collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

If basic fun remade another g1 playset, whcih one do you want it be?

Paradise estate
12 (19%)
Show stable
3 (4.8%)
Waterfall
17 (27%)
Dream castle
13 (20.6%)
Baby buggy (princess or regular)
5 (7.9%)
Megan's place
1 (1.6%)
Lullaby nursery
5 (7.9%)
Baby Bonnet school of dance
0 (0%)
Satin slipper sweet schoppe
1 (1.6%)
Perm shoppe
0 (0%)
Poof and puff perfume palace
2 (3.2%)
Brush me beautiful boutique
1 (1.6%)
Rockabye bed
0 (0%)
Scrub a dub tub
2 (3.2%)
Sweet dreams crib
1 (1.6%)
Home sweet home
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: July 31, 2020, 11:07:57 AM

Author Topic: If basic fun remade another g1 playset, whcih one do you want it be?  (Read 6564 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: If basic fun remade another g1 playset, whcih one do you want it be?
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2020, 09:18:15 AM »
Bonnie wouldn't know anything about PE, I don't think.  She left Hasbro right as MLP was getting off the ground so the only ones she designed & named personally were the Collector ponies. :)

But yeah, that would be fascinating!  It's interesting because wasn't this the same year they cancelled the Flutter Hideaway playset?  Because the economy was bad and they didn't feel confident being spread so thin?  The movie introduced the flutter ponies so I would think it was the same year, at least.  You'd think it would make more sense to cancel the huge PE, which was less likely to sell as many units and took up more shelf space.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
I wonder if the flutter hideaway didn't happen because the wings were so delicate and it was seen as an own goal - that the ponies would break more easily inside a playset than outside of one. PE had more space.

I have always believed the reason we didn't get Paradise here is because we basically didn't end up doing our own PE production. The very small amount of evidence I have seen over the years suggests a US box here, which means that US boxed ones were probably imported and distributed and thus Paradise never happened.

But I imagine once they committed to making it, this was the best way of making it pay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2020, 10:08:51 AM »
I wonder if the flutter hideaway didn't happen because the wings were so delicate and it was seen as an own goal - that the ponies would break more easily inside a playset than outside of one. PE had more space.

I have always believed the reason we didn't get Paradise here is because we basically didn't end up doing our own PE production. The very small amount of evidence I have seen over the years suggests a US box here, which means that US boxed ones were probably imported and distributed and thus Paradise never happened.

But I imagine once they committed to making it, this was the best way of making it pay.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I do wonder if it opened up and what it looked like on the inside?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
The movie introduced the flutter ponies so I would think it was the same year, at least.  You'd think it would make more sense to cancel the huge PE, which was less likely to sell as many units and took up more shelf space.

True... but the movie very prominently featured PE. Maybe they weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go ahead with the one they'd advertised so much in the cartoon? Flutter Valley's only in the movie for like... maybe a minute at most.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2020, 02:04:55 PM »
The movie introduced the flutter ponies so I would think it was the same year, at least.  You'd think it would make more sense to cancel the huge PE, which was less likely to sell as many units and took up more shelf space.

True... but the movie very prominently featured PE. Maybe they weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go ahead with the one they'd advertised so much in the cartoon? Flutter Valley's only in the movie for like... maybe a minute at most.
More than a minute.

LadyMoondancer, just because the Hideaway was meant to go with the Flutter Ponies doesn't mean it was planned for the year they debuted. I've read the prototype thread and Ruth Bush stated the 1987 economic downturn as the reason for the Flutter Hideaway's cancellation. So it was definitely planned for '87, presumably as an accompaniment to the second set of Flutter Ponies.

Whereas Paradise Estate, the movie, and the Flutter Ponies were first released in the US in 1986, so they came before the 1987 downturn.
should be perma-moderated

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2020, 04:12:29 PM »

More than a minute.

Yeah, but it doesn't get much show. Paradise Estate got a whole song. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal