collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How can I save new in box and loose ponies from mold spores?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Long story short, my collection has been stored on open shelves in a room in my parents home. They run a window air conditioner all the time, never turn it off. Room is dark to protect sunfading. Last time I checked it months ago it had black dust, assumed dirt. Now it has clear visible dark and white mold in and coming out of the vents. It blows basicly on my collection.
Ac is getting replaced. But what should I do now? Carboard boxes can't be washed, nor can everything in my collection. Lots of unwashable delicate, nwt or custom plush. No visible mold but obviously spores could be on everything.
Should I dust everything with a brush? Maybe use tape on plush like getting cat fur off them?  Very few things can be cleaned with anything wet. Should I buy a uv air purifier?
A lot also needs to be put in either storage rubermaids or carboard boxes for the new ac installation. Will cover the vents with plastic so no more spores can get out.
Please help me save me collection ;w;
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: How can I save new in box and loose ponies from mold spores?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 05:22:31 PM »
With the plush, I would consider spraying some sort of lysol/or mold killer?
Mold spores are everywhere in the air though, I would just try to monitor the humidity in the room. You just have to make sure the air does not allow the spores to thrive on your stuff. They liked the AC because it was wet, likely.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
With the plush, I would consider spraying some sort of lysol/or mold killer?
Mold spores are everywhere in the air though, I would just try to monitor the humidity in the room. You just have to make sure the air does not allow the spores to thrive on your stuff. They liked the AC because it was wet, likely.
Maybe I should run a dehumidifier? :O I actually have lysol wipes so that might be okay on my plush and plastic
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »
I definitely suggest a dehumidifier if you are concerned!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Itcheeee

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 11:46:22 PM »
I definitely suggest a dehumidifier if you are concerned!
Just got a new one just for this. Planning on running it for a few days. Thank you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal