collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Meyers-Briggs personalities matched to their ponies!  (Read 613 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Meyers-Briggs personalities matched to their ponies!
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:10:41 PM »
Okay, more personality fun :)

There are 16 Meyers-Briggs personality types: https://www.verywellmind.com/the-myers-briggs-type-indicator-2795583

For fun, you can take the test for yourself here if you'd like: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Which ponies would you say fit into which personalities? I'm curious to hear what you think!

ISTJ - The Inspector
ISTP - The Crafter
ISFJ - The Protector
ISFP - The Artist
INFJ - The Advocate
INFP - The Mediator
INTJ - The Architect
INTP - The Thinker
ESTP - The Persuader
ESTJ - The Director
ESFP - The Performer
ESFJ - The Caregiver
ENFP - The Champion
ENFJ - The Giver
ENTP - The Debater
ENTJ - The Commander

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Meyers-Briggs personalities matched to their ponies!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:06:11 AM »
I'm ENFJ-A (Assertive Protagonist). Good to know I haven't changed in years. I used to do this test back in 2016 ;)

I have no clue what pony could be an ENFJ-A. I don't pay that much attention to their characteristics to be sure.
Here are some key traits of the AP: good to high self-confidence and body image, better stress managment and self-reliance than Turbulent Protagonists.
Protagonists in general: team player, realiable, charming and adaptive, altruistic leader. Weaknesses: fluctuating self-esteem, too sensitive and selfless (tends to second-guess oneself), tough decisions can end in paralysis due to trying to figure out the possible outcome for each scenario.

So maybe Twilight Sparkle shortly before the show ended? She could have been Type T before that with her easily getting stressed out and worrying, then morph into Type A once she was about to become Celestia's recolor :lol:
I don't like Twilight that much so maybe I'm a self-hating Type T after all :lol:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Meyers-Briggs personalities matched to their ponies!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:21:45 AM »
I took the test, and apparently am a Turbulent Virtuoso (ISTP-T), which is not listed in the 16 above, strangely. It was pretty accurate though. Most people fitting this profile are male, and I am female, which is interesting to me. Key traits are: needing lots of space to make their own schedules, methods of doing things, and don't like to be boxed into commitments to specific plans or people. Regretful of past mistakes, and fearful of making them in the future. Introverts at heart, but are often well liked and friendly, with many friends and acquaintances, but few get to know them on a truly deeper level. Emotions are strong and deep, but well hidden, and showing empathy for the unfamiliar situations of others is not their strong suit. Virtuosos make loyal employees, if they are given the freedom and space to work on their own. They work best with their hands, and with practical, often physical solutions to problems. They often have many interests, and like to start new hobbies, sometimes losing interest in projects they started.

I don't really know what ponies would be which personality types, because it wouldn't let me view the other types without making an account. Maybe that's in the other link you posted, I'll check it out. Also, the only ponies that likely have developed enough personality traits to be analyzed this deeply are probably the main characters in FiM...not to say the older characters didn't have personality, but it was more like their creators assigned a singular personality trait to some ponies, but didn't go in-depth too much further than that, which was a common theme in 80's animation, I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal