collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~  (Read 144245 times)

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~Out Now and Coming Soon ~
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2020, 10:26:29 AM »
Oof, I wish they’d just stuck with the G4 pop style, it was much cuter. The long horsey faces look really weird on those chibi bodies. That being said, I’m so incredibly happy they made the full set of 6 I will absolutely be getting these guys. They’re not ugly, just... weirdly proportioned.

Wouldn't that negate them being G1 Collector Ponies?

It would indeed, but it would’ve been interesting if they did a g1 in g4 pop style!!
I’ll be on the lookout for these g1 pops though!

Skim read that the first time and genuinely read "in a g4 poop style." Was about to ask what Hasbro were thinking now when I realised what it actually said ;)

Really need to stop reading these forums after midnight. Lockdown has totally screwed with my sleep pattern xD.

I wish they would stop producing anything Pinkie Pie. Just, seriously. No more Pinkie Pie. Please. It's been 17 years already ><

NO MORE PINKIE PIE?! :shocked: I think she’s a permanent part of MLP now!! Her and Rainbow dash. I’d like to see more Minty ponies!!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2020, 10:28:25 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care how many Pinkies and Rainbows they throw at us, as long as they give us OTHER ponies as well!! :P And I DON'T mean just one newbie every ten sets.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2020, 11:00:24 AM »
Oof, I wish they’d just stuck with the G4 pop style, it was much cuter. The long horsey faces look really weird on those chibi bodies. That being said, I’m so incredibly happy they made the full set of 6 I will absolutely be getting these guys. They’re not ugly, just... weirdly proportioned.

It would indeed, but it would’ve been interesting if they did a g1 in g4 pop style!!

Skim read that the first time and genuinely read "in a g4 poop style." Was about to ask what Hasbro were thinking now when I realised what it actually said ;)

Really need to stop reading these forums after midnight. Lockdown has totally screwed with my sleep pattern xD.

I wish they would stop producing anything Pinkie Pie. Just, seriously. No more Pinkie Pie. Please. It's been 17 years already ><

NO MORE PINKIE PIE?! :shocked: I think she’s a permanent part of MLP now!! Her and Rainbow dash. I’d like to see more Minty ponies!!

Unfortunately you may be right, and that is one of the main reasons I fear FIM has destroyed MLP for good.

I liked RD in G3,  and graduated with her in 2003, but I was never much for Pinkie's coloiur scheme and I can't stand the FIM versions of either pony.

They make me happy to have grown up with G1. I will never give up on hoping Hasbro will eradicate them permanently in G5, but I won't hold my breath.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »

Unfortunately you may be right, and that is one of the main reasons I fear FIM has destroyed MLP for good.

I liked RD in G3,  and graduated with her in 2003, but I was never much for Pinkie's coloiur scheme and I can't stand the FIM versions of either pony.

They make me happy to have grown up with G1. I will never give up on hoping Hasbro will eradicate them permanently in G5, but I won't hold my breath.

Sounds like you have quite the disdain for Pinkie and RD :lol: lol. I personally am not a huge fan of twilight sparkle, but didn’t really mind RD or pinkie.

Luna / nightmare moon & Celestia were my favorites from FIM! They are what made the show worth while IMO.

I also LOVE G3 & G4 minty.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »

Hasbro had decided on those two (especially Pinkie) being the representative ponies for MLP long before FIM. To the point where they forced them into FIM despite the characters originally being designed as Surprise and Firefly. Tbh I hope future generations give them different personalities. I miss fashion forward Dashie and I'd love to see an organized Pinkie who loves planning parties as much as giving them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2020, 02:30:21 AM »
I think Sunny Daze and Sparkleworks were just as representative in G3 up to a point, given all the merchandise. And later there was the core 7 nonsense as well. But yes, they did rather force them into the G4 lineup. Hasbro especially like Pinkie, you can tell by the amount they put out that they're really pleased with her. I guess they see 'pink' as a big seller, but they also seem to be under the misapprehension that G4 pinkie is 'random' and 'funny'. Unfortunately for them she's neither. If you have to try to be random or if random is a key concept of a persona, it's not random any more :p

And she's never been funny :/

I am not really a fan of any of the M6. They're all too cliche to really become attached to. But although I'm not really a fan of Firefly either, I don't think RD is a bit like her. The Firefly we saw in RaMC was not even a bit the same as Rainbow Dash in her attitude. And yeah, Firefly could be a reckless idiot in the comics, generally needing bailing out by someone else - but that arrogance RD has is nowhere to be seen.

I grew up with comic Surprise anyway, who bears zero resemblance to Pinkie Pie. But even that brief moment of Surprise in the G1 animation is also nothing like Pinkie Pie.

The forcing of the characters into G4 is Hasbro, for sure, but the personalities probably aren't entirely Hasbro's fault. Then again, I would've been seething even more if those personalities had been in Firefly and Surprise in G4, so..*shrug*.

Applejack in G4 is not especially offensive in comparison, despite being completely different from original AJ.

But eh. I was never much of a fan of the G1 animation as a kid, but watching FIM made me a lot more appreciative of the old series. ><
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:35:49 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »
MightyJaxx is making a Princess Celestia Dissectable! She's going to be a large figure and is a bit pricey at $150. That is probably standard for vinyl stuff but kind of scares me...I do want her though, maybe it'll kick me to finally sell off the other box of Dissectables I have.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »
MightyJaxx is making a Princess Celestia Dissectable! She's going to be a large figure and is a bit pricey at $150. That is probably standard for vinyl stuff but kind of scares me...I do want her though, maybe it'll kick me to finally sell off the other box of Dissectables I have.

$150??? That's like 50% more than the Kotobukiya scales? Why is she anime figure price? She better be really good, geez.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2020, 08:03:05 AM »
Celestia isn't listed yet, but Garfield is up for the same price and he's 8inches tall. I mean, it's also free shipping, so I feel like that's factored in since they're from Singapore.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2020, 08:09:06 AM »

$150??? That's like 50% more than the Kotobukiya scales? Why is she anime figure price? She better be really good, geez.

It's pretty on par with vinyl toys.. (especially if limited edition, which she appears to be -- http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/xxray-plus-mlp-princess-celestia-from-mightyjaxx )

I wouldn't compare it to anime figurines prices.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 08:41:55 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »
Celestia isn't listed yet, but Garfield is up for the same price and he's 8inches tall. I mean, it's also free shipping, so I feel like that's factored in since they're from Singapore.

I'm ashamed to admit that it took me about five minutes before I got what you meant here. For a moment I wondered if I'd missed a Garfield crossover pony.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2020, 12:08:14 PM »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2020, 01:22:42 PM »
oh yeah i looked at a pop culture store here in NZ and they have them up for pre order too :biggrin: yahoo for retro stuff in NZ :lol:

sorry if this has been mentioned but there is a scented one, cotton candy, i never knew funko did scented ones.

anyways they are $25 here, $17uds  :huh: oh well, atleast i can owe own without the pricey shipping  :satisfied:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:26:19 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2020, 11:11:17 AM »
The Garfield thing temporarily threw me off. :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
More info on the POP ponies:
https://www.mlpmerch.com/2020/11/pre-orders-for-funko-retro-my-little.html

Pics of the keyrings (yay!), but also it turns out Bluebelle is a Hot Topic exclusive (!@#%$£^*)!!!!!!). Gah, I really hate how Funko does their exclusives.... scented CC as a Gamestop exclusive, sure, cool, but why have Bluebelle only at one store? >_< I guess that explains why she wasn't listed with the others in the original leak, though.

Still wish they'd made keyrings of all six, but if it can only be two, I'm glad they picked my favourite two. :> Definitely getting these, just hope my local-ish comic store can get their hands on Bluebelle... sometimes they stock exclusives, so fingers crossed...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal