collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Star Sign revealed  (Read 2185 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
New Star Sign revealed
« on: July 14, 2020, 01:18:44 AM »
In all the newspapers today there’s a new Star Sign called Ophiuchus.

With this new star sign found by NASA it means that the star signs we thought we were under are wrong.

I was a Aries but now I’m Pisces.

Here’s the article from The Sun

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjR-9vCpszqAhUYSBUIHc0nAj8QFjAAegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesun.co.uk%2Ffabulous%2Fhoroscopes%2F12113504%2Fnasa-new-star-sign-zodiac-wrong%2F&usg=AOvVaw2Zk5lHTogdKwsa65AS9RGJ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: New Star Sign revealed
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:00:34 PM »
Yep, this started circulating a couple of years back! I'm still a Cancer though :) Astrology is so fun.

How do you feel about your new sign? Does it fit or do you think you're more Aries? Do you think the zodiac is designed that characteristics of any sign could be applied to any person?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 03:56:02 PM »
Ah, knew this sounded familiar!
This would make me a Taurus, don't think that fits me.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 09:32:11 PM »
I never really got into all the astrology stuff, I much more prefer astronomy. But I do like to occasionally suspend my beliefs and dabble for fun without taking it seriously at all. If you ask me, a few balls of hot gas light years away cannot influence my actions. But that could just be the Virgo in me talking!  :lol:
      A secret constellation is cool, but it’s not that secret. It was one of the 48 constellations catalogued by the second century astronomer known as Ptolemy. So NASA didn’t really discover it, sorry.
     I don’t believe in it a lot, but IMO nothing has changed. I am going to still consider myself a Virgo based on my birthdate.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
Yep, this started circulating a couple of years back! I'm still a Cancer though :) Astrology is so fun.

How do you feel about your new sign? Does it fit or do you think you're more Aries? Do you think the zodiac is designed that characteristics of any sign could be applied to any person?

Well they’re right about one thing I’m creative because I re hair ponies, write fanfics. The other points not since I’m more into horror novels, like The Shining, Doctor Sleep and a few others.

Do you think this will affect the Chinese Zodiac?

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 01:35:21 AM »
I feel weirdly pleased to discover that I am now an Ophiuchus :). Looked it up and apparently it makes me intellectual, curious, interested in languages and the arts, and passionate about my interests. Not so sure about the bit where it says I'm flirty and don't like routine.
My girlfriend has now become a Pisces. The creativity fits, but she's still my determined, impulsive, bossy little Aries :lol:
One of our friends is now a Virgo, which is hilarious because he's a confirmed flirt and the least Virgo-like person I've ever met :lol:
Astrology is fun, but I don't take it seriously :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:44:27 AM by Shaz »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 09:04:49 AM »
I used to be right on the cusp of Taurus/Gemini, but now I’m firmly a Taurus, which is more me if I’m honest. I do love the symbolism of the Gemini though, so that’s a bit of a shame.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
So instead of a Capricorn, I'd be a Sagittarius now. Not sure if it fits actually, but then again, not every Capricorn trait applies to me either.

It's interesting, but it's not something I really care about. :what:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »
Used to be Virgo, now Leo. My personality drastically changed thanks to NASA  :lol:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 06:25:53 PM »
Nope not suddenly a Gemini, going to stay with the Cancer I have always been. Pretty sure it still fits no matter what NASA says, cancer is a water sign, and it's ruling planet is the moon. I love the Little Mermaid and Sailor Moon, what are the odds. :)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 11:40:13 PM »
I am definitely not a capricorn, lol.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 02:15:10 AM »
Still a Taurus! That's completely fine with me ;)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 02:35:32 AM »
I've seen this article circulate a lot, but I think in reality it doesn't change your sign that you were born under. And Ophiuchus isn't a new constellation at all. Its the name for the larger constellation that Serpens is apart of. The constellations themselves are not the same as the signs. The constellations are all different sizes- virgo being the largest- but the signs are all the same amount of time, or 30° of the sky, about 30 days.

this chart is a great visual, you can see Ophiuchus poking its head in between Scorpio and sagg. The sun crosses Ophiuchus for a short amount of time, but it doesn't pass through the whole constellation, and anyways it would disrupt the neat division of the other zodiacs. Additionally, the sun's path through the zodiacs HAS changed, but not because of some "new" constellation. But because of the earth moving away from the sun, the equinoxes change. We're in the age of pices right now, but 2000 years ago it was the age of Ares, and the zodiacs were actually one month behind. In like, 2060 or something it'll be the age of aquarius. And our zodiacs will be two months behind the age of Ares. So, if we were like, Babylonians, I would be a libra. But I'm not a Babylonian. So I'm a Scorpio. Whatever date you were born dictates what you are, it won't ever "change".
So don't fret. Youre still an Aries through and through :+)

TLDR; I didn't mean to type so much 😂 basically it hasn't changed, don't panic. If you want to think about what it could've been, just go back one month..congrats you're a Babylonian !
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:48:29 AM by orangepeachmango »

wishlist

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 04:57:51 AM »
I am now a full blown Cancer, thanks astrology lol (I used to be a Leo)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
Glad to see that it's not just me who remembers that we already did this, or at least we talked about it.  In my personal view, we should stay as the signs we were born under, and this should be for new people born after the change, but of course, who am I to make the rules?  In my ultimate view, those who want to move to the next sign can, and those who want to stay, can.

I definitely fit my "Old" sign of Gemini more; I'm talkative (I actually deleted a much longer version of this - I barely shut up!), creative (I love writing), tend to be eager to move to the next project (not quite, but I tend to zigzag between projects, like I really should finish the episode I'm working on, but I'm trying to write two or three others at the same time - maybe not even from the same show), and I'm even supposed to have a short attention span (I do tend to get distracted by a website, say YouTube, when I'm supposed to be writing.)

My "new" sign Taurus barely seems to fit me from what I've seen - there's stuff about liking relaxing environments with soothing sounds, which I do like, but I have to be in the right mood for them. 

I could have sworn that Gemini were supposed to have darksides though... not the stuff about how we can be two-faced or anything, but I thought we had an "evil" side to us?  I've semi-jokingly liked to think of this as a justification towards my writing, which I'll share with you if you want me to - I've already said a lot (typical Gemini...) and it's not really relevant.

But yeah... I'm sticking with Gemini.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal