collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: There are certain assumptions about pony ears.  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: There are certain assumptions about pony ears.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »
I can move my ears a bit, up and down.  Horses and ponies ears are "stiff" with cartilage (no "training" required), but they have great range of motion with them, being able to lay them flat back to express irritation, and all around to listen in different directions.  They are pretty tolerant of having to bend their ears a bit to get bridles on too. 

I think the Pony Life ponies look ridiculous and very un-pony-like.  I always have trouble drawing horse/pony ears.  I just can never get the shape right.  My horse has neat ears in that they are bay colored like her body but have black ringing them.  Cute and fuzzy too.

I love bays. :inlove:

She's a bay tobiano Paint to be exact. :lovey:  She has a black tail and forelock, and white mane.

Would you mind sharing a picture of your gorgeous girl please?  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh she's so beautiful! I love her markings and she seems to have a very sweet face. Thank you for sharing.  :happy:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 10:35:38 AM »
I can move my ears a bit, up and down.  Horses and ponies ears are "stiff" with cartilage (no "training" required), but they have great range of motion with them, being able to lay them flat back to express irritation, and all around to listen in different directions.  They are pretty tolerant of having to bend their ears a bit to get bridles on too. 

I think the Pony Life ponies look ridiculous and very un-pony-like.  I always have trouble drawing horse/pony ears.  I just can never get the shape right.  My horse has neat ears in that they are bay colored like her body but have black ringing them.  Cute and fuzzy too.

She's a bay tobiano Paint to be exact. :lovey:  She has a black tail and forelock, and white mane.

Oh she's so beautiful! I love her markings and she seems to have a very sweet face. Thank you for sharing.  :happy:

Always a pleasure to share her.  She turned 31 this year.  I do not really ride her much anymore but she's still spritely  :devious: .  Sometimes, too much so, like when I was giving her a bath yesterday.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:46:16 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »

Always a pleasure to share her.  She turned 31 this year.  I do not really rider her much anymore but she's still spritely  :devious: .  Sometimes, too much so, like when I was giving her a bath yesterday.

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal