collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you display your ponies?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How do you display your ponies?
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »
I’d love to see pics! I’m getting back into collecting and I need shelves, or something for my ponies! Do you sort by colour, year, set? Or something different!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you display your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
I keep them all stored away in a cupboard in my room.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »
I have 3 bookcases and one wall cabinet. The wall cabinet and two bookcases have glass doors.

Sadly due to space, only a small percentage of my ponies are on display. Due to this, it’s a weird mash up of some full sets, some partial sets, and some individual ponies.  I collect all generations, so I do have things kind of broken up by that in places. It’s not in any particular order though. It’s mostly ponies I particularly like arranged in a loose organization system by what I think looks good and fits the space. 

I have a couple of G2 shelves, a few G3 shelves, multiple G1 shelves, and one of the G4 castles set up as a display for some G4s on top of one of the bookcases. I have a couple mixed shelves as well. I have one shelf that’s mostly G1 nirvana ponies, and one shelf that displays some rare MOCs and some G2s  The large lower shelves on two bookcases are set up as Ponyville displays(I really liked those playsets).  The open bookcase also has some of my other collections(Star Trek, bad movies, Doctor Who, etc) displayed. 

It’s a bit of a hodge-podge of everything.  There is some organization, but it’s not  one of those everything’s on display and limed up in tightly packed rows set ups.    I wish I could post photos, but I’ve never found a substitute for photobucket:(

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:55:58 PM »
I have Dream Castle displayed on my dresser, with Majesty, Firefly, G1 Spike, Starcatcher, and Talking Celestia present in it.  Next to Dream Castle is Scootaloo on her RC scooter, then some Transformers: Power of the Primes Orthia, Volcanicus, and Slash, Titans Return Broadside, Highbrow,  Brainstorm, Hardhead, Apex Optimus Prime, and Fortress Maximus, PotP Rodimus Prime, and War for Cybertron: SIEGE Ultra Magnus and Skyfire.

My Flutter Ponies are displayed on a shelf above the foot of my bed, along with my primary toys of the Mane Six: standard Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, Shine Bright Fluttershy, upright-with-bowtie Spike, and articulated brushable Princess Twilight Sparkle. Fluttershy is driving her scooter, the rest are aboard the Princess Celebration Cars. Said arrangement is displayed on a cardboard platform supported by pillars made from straws hot-glued into Krazy Glue storage tube caps (so that it's visible above the Flutter Ponies).
This shelf also plays host to Transformers: G1 Ultra Magnus, Sunstreaker, and Red Alert, G2 Sideswipe, Titans Return Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, and Wheelie, Generations Arcee, and SIEGE Springer.

Oh, and the Pretty Parlor is up on the odds-and-sods shelf above my closet doors.

The rest of my ponies are stored, either in a bin, on my bookshelf, or in my closet.

@goddessofpeep Even with as annoying as Eclipse is (and it is awful), DeviantArt is a better imagehost than Photo****up was at its best (which it hasn't been at for 10 years).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:57:32 PM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »
I have a shelf that I rotate my toy collections through.  isnt always ponies but often is at least one nosing around among Lego, Transformers, Tron and CareBears.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 09:25:57 PM »
In my bathroom linen closet. It drives my husband nuts because he always has to move ponies every time he has to access the medicine bin, but he never complains.

Offline RLisa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
Bookcases and 2 metallic shelves hanging on the walls. Those are great for g3 with magnets!

Here're some outdated pics, I've re organised my ponies recently. I sort them by set or by colour.

Here is my bookshelf

And a metallic shelve on the wall (sorry I couldn't rotate it on the img hosting site)

Eventually I'd like glass cabinets, no more dust cleaning would be great! I also don't have space to display all ponies so I rotate them frequently.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »
All over the house. Same goes with our Disney stuff and my Little Mermaid collection and Sailor Moon (although she is only represented in two rooms). Which is why my husband is of the opinion that his Transformers should also have the same representation. :P

Let's just say that once you walk through the door you are met with some part of our collections everywhere you go. The bathrooms are the only spaces in our house that are mostly "collection free".

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »
In our basement, on a hodge-podge of bookcases and shelving units.  With multiple moves and apartment/house designs over the years, it's an interesting set-up.

These are older photos (2009-2011), and things have been reorganized since then, but you get the general idea...

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »
In our basement, on a hodge-podge of bookcases and shelving units.  With multiple moves and apartment/house designs over the years, it's an interesting set-up.

These are older photos (2009-2011), and things have been reorganized since then, but you get the general idea...

halicabi

Wow!! I just want to come hang out in that room for a few hours...I think it would take me hours to check out all those ponies! Love it  :)

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »
I shoved most of my ponies into storage, but the ones that I do display are scattered through different places in my room. I decorated a space themed cubby specifically for Luna, elsewhere, I have a group of g1 thru 4 ponies on my desk on a customized tiered spice rack (because I can’t find risers for the life of me in stores). And my plushies are taking up space on a chair together.

Post Merge: July 30, 2020, 10:49:51 PM

halicabi
seeing pony rooms with setups like this is extremely satisfying
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:02:00 AM by Mana Minori »
formerly nightmare muffin

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile