collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Game: horrible pony choices WWYD?  (Read 894 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Game: horrible pony choices WWYD?
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:50:22 PM »
Since life kinda sucks right now, let's play hypothetical horrible pony choices!

You have to reply to the person above you with which horrible choice you'd make and why.
Then it's your turn to think up a horrible pony choice to ask the next person!

You HAVE to pick one of the options the person above you lays out: no special snowflakes here, evil minions!

:silly: :yikes:

Let's start with an easy one.

You're at a secondhand sale and you spy a pony in the toy bin close to you and you can tell by the colors that it is your GRAIL. The pony regularly sells for $150+ to collectors. You can't believe your luck!

Before you can scoot yourself over to grab her, a young child pulls the pony out of the bin and won't let go. You hold out hope that their parents will tell them to put it back, but they head toward the register. What do you do?

1. Covertly follow them around the store in hopes that the kid abandons the pony before checkout (you creep!)
2. Talk to the kid and try to get them interested in a DIFFERENT toy so they abandon the pony
3. Muster the courage to speak with the parents and try to convince them to let you buy the pony instead.
4. Resign yourself to the fact that you won't be going home with your grail today, but that it will bring a little kid a lot of joy!
5. Stage an elaborate distraction to get your hands the pony, like pulling the fire alarm.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Game: horrible pony choices WWYD?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:55:37 PM »
4 but also 1 as the backup plan :D
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:33:59 PM »
1 probably. I’m not that confrontational, and wouldn’t want to make anybody upset over a toy. But if I am feeling particularly brave (social anxiety bidding) I might talk to the parents and the child. That is a one in a blue moon thing though, so number one for me.

Scenario: you have come across a grail pony (and I am talking the most wonderful holy grail you have laid eyes upon) that both you and a fellow collector want. It’s their grail too, and they just so happen to be a friend of yours. Not acquaintance, but a friend. You’ve both laid eyes on it at the same time, and both MUST have it for your own collections. Sadly, there is only one pony and two of you. Do you:

1) Take the pony for yourself at whatever cost, regardless of how much your friend wants it too. Possibly burn a bridge with them.
2) Let your friend take it. You’ll maybe find another one some day.
3) you attempt to convince them that you both should leave it, and let some other lucky collector get it. It’s not fair if only one of you gets it.
4) Same as number 3, but after they walk away you buy it anyways.
5) BRING OUT THE HACKSAW! Each of you gets one half of a grail! Just need to figure out which way to cut it. Front and back halves? Down the middle?

This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
You forgot "Pace around the table agonizing in indecision until the dealer's room closes or someone else snaps up the pony" :P
should be perma-moderated

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 12:48:28 AM »
1 probably. I’m not that confrontational, and wouldn’t want to make anybody upset over a toy. But if I am feeling particularly brave (social anxiety bidding) I might talk to the parents and the child. That is a one in a blue moon thing though, so number one for me.

Scenario: you have come across a grail pony (and I am talking the most wonderful holy grail you have laid eyes upon) that both you and a fellow collector want. It’s their grail too, and they just so happen to be a friend of yours. Not acquaintance, but a friend. You’ve both laid eyes on it at the same time, and both MUST have it for your own collections. Sadly, there is only one pony and two of you. Do you:

1) Take the pony for yourself at whatever cost, regardless of how much your friend wants it too. Possibly burn a bridge with them.
2) Let your friend take it. You’ll maybe find another one some day.
3) you attempt to convince them that you both should leave it, and let some other lucky collector get it. It’s not fair if only one of you gets it.
4) Same as number 3, but after they walk away you buy it anyways.
5) BRING OUT THE HACKSAW! Each of you gets one half of a grail! Just need to figure out which way to cut it. Front and back halves? Down the middle?

Oh, EVIL!! Truly evil!!! :P I'll go with 2, because I'm trying to be honest and imagine one specific pony-collecting friend with me, and her friendship is definitely more important than any Rapunzel! (Plus, there's thousands more ponies in the world!) Now, if the options had been 'accept buying the pony while knowing that she's only offering it to you in the hopes that you'll offer it back to her and then you don't and she's too embarrassed to admit that she wanted you to refuse'... that's a whole other evil answer!  :devious:

Lemme see, a horrible pony choice...  :nerdy:

Scenario: You are at a pony convention, we'll say larger than a local house meetup and smaller than, say, Comicon. Maybe a couple hundred people; you get used to seeing the same faces around by the end of the weekend, but you don't know everyone by name. You go into the group bathroom, and as you wash your hands, you see it: your ultimate grail. She's been left on the bathroom counter, abandoned by whoever brought her there! Is she a free gift? Was it a mistake? A surprise? You don't know! But there's a $100+ pony sitting there, and no one else is in the bathroom to see you pick it up, and you have no clue who left her there. Do you:

1) Snatch that pony and stuff her into your bag so fast her tail spins! You're keeping her for life, no matter what! 
2) Take her, but bring her to Lost & Found.
3) Take her, and keep her hidden in your bag, hoping no one will report a missing pony; but if they did, you'd turn her in! 
4) Take her and leave suddenly, so you won't have to lie if anyone asks if they found a missing potty pony!
5) Leave her on the bathroom sink.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 12:52:45 AM »
2. Easily.  I know how much it suuuuucks to have something precious stolen from you because you briefly forgot to grab it. I've had it happen to me and I swear if I get my hands on whoever did it...
I'm not putting someone through that, I'm just not. I'm not going to be a *CENSORED*. I'm taking that pony to the Lost and Found, no ifs ands or buts.

...Don't have a horrible choice of my own yet...
should be perma-moderated

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 06:03:47 AM »
I'd also do #2 on that last scenario too, but leave my phone number in the event of no one showing up to claim it by the end of the festival, so they can give me back the chance to have it (in hopes that whoever is in charge of lost and found is honest, and not after that same grail themself!)

It's too early for me to think up a horrible situation myself yet, but I'll ponder it a bit and check back in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal