collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is your least favourite pony friend?

Spunky
6 (11.3%)
Creamsicle
0 (0%)
ZigZag
4 (7.5%)
Kingsley
12 (22.6%)
Oakly
3 (5.7%)
Cha Cha
2 (3.8%)
Edgar
13 (24.5%)
Cutesaurus
3 (5.7%)
Leafy
1 (1.9%)
Woolly
2 (3.8%)
Nectar
3 (5.7%)
Hoppy
4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Least fave pony friend?  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Least fave pony friend?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2020, 08:50:23 AM »
Always had a kind of disconnect to all the pony friends. We never had them here and when I discovered them online I felt they were an odd idea.

Still feel that way. Not sure who my least favourite would be though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 09:57:17 AM »
Eventually I'd like to get them all but if I had to nitpick my vote goes to Edgar.
For some reason the design of manes on an elephant looks weird to me. Even in MLP world it's a bit too much, like he's wearing a wig.
Or a rug...like Trump :lol: :happy: XD :haha:

The only elephants that I have seen where the hair does not look too weird is probably on the baby elephant in Disney's The Jungle Book.  One of the adults actually gets a buzz cut due to having too unruly of a hairdo.  Lol.

Post Merge: July 27, 2020, 10:00:56 AM

I think the "problem" with Edgar's hair is the colour. I mean, the hair looks weird anyway on an elephant, but it might've looked less weird if it wasn't so...... blonde. Or maybe if he just had a little tuft of hair, like the baby pony pals.

I picked Spunky, even though I just bought her/him(?). 

"Her" according to her backcard :B the only boys in the line are Edgar and Oakly (yes, Kingsley is a girl!!).

Well, the first two lines, anyway. Dunno about the Pretty Pals cause the only backcard for those that mentions a pronoun is Hoppy... the one whose gender is obvious anyway cause of her pouch. x)

Huh, I have always considered (King!)sley to be a boy, even though monochrome pink. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:04:05 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline promqueen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 10:28:34 PM »
It's interesting in other polls how people point out how there's too much pink yet only one of the pink ones out of 5 is in the top 3.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 05:34:28 AM »
I love Cha Cha, I had a toy Llama as a child and I've never forgotten him! Cha Cha is next level because MLP x Llama so I and very keen to add him/her to my collection one day.

Edit: I completely misread the thread! My least favourite is the Zebra one because I think she could have been a lot more zebra-like but she just looks like a calf to me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:08:55 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 06:40:05 AM »
Kingsley is a boy. He's got a mane and his name is Kingsley, not Queensly.  I'm amazed that Hasbro was dumb enough not to know the know the difference between a male and female lion.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:43:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 06:57:40 AM »
And yet her backcard clearly uses female pronouns multiple times. She's a girl. They just wanted her to have brushable hair like the others and didn't care that only male lions have manes in real life. (Although idk why they gave her a boy name as well.)

Lions don't have fluffy tails like that, zebras don't have horse tails, elephants don't have flowing blonde manes, and none of these animals are freakin' technicoloured in real life, but somehow the female lion having a mane is the one that everyone gets weird about. I don't get it!

Also it's rare, but there actually are reported cases of female lions growing manes in real life.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 07:10:24 AM »
He's a boy and just because Hasbro does not know the difference doesn't mean I'm going to agree with them. They were wrong, plain and simple.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:15:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 07:17:06 AM »
Eh. I just think it's silly to judge this set, of all things, by real life standards. It's not like the rest of the pony friends are at all realistic.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 07:21:27 AM »
Eh. I just think it's silly to judge this set, of all things, by real life standards. It's not like the rest of the pony friends are at all realistic.

Neither is a bipedal talking lion with a heart and crown on his stomach, but at least its creators knew the difference between a male and female of the species. And yes, impo the whole set looks ridiculous. I never did like the Pony Friends or Pretty Pals because of their brushable hair.

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2020, 07:23:02 AM »
Honestly not a fan of any of these guys...Cuteasaurus is my vote though, she's weird even by Pony Friend standards.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:30 AM »

Neither is a bipedal talking lion with a heart and crown on his stomach, but at least its creators knew the difference between a male and female of the species. And yes, impo the whole set looks ridiculous. I never did like the Pony Friends or Pretty Pals because of their brushable hair.

lol well if we're going to bring other toylines into this, Hasbro are hardly the only toy company to make a female lion with a mane.

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »
Basically Hasbro said Trans Rights!  ;)

Well, the first two lines, anyway. Dunno about the Pretty Pals cause the only backcard for those that mentions a pronoun is Hoppy... the one whose gender is obvious anyway cause of her pouch. x)

You say that, but I seem to remember many male cartoon kangaroos being depicted with pouches also. :biggrin:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »

You say that, but I seem to remember many male cartoon kangaroos being depicted with pouches also. :biggrin:

I thought of that *right* after I posted XP I really wouldn't have been surprised if they had said Hoppy was a dude.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 09:54:08 AM »

lol well if we're going to bring other toylines into this, Hasbro are hardly the only toy company to make a female lion with a mane.

That's right!  I didn't even think of that and I have her toy in my pony room.

I guess to me Kingsley does not really have a regular lion mane, just a "mop on top" sort of thing going on since it is not down the neck and around his/her face (theirs?).

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »
I went with Edgar.
I would go with Edgar... someone on the boards said something silly along the lines that he looked like Trump. I can't unsee that now so I giggle everytime I see him in the ponyroom.
Yes I was about to cite this as my reason! I just can't shake it out of my head!

Me too! Sorry Edgar, I know you were here first, but ugh, yeah.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal