collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has a seller ever gotten angry at you?  (Read 937 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Has a seller ever gotten angry at you?
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:45:16 AM »
Hello everyone,

So this story ain't that pretty but I feel like i should share it.

I replied to an ad on kijiji and the seller stopped responding. I gave them a low review for ghosting me.
Now, they got angry and send four angry messages, calling me a joke and POS. They said they would deal with me 'in person' if i didn't live so far away. Basically threatening me.

Personally, I find it very dumb of them and laughed at their attempt of trying to insult me. They just looked very dumb in my opinion. I don't care about what they say.

Sadly, I can only block the seller and not report them due to the great ways of kijiji...

So now there's two things.
Do I let the pony community know the sellers online name or do I just ignore it?

And has a seller ever been angry at you?

Please share your thoughts here.

Cheers,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has a seller ever gotten angry at you?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 09:58:31 AM »
Never happened to me personally, but then again I always give five star reviews.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:16:57 AM »
I'm lucky that no seller has come after me for less than five stars/positive. I've only left sub par feedback after contacting the seller to try and work something out. Only once did the seller not reply, but it might have been a language barrier since they were Russian, I don't know. That was years ago on eBay.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 11:36:41 AM »
ahhhh the intimidation bit.  :(  never a good look for them.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 12:15:42 PM »
Clearly that person is horrible. 

As a side note, can I ask how many interactions you had before they stopped responding?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
I've had quite a few passive-aggressive folk on Depop, ha.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 12:32:14 PM »
Clearly that person is horrible. 

As a side note, can I ask how many interactions you had before they stopped responding?

They were standard, polite questions and answers. Nothing I hadn't seen before.
Lover of Windwhistler

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 01:05:47 PM »
Yes...in a low key kind of a way, but mostly because when I started out online I was the cheeky brat who would ask people to ship internationally and they'd get rude about foreign people and I'd get annoyed back xD.

I was a teenager. You might think I'm blunt now, but I was worse then >.>

Two examples that spring to mind of more stupid situations...

One - a guy who refused to ship to me even though he was shipping to my friend in the US. He took exception to the fact his bidder was 'foreign' and got really rude over it. I handed him over to said friend. I have no idea what she said to him but when the package arrived it had extra freebies in that he had put in...

Two - a ponyperson who turned out to be a scammer who threatened to get her stationed in the UK boyfriend to come by my house and 'sort me out' if I didn't stop trying to tell people about it online. Obv nothing happened but I was quite young then and I was a bit scared...Obv. a truly unpleasant person, but she was good at pretending she was a nice person unless you crossed her or tried to speak up about her more dodgy actions.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 08:01:46 PM »
It's happened to me a couple of times.  Once I asked a seller on Ebay about additional flaws a pony might have and received a rude message in return that said "It's old! Of course it's going to be dirty!"

I won an Ebay auction but when it arrived part of it was missing.  I contacted the seller who seemed nice at first and said they would look in to it. The seller sent me the missing item in the end but  in between the time he sent it, I got some passive aggressive messages from them.

Ponyfan     

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 08:53:06 PM »
Not yet, but I have the feeling one is going to be mad at me soon once I leave them some deserved negative feedback. A few weeks ago I had a seller be non-reponsive after I had won 4 of their auctions and I tried contacting them about sending an invoice for my total, including the adjusted combined shipping that was promised in the listing. They never replied to my multiple requests and messages, or sent me the invoice, but tried to file a non-paying bidder claim against me, which ebay ruled in my favor. Despite the transaction not actually going through, it is still giving me the option to leave feedback, which I haven't done yet, but I think I should leave some to warn other potential buyers. I have a feeling that once I do, it's gonna go over about as well as a turd in a punch bowl, because despite the fact that the seller can't be bothered to return messages, they have rebuked most of their other negative feedback that other unfortunate buyers have left with excuses, so I'm sure there will be some retaliatory statement to mine, too, so we'll see what happens. Since the transaction never got so far as my giving them my shipping information, they don't have my real name or address at least, in case they decide I needed to be 'sorted out', as a couple of others on here have experienced threats of.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal