collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Zodiac and the ponies - let's give ponies birthdays!  (Read 813 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Zodiac and the ponies - let's give ponies birthdays!
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »
Because my birthday is next week (!!!) and we're talking about the new star sign over in OT, let's give the ponies birthdays and see what we think their zodiac might be based on their personality traits.

I'd say that Buttons is DEFINITELY a Libra and Posey would be a Cancer. Gusty - Leo  or Scorpio?

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac and the ponies - let's give ponies birthdays!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 02:33:50 AM »
We all know I'm a bit bonkers about my ponies, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that I've assigned birthdays to my favourites :)
I'll have a look and see if their star signs match the personalities I've given them  :nerdy:
I'm using the old dates because much as I like that I am now an Orphiuchus, they make more sense and were probably in my mind when I was picking out birthdays for my herd.

Wind Whistler - 8th April - Aries: natural leader, ambitious, courageous, competitive, can seem bossy and uncaring.
Baby Tippytoes - 16th October - Libra: charming, graceful and elegant (very appropriate for a little pony ballerina!), strong sense of justice, can be indecisive.
:muffin: Pony - 24th May - Gemini: sociable, curious, talkative, scatterbrained, easily distracted, finds it impossible to sit still.
Sweet Talkin' Ponies - 3rd October - Libra: sociable (they certainly like to talk!), loving (ich hab' dich lieb!), strong sense of fairness, indecisiveness. (They always seem quite decisive to me, at least when it comes to telling me to comb their hair :lol:)
Daring Do - 11th April - Aries: courageous, bold, competitive, "carving paths through new territory to find undiscovered treasures" - quite literally, in her case.
Novia (Bride Pony) - 18th March - Pisces: dreamy, sensitive, compassionate, imaginative, creative, tendency to wander round with head in the clouds. Yep, Novia's a hopeless romantic who spends her time contemplating love and dreaming of her ideal Mountain Boy.
Tornado - 3rd January - Capricorn: determined, hardworking, protective, impatient.
Ribbon - 22nd June - Cancer: loving, nurturing, protective, emotional and intuitive. You can't get much more intuitive than being a telepath.
Baby Ribbon - 12th December - Sagittarius: adventurous, carefree, positive, outgoing, can be reckless. Baby Ribbon basically spends her life getting into scrapes because she thought it would be a fun adventure.

So that was fun :)
Looking forward to hearing other astrological theories.

And Dragonfly, happy birthday in advance  :birthday:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:37:47 AM by Shaz »

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »
I think the birthflower ponies should be their respective star sign. Aquarius for Feburari and so forth.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 01:13:16 PM »
Not really zodiac related, but I always headcanoned that Celestia and Luna were born on June and December 21st respectively, those typically being the longest day and night of the year.

As for other FIM characters...
Twilight Sparkle-Virgo-Organized, intelligent, obsessive. She was definitely born on the Fall Equinox.
Pinkie Pie-Gemini-social, fun loving
Rainbow Dash-Aries-courageous, active, and tactless
Fluttershy-Cancer-emotional and caring
Rarity-Leo-creative, generous, and dramatic
Applejack-Taurus-reliable, stubborn, and grounded
Apple Bloom-Aquarius-independent, helpful
Sweetie Belle-Pisces-compassionate, musical
Scootaloo-Sagittarius-adventurous, enthusiastic, impatient

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »
My ponies just have the birthdays (where I remember them) from when I got them (mostly childhood and a few specific trades). That would make Mimic a Scorpio cusp and Windy a Pisces. Rainbow Magic was the 14th Dec - is that Sagittarius? I forget my starsigns now. Sweet Notes was at Easter, so maybe a Taurus?

...Not really very meaningful though.

Pony personalities are also pretty subjective depending on whether you follow the tv show, the backcard, the comic or your own imagination.

Happy soon to be birthday, dragonfly :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 11:53:56 PM »
Flutterbye's birthday is March 28th, which would make her an Aries I think. :) 

Twinkles the cat's birthday is April 30th.  I can't remember any other specific ones from the comics.

Oh, but in the Italian comic books the ponies had their own zodiac!  Each one is for just one month, no overlapping months.

Cat (January)
Owl (February)
Ladybug (March)
Bird of Paradise (April)
Butterfly (May)
Forget-Me-Not Flower (June)
Dragonfly (July)
Crocodile (August)
Starfish (September)
Ostrich (October)
Field Mouse (November)
Candy (December)

I translated one of the signs:

Butterfly

Butterfly. Those born of this sign are actually little coquettes*, but in the best sense of the word! They are very genial and romantic, they love moonlight dinners, candlelight and hushed violins, they blush if you give them a compliment and they have a terrible fear of the dry realities of life, like geography questions!

At school they are almost never attentive and if a fly, a fairy, or a butterfly should fly by, they follow with their head in the clouds, full of dreams and brilliant ideas! In fact they are very intelligent and perhaps will win the Nobel Prize someday. When they grow up they will be scientists, climbers, astrologers, very wise philosophers, paratroopers, and accountants who will do great things.

Their favorite heroes are Superman, Corto Maltese**, and Gyro Gearloose. Their magic stone is obsidian.

* really hard to translate this bit, Italian phrase was "sono effettivamente un po' farfalloni" which directly translates to "are a little butterflies themselves" but I think the meaning is fluttering from activity to activity, prettily.

**Corto Maltese is an adventurer / sailor in a DC comic book.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:58:18 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 04:19:42 AM »

Twinkles the cat's birthday is April 30th.  I can't remember any other specific ones from the comics.

Nice catch.
Wouldn't be surprised if Fizzy's was in November then...

I'm pretty sure there's a story about a pony and a non pony character sharing a birthday and them having a joint party but I don't remember when it was. Sunbeam organising the party...

OH I think it's Baby Lucky and Spike and their specially chosen birthday and baby Half note chooses to have that birthday too? Something like that...don't remember a date though?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 04:27:35 PM »

Nice catch.
Wouldn't be surprised if Fizzy's was in November then...

I'm pretty sure there's a story about a pony and a non pony character sharing a birthday and them having a joint party but I don't remember when it was. Sunbeam organising the party...

OH I think it's Baby Lucky and Spike and their specially chosen birthday and baby Half note chooses to have that birthday too? Something like that...don't remember a date though?
I do!!! June 13th!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »
Thanks for bringing that to our attention LadyMoondancer! I love the idea of the ponies having their own Zodiac
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal