collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who do you love?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Who do you love?
« on: July 26, 2020, 03:16:52 AM »
Who are the ponies that you have now, but weren't available where you lived as a child, that you love and are stars in your herd?

Example: as a kid in the U.S.A., you couldn't have found Cascade, but now you have her.   Or as a kid in Europe, you would never have found Brazilian Twist, but now you got her and she's a favorite?

I have many non-US ponies, but the ones who are my favorites and get displayed front and center are Cascade(mine is so minty!), Hopscotch(her colors), Gypsy(that unicorn pose and her colors!), and now Sweet Clover(she just arrived!).

My mountain boys are nice, my flower ponies are nice and many others, but I'm looking for those special few that you hold above the rest in your collection. 

So who do you got who's a star?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
Re: Who do you love?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 05:45:52 AM »
My regular-eyed UK baby Unicorns, Ribbon and Gusty are pretty special to me. I only ever had the beddy bye eye versions as a kid. Although they were some of my favorite characters, I always hated the glass eyes, how they had eye makeup (wtf hasbro?) and that wonky top-heavy bbe unicorn pose... Getting them as just normal baby ponies as an adult collector was a dream come true.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 09:44:14 AM »
I only ever had three ponies as a kid so I really love the Peppermint Crunch I won from someone on here. That was my very first G1 pegasus too :D I also love the G1 pegasus and sparkly green unicorn with yellow mane and tail that I got from one of my sisters in law and the dolly mix Minty my friend Cally sent me. Wish I knew the name of the pegasus and sparkly green unicorn but that unicorn was my first G1 unicorn. I also have a 35th anniversary edition of Moonstone so while it's not an original it still represents G1 and I love her especially since my husband let me pick her out for our anniversary of meeting each other last year. Looked it up on mylittlewiki and my G1 unicorn is Starhopper and my G1 pegasus is Brilliant Bloom.^^ Now if I can just remember their names this time lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 10:08:10 AM by Koudoawaia »

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 10:19:32 AM »
I would love to get a So-soft, but they were not released in Europe. That's not a specific pony, but I hope this applies.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 01:24:42 PM »
My current favorites/stars of my herd are a mix of replacements from my childhood herd, ponies I'd known about but never had, those I only knew from the cartoon series but had never seen in person, those I never knew existed (including those who weren't sold in the U.S.):

Replacements of my childhood herd: Mirror Mirror, MM Windy, Blueberry Baskets, and Raspberry Jam

Ponies I knew about but never had: Strawberry Surprise & MM Cuddles

Those I knew about from the cartoon series but never had: Galaxy, Fizzy, Masquerade, Locket, and Salty

Those who were new to me as an adult collector: Speedy, Love Story, Painting Time, TE Bright Eyes

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
Apologising for being predictable but the y3 unicorns and pegasus ponies, and the year 3 rainbows.

All majorly featured in the UK comic.

None sold here. Until Basic Fun happened.

They're very nostalgic for me.

Growing up in the UK I never had or knew about Cascade either except she was in the Fact File :). Sweet Clover was also just as peripheral (and in the advert she's peach but the UK one is pink).

I did have Gypsy, she was a second hand find when I was about eight or nine <3 I count her with the early unicorns. They're all really pretty ponies.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 02:34:04 PM »
Baby Cuddles, Ivy, and Silver Glow for me <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
Painting-time!  I wouldn't have encountered her as a kid in the USA but I got her a few years ago and just love her, esp her art theme.  I would have loved to put her in the painting-themed ponywear set I had!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »
Baby Nightsong and Ice Crystal.  When I found out that other countries had ponies that the US didn’t have I thought I would never own one. 

I also love the My Little Pony Tales ponies but I don’t own them.

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 04:46:18 PM »
Hopscotch, Honeycomb, Buttons & Cherries Jubilee have BABIES!!! (Germany)
Baby Ribbon, Baby Bouncy, Baby Quackers & Baby Fifi have MOTHERS!!! (United States/ Canada)
A Pony of a darker blue than Tornado EXISTS!!! (Netherlands: Dutch Diary Pony)
I also love Mum & Baby Crumpet from the United States (maybe Canada) as well.

That's some of my most happily received non-UK Ponies there.

Out of them all I'd say Baby Hopscotch & Baby Buttons were my faves, as I made a felt Baby Buttons to go wi my childhood Baby North Star, & while Teddi (blue Magic Message Pony) looked after my Newborns, so Hopscotch was the one who entertained the older Baby Ponies. So for her to have an older Baby of her own was a dream come true for my Hopscotch & for me.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 08:24:43 PM »
I'm super boring, but my ones I have now and love that weren't available to me as a kid were ones that were right under my nose before I started getting into ponies, but were suddenly discontinued once I was...the rainbow ponies, and the first wave of baby ponies. Baby Glory was my childhood grail; I wanted her so badly, but by the time I saved up enough money for her, she was no longer in stores and it was only the BBE babies. SO disappointing! I even remember being excited a few years later when that set of babies was re-released by mail-order...but they were pearly. I don't know why I never ordered her, whether it was because I didn't like the pearly version or I didn't have enough money or horseshoe points saved up, but I didn't get my Baby G until I started collecting as an adult, but I have her now and she is loved!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 12:17:21 AM »
OMG, baby CJ! All of those are awesome, but Baby CJ especially <3

CJ was one of my first ponies. I still remember finding out she had a baby and I was immediately "MUST GET THIS PONY!"

I can't remember who I traded for her in the end but I know she came from Locket in Austria.

I am actually more fond of my deflocked Ribbon than the SS one. I still think we were an inch away from getting Ribbon as a Movie Star pony and then they switched and gave us Gusty instead.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 02:09:10 AM »
My deflocked Ribbon <3 <3
She is a pony the UK should have had!

My top favourite ponies in general are Baby Ribbon, Little Flitter, Baby Tippytoes, Wind Whistler, Tornado, Sweetstuff/Sweetie, the German Sweet Talkin' ponies and Argentinian Novia :lovey:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 08:39:54 AM »
I had one baby in my childhood herd, Baby Sweetsteps. So I have a soft spot for them all. I especially like Starlight babies. Pearly with tinsel is a win for me.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2020, 09:10:50 AM »
Glory, Medley, Firefly and Twilight are among the favourites that weren't sold in the UK as far as I  know.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal