collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Fave princess pony?

Sparkle
2 (3.1%)
Royal Blue
2 (3.1%)
Primrose
2 (3.1%)
Tiffany
30 (46.2%)
Serena
10 (15.4%)
Starburst
2 (3.1%)
Dawn
0 (0%)
Moondust
2 (3.1%)
Misty
1 (1.5%)
Taffeta
7 (10.8%)
Sunbeam
2 (3.1%)
Pristina
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Favourite princess pony?  (Read 4330 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Favourite princess pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »
I like princess tiffany but, I voted for Taffeta or I would of chose Pristina. I just love those bright blues and green colors.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »
Princess Pearl.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She always has been and always will be, even if I do use the name Taffeta. Taffeta is my favourite 2nd set but nobody beats Pearl.

I still can't stand the way she and the others are presented in the Quest of the Princess Ponies though.
And I'm not keen on the name Tiffany. I went to school with a really annoying Tiffany.

Sailor Moon's name is really Usagi :P >.>
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
So, you don't like the lack of maturity that they started off with in that serial?
should be perma-moderated

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »
So, you don't like the lack of maturity that they started off with in that serial?
Their lack of maturity was actually one of the things I always liked about them the most.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 03:50:49 PM »

I grew up with the comics. There's literally only one pony personality for me that the tv show does better than the comics and that's Wind Whistler.

But I'm also gonna say that it's entirely my opinion. However, I'm allowed to have that opinion without someone jumping in on me every time I say it like it's somehow a problem.

I'm not telling anyone else to agree with me.  I'm just saying that I dislike it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 03:51:37 PM »
I picked Royal Blue, but like both her and Serena.  They have nice coloring.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 04:00:45 PM »

I grew up with the comics. There's literally only one pony personality for me that the tv show does better than the comics and that's Wind Whistler.

But I'm also gonna say that it's entirely my opinion. However, I'm allowed to have that opinion without someone jumping in on me every time I say it like it's somehow a problem.

I'm not telling anyone else to agree with me.  I'm just saying that I dislike it.
Was just guessing as to why you didn't like it.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 04:05:58 PM »

Was just guessing as to why you didn't like it.

But having had to write the same answer to that same question literally every time the princess pony subject comes up, this time I'm just going to say I like the comics better.

It would be interesting to know if other people who had the comics as a kid feel the same or differently about it, but otherwise, the subject is kind of redundant now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 04:11:08 PM »
I chose Princess Pristina as she was my childhood Princess pony. I still remember picking her out at Toys R Us. I was drawn to her color scheme and thought she was really pretty.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »
Well I both read the comics AND saw Quest Of The Princess Ponies as a youngster, so had both perspectives growing up.

I get why the show had them acting like they did, teaching girls to be more inclusive of each other & think of others besides yourself, but honestly I agree: the comic versions rock socks.
It's quite possible after their cartoon experience they discovered their comic powers as a reward...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2020, 04:14:45 PM »
Well I both read the comics AND saw Quest Of The Princess Ponies as a youngster, so had both perspectives growing up.

I get why the show had them acting like they did, teaching girls to be more inclusive of each other & think of others besides yourself, but honestly I agree: the comic versions rock socks.
It's quite possible after their cartoon experience they discovered their comic powers as a reward...

To be honest, though, I genuinely don't want any part of Tiffany anywhere near Pearl's sensitive artist persona. I fell completely for her as a five year old because of that, and I genuinely don't want to think of her ever being a spoiled brat.

(I never saw Quest of the PP till I was maybe 13 or 14.)

Although there are also no bushwoolies in the comics, which helps to rule that out. Fiery also helps in making Pearl's persona. (And the same is true of the others, but Pearl is Pearl and this thread is about favourites xD)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »

To be honest, though, I genuinely don't want any part of Tiffany anywhere near Pearl's sensitive artist persona. I fell completely for her as a five year old because of that, and I genuinely don't want to think of her ever being a spoiled brat.

Although there are also no bushwoolies in the comics, which helps to rule that out. Fiery also helps in making Pearl's persona. (And the same is true of the others, but Pearl is Pearl and this thread is about favourites xD)
Now that I get completely xxx

In my case most of the vids I saw were rented around the same time as I was collecting Ponies, including Quest, which doubled with a First Tooth adventure on its video
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »

Now that I get completely xxx

In my case most of the vids I saw were rented around the same time as I was collecting Ponies, including Quest, which doubled with a First Tooth adventure on its video

This is going a mite OT now, but
Spoiler
I only had 2 VHS as a kid (Ice Cream Wars/Revolt of PE and Sweet Stuff & Treasure Hunt/Wouldbe Dragon Slayer). The rest I saw when they were on cable in 1995 and my sister's friend taped them and loaned us the vhs. But I always looked at the TV show like, 'they got the names wrong and they made up ponies a lot'...because UK kid watching US show with US names. And I had the comics earlier and was more used to them so basically dismissed the cartoon as 'okay but not very accurate'. Although for some reason I believed in Paradise and not in Truly or Cupcake? xD.

Going back on topic, I have Princess Pearl's box in my collection somewhere too. I'll try and dig a picture out later, it's also 1987 and also beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:30:40 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »
Sorry about that, but deffo bring on the box!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal