collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: IT HAPPENED! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!  (Read 2191 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
IT HAPPENED! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:20:54 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I found MULTIPLE My Little Pony in a store! They are the very 1st I have been able to find in store. Generation 1, of course.After seeing someone on here say they promised themselves the 1st they found in person they would buy regardless of condition I decided to do the same. Not only did I find one but I got very lucky to find multiple and to find them all in pretty good condition. One of them is even a baby pony I have seen selling for between $50 and $80 I got it for just $7.

I found...
Baby Starbow $7
So Soft Sundance $4
Twinkle Eyed Whizzer $8
Posey $6

I also found so soft ribbons but for $15 I felt I could find her cheaper online. I figure if I can't by the end of the week I will go and see if she is still there. And there was a flutter pony, of course without the wings, but they wanted $12, and those tend to sell extremely cheap online.

What's a little sad when a cashier told me she also collects them because that means as they come in she basically has 1st dibs so looks like I have to check as often as possible!!

I wasn't supposed to spend any money because I'm supposed to be saving at right now due to some things that have come up recently but I went to take a look, partially because I was not expecting to find anything, and I ended up finding a total of 6 and purchasing 4. I knew I couldn't pass them up though so no regrets!

What's funny though is recently my husband and I have searched about 7 or 8 stores for them and this one place that I went to I kept wanting to go to because I just had a feeling that if I was going to find them that's where they would be. It's an antique store and we hit a few of them but had no luck and yet for some reason I just had a feeling I had to go to this one. We just never had the time and it is pretty far from everything else so it wasn't like we were in the area to go but something told me I had to go today and I'm glad I did!!

I already own Whizzer, SS Sundance AND Posey so I'll be selling the ones I already had. Especially since these I just got today are actually in better condition.

Ugh soooo sorry for the overly long post. I got a little excited  :lol:

How many ponies have you found in person?
Where do you tend to find them when you do?

Post Merge: July 13, 2020, 04:21:30 PM

How do you upload pictures here? Can you not do so?
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: IT HAPPENED! IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:35:26 PM »
Wowie! Congratulations! Those are some nice finds!

There should be an "Attachments and other options" link right below the text box.

And.. Hmm. What are you selling your old Whizzer for?
should be perma-moderated

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
That's awesome! I would love to find a Baby Starbow, or any of the rainbow babies for that matter. I've not been able to check out the antique/thrift stores for ponies since I've been collecting, since my lifestyle does not lend well to it (3 little kids...yikes! I'm lucky if I can make it to Walmart a few times a year.), so it's all Ebay for me. Not as much fun, but I spend a lot of late nights going down the Ebay search rabbit hole. Congrats on your finds!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »
congrats, how fun!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »
Congrats on your excellent finds!  I'd be thrilled to find baby Starbow or Whizzer in the wild  :cool:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 07:03:09 PM »
That's awesome! I would love to find a Baby Starbow, or any of the rainbow babies for that matter. I've not been able to check out the antique/thrift stores for ponies since I've been collecting, since my lifestyle does not lend well to it (3 little kids...yikes! I'm lucky if I can make it to Walmart a few times a year.), so it's all Ebay for me. Not as much fun, but I spend a lot of late nights going down the Ebay search rabbit hole. Congrats on your finds!

I do too! Ebay is dangerous though hahaha I got carried away the past 2 days. What really sucks about that is there is one I still really really really want to buy but i won't be able to afford it for about 4 or 5 days and i don't know if it will still be there by then so i am kicking myself for getting carried away the past 2 days  :cry:

Post Merge: August 10, 2020, 07:04:49 PM

Congrats on your excellent finds!  I'd be thrilled to find baby Starbow or Whizzer in the wild  :cool:

I couldn't believe I found one and for only $7. Typically when they get them in they go online. To as happens the flutter pony for example was very high priced in my opinion so I was shocked that a pony I keep seeing for $28 or more before shipping was being sold for only $7! And of course not having to worry about the shipping haha
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:04:49 PM by iam_misshennessy »
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 01:20:07 PM »
To be honest, finding any G1 pony in a second hand store is a true achievement these days. Well done you! They sound like great finds. Does Posey have her pink hair??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 08:06:34 PM »
Those are great finds! Big congrats!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 09:01:56 AM »

Hahaha! you go crazy when you find g1 in a flea market or thrift store! Now between the summer and the covid I have not gone to any market, usually I do not find anything, but I really want to go to the second hand market

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
I love Whizzer. She’s such a cute pony. And Baby Starbow, as well as the rest of her set, are so pretty!  Congrats on the great finds! ^.^

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 01:57:07 AM »
What fantastic luck you had!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 02:19:58 AM »
Congrats! How lucky!  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal