collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New game ponies!  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New game ponies!
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
I'm glad they didn't use the Retro Mane Six molds for these, myself. Yeah, those have brushable hair... but they also look more like G3s than G1s and are dwarfed by G1 ponies. These at least can stand with G1s size-wise.

The RMS Pegasus are more G1 then you think and it aint just the wings.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2020, 08:50:52 PM »
I'm glad they didn't use the Retro Mane Six molds for these, myself. Yeah, those have brushable hair... but they also look more like G3s than G1s and are dwarfed by G1 ponies. These at least can stand with G1s size-wise.

I have seen them. The eyes and the overall body shapes still seem to lean more towards G3, and then there's the size thing.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:57 PM »

I have seen them. The eyes and the overall body shapes still seem to lean more towards G3, and then there's the size thing.

In person? Because the Mishmash Pegasus are very G1 in body and leg. Its the unicorns and Earth Ponies that are more G3.

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2020, 10:03:54 PM »
Not in person, no. But I have seen comparisons. And they've all got G3-ish heads.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »
Not in person, no. But I have seen comparisons. And they've all got G3-ish heads.

Nice of you to completely ignore my comment about their legs and bodies, not once but twice.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:31:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »

Nice of you to completely ignore my comment about their legs and bodies, not once but twice.
I wasn't ignoring it! I was pointing out that even if Twilight and the pegasi have more G1 legs and such, they've still got G3ish heads like everyone else in the set...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2020, 11:30:34 AM »
Did anyone notice that the Lite Brite pony has a different symbol on her prototype versus on the back of the box?  Which do you like better?

I can't really decide . . . I think I like them both equally.  I guess they decided the sailboat evoked "Lite Brite" more clearly.  I wonder if the pony-shaped symbol was copied from the old G1 MLP Lite Brites (a set which I did have!) or did they make it up?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2020, 11:55:19 AM »
Did anyone notice that the Lite Brite pony has a different symbol on her prototype versus on the back of the box?  Which do you like better?

I can't really decide . . . I think I like them both equally.  I guess they decided the sailboat evoked "Lite Brite" more clearly.  I wonder if the pony-shaped symbol was copied from the old G1 MLP Lite Brites (a set which I did have!) or did they make it up?

Seeing as the Twister pony has different symbols on different sides, is it possible that the Light Bright pony is the same?  So maybe what is on the box is on her hidden side?   I do like the Light Bright pony the best out of these.  The Dungeons and Dragons set is cool but I’m not a big enough fan for the price point. 

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2020, 10:21:54 PM »
I do agree with Sunset, I think she has two symbols!! Which is really cool.

Also agreeing with Sunset... the DnD ponies price point is... almost insulting, really? lol. I guess that is my stretching her point over my own words, but I really feel it is. I already said enough about it on their official thread, lol.

I had said before I liked how they at least did Lite Brite's hair for moulding, but thinking back on it, glow in the dark brushable hair would have been way cooler.

I like the steps forward Hasbro is taking with these but they still feel very cheap, especially because they are being toted around as collector's items.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2020, 07:40:01 AM »

I wasn't ignoring it! I was pointing out that even if Twilight and the pegasi have more G1 legs and such, they've still got G3ish heads like everyone else in the set...

I'm talking about the G1 aspects, I had already acknowledged the G3 aspects. There's a reason I call them Mishmash Ponies. But you were flat out ignoring it.

The retro mane six have their eyes in a better place despite the lack of eye sculpting.  Some of them have eyes that slant diagonally and have an almost hieroglyphic look. Looks weird. Why they slipped it down so far on the crossover crew is something I don't understand.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 08:17:52 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal