds I'm on at the moment, and in my misery I resorted to a childhood favourite - the G1 MLP movie. It was the first movie I ever remember seeing in theatres, although apparently my parents took me to see Snow White first.

The DVD copy I have is fullscreen format, but since it was a theatrical movie release it must have been made in widescreen, right? I'm wondering if that has ever been released on DVD anywhere? I wish they'd re-master it. My version is pretty low quality even though it's an official DVD. I assume that it's never made it to bluray or anything high def, hahaha.

Anyhow, it had been a few years since I'd seen it but some of it still really holds up - Nothing Can Stop the Smooze is still catchy as heck! There's Always Another Rainbow was also super charming still.
<3 Check out my RedBubble shop for G1 Pony designs + other fun things from the 80s & 90s! <3
https://www.redbubble.com/people/PlasticRainbow/explore?asc=u&page=1&sortOrder=recen

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Movie - Ever Released in Widescreen on DVD?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
Actually, not every theatrical movie was made in widescreen. And I think there's a chance My Little Pony: The Movie wasn't. I say that because The Transformers: The Movie (which is from a sibling franchise and was contracted to the same people) wasn't; the "widescreen" release of it was actually made by cropping  :X
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal