collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony And All Its Glory  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony And All Its Glory
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »
Can I join? I’ve been really bad at keeping up with my Healthy Pony goals though.  :sad:  Ive started working on my French again and feel I am actually learning words this time.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
Yesterday was a 2 for me.

I got most of my clothes packed up, just need to get to what's left in the closet. I definitely don't need anymore shorts or tee shirts. I even have a nice bunch in smaller sizes to look forward to wearing when I lose some weight!

Packed up the bathroom! I have a lot of bathroom stuff. The current one has a counter, medicine cabinet, two drawers and three cupboards. The bath in my apartment has... a medicine cabinet and one shallow cupboard on the wall. It does have room for storage drawers but it'll depend on where I put the litter box. I do have lots of closet space though.

Most of my books are packed! Then I ran out of shallow boxes. I might have to split the rest up a few in a box with other stuff. I'll figure it out.

I ate pretty good! I had a cup of veggie soup after my tea in the morning. Lunch was a tuna wrap and a single serving of seasalted chips. Dinner was an eggplant patty and red mashed potatoes. I had one Dr. Pepper to give me a kick of caffeine at lunch. Still had carbs - but it wasn't snacking at night carbs!

I worked through my back pain but man it was jacked up so much at the end of the day I couldn't stand up straight. It's still sore.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »

I need to gain weight and get healthier. I lost a ton of weight during the last month of my twin pregnancy due to a respiratory illness and hospitalization (I'm probably the only person in the world capable of losing weight during a twin pregnancy, haha), and it seems like I've been slowly wasting away ever since. Breastfeeding burns calories like nobody's business, and I'm doing it for 2! I mean, you are literally burning 500 calories a day for just sitting on your butt (and that's for only one baby!). I'm so tired of seeing my ribs and collarbone through my chest; it's revolting and makes me feel old. I've started exercising recently, because I had no muscle tone whatsoever from all the sitting, and was stiff and sore all the time from inactivity, and I'm starting to feel better because of it, but that just burns more calories  :(

Look up calorie dense foods. Sometimes trying to eat more calories per bite is easier then eating more food.

Also, snack on nuts! Bonus if you roast them in a healthy fat first. (but with kids,  maybe there is no time for that).

And theres lots of healthy "energy ball" recipes out there. (Think nut butter, oats, chocolate chips... or dates, coconut, walnuts, etcetc). That you can make them in batches and then freeze and then take one out whenever you need it. Also it could be a good snack for your older kiddo. Maybe in a school lunch, or after school snack?

My little one was ftt, so i feel like I've gained a lot of random bits on gaining weight. (In contrast to me who had to lose weight after her. lol).

Energy balls are a good idea, and yes, I think my son would actually eat those as well, which is a big bonus (he is the pickiest kid in the world and has a repertoire of about 5 foods he will eat!). Avocados are calorie dense, I believe, too, so maybe I'll try to eat of those.

My girls were ftt too...they spent over 3 months in the NICU for feeding issues; one of them came home on a g-tube and wouldn't take any food orally for 9 months, and I had to fight to keep her twin's weight up to keep her from the same fate. I have a list of protein-packed and calorie-dense foods taped to the inside of my kitchen cabinet...guess I should be following it for myself! I hope your little one is doing better now  :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 05:44:02 AM »
Prayers and good vibes to all of you. I may not have the slightest idea of your struggles but thank you for s bf a ring your story! 

Yes PonyFan join!!!

Healthy Pony was run by another pony on the Arena and I struggled. There was a few rounds that it took to get the hang of it. Never worry that you fall off the wagon, because another wagon could be gliding by to put on the correct path! :)

My week was not goal driven but there was some good. I did some better choice when it comes to my food intake. I make sure to run outside with the kids when I can.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 07:55:01 AM »
Energy balls are a good idea, and yes, I think my son would actually eat those as well, which is a big bonus (he is the pickiest kid in the world and has a repertoire of about 5 foods he will eat!). Avocados are calorie dense, I believe, too, so maybe I'll try to eat of those.

My girls were ftt too...they spent over 3 months in the NICU for feeding issues; one of them came home on a g-tube and wouldn't take any food orally for 9 months, and I had to fight to keep her twin's weight up to keep her from the same fate. I have a list of protein-packed and calorie-dense foods taped to the inside of my kitchen cabinet...guess I should be following it for myself! I hope your little one is doing better now  :heart:

:) Good luck~
I just figured I'd give my two cents + support since it seems like it should be "easy" to gain weight, but in reality it can certainly be hard. (especially with breastfeeding! dang~)

My lil one is almost 6. It took 2-3+ years of bouncing between hospital systems, nutritionists, and feeding clinics before we finally could get a gtube. u_u; Luckily, that was a month before all the shutdowns. Things are better.. but there's still a lot of unknowns, and probably always will be.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
Today was a 1 but it wasn't because I was busy. It's because I'm so sore :(

I did manage to go grocery shopping, which is a big deal for me. And I got my laundry done.

No packing, though I did bring in three empty boxes from the garage.

Meals were okay? Had an egg sandwich for breakfast for a punch of protein. Lunch was Taco Bell, I got all vegetarian stuff with black beans. Haven't had dinner yet... and I might not. I'm so tired. It's only quarter to 7 and I could honestly go to bed right now.

Today would be a 0 but I feel really good about getting my groceries. So, 1 it is.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 07:22:32 AM »
Good for you!!! Dont be too hard on yourself with those jumbers... it's all about reflecting and seeing what can change or maybe the goal doesn't work and needs a new plan!

Yesterday a 1. I could not reach my goals as I was with family. Did not touch a goal but the reason I didnt was family time is so important.

Well it is a weekend. I caught up with some sleep and ready to be productive:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »
Today was a 2 :D I got a lot done!

I bought myself an acupressure mat and a back brace since my back has been so bad and I can't waste time recovering lying in bed. The acupressure hurt at first but then felt better. I couldn't make the full 10 minutes (tbh, I thought I was bleeding - I was not) so I want to try again before bed. The back brace is awesome! I'm not sure how much was the mat or the brace but whatever it was, my back wasn't hurting so much!

Let's see... I packed up the rest of my books (and then I found two more that weren't with the others, of course), my dressers are all empty except for clothes I'm going to wearing. My nightstand was cleaned out and all that's left is essential stuff. I got 90% of my arts & crafts supplies packed up... and then ran out of boxes. All we have left are medium sized bins which I'll use for a few things, but the majority of what I have left can go into small boxes, so I ordered some. They should come Monday.

Food was... ehh, not that good. I just had my morning tea, no breakfast. Lunch was a cheese, tomato and veggie bacon wrap. Dinner was pasta :lookround: Big ol' bowl of carbs! Plus I snacked on smoked salmon dip and crackers. Annnd I'm craving chocolate so, gonna have a Star Crunch.

I have my plans figured out for tomorrow (time to pack up the ponies!).

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 08:09:24 PM »

:) Good luck~
I just figured I'd give my two cents + support since it seems like it should be "easy" to gain weight, but in reality it can certainly be hard. (especially with breastfeeding! dang~)

My lil one is almost 6. It took 2-3+ years of bouncing between hospital systems, nutritionists, and feeding clinics before we finally could get a gtube. u_u; Luckily, that was a month before all the shutdowns. Things are better.. but there's still a lot of unknowns, and probably always will be.

You have had a long, rough road...I hope things go smoothly from here on for you and your family. If you ever need someone to talk to who understands a little bit about what you're going through, I'm around! :hug:

Post Merge: July 18, 2020, 08:19:02 PM

It's been a couple of days since I've updated...today was a 2. I've done a decent job of getting up earlier and getting the kids up, and naps have been on average 1.5 hours earlier than before, but come dinnertime everything falls apart and bedtimes are still late. It's after 10 and I still have one child up. A thunderstorm threw our day out of whack around lunchtime, because one of my girls is terrified by thunder and she spent an hour with her whole body wrapped around my arm and I couldn't get the meal made. Oh well. Tomorrow will probably be a 0 anyway because we have out-of-town plans, and there likely won't be any naps at all, so I'll take my 2 today and give myself the little sliver of credit I deserve for being out of bed before 7.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:19:02 PM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 06:00:06 AM »
Just remember 0 are not bad. We all need a rest day...but even if you dont touch a goal but you gave some thought that is a 1. I did not touch a goal on Wed, but I kept it in n mind! So 1. No being hard on yourself. Try to keep it positive and you might see a good change.

Yesterday i cleaned so i call that exercise. I knitted 1.5 days worth of a temperature blanket. Each day has a different color and you do it for 365 days...not even half way done but it's a huge blanket!

I ate well..my husband helps with that:) but no piano so 4. So close!

My scale said I lost 2 pounds. I will cheer. Yes the body fluctuates but I will take the joy:) I have been saving clothes for a reward, but I think I am just going to wear them. They are tight but they might keep me in check too.

The best part...all of your are trying and cheering each other on. That is something to feel very proud about:)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 06:48:27 PM »
Today was a definite 0.

I didn't sleep well and after I had my morning tea and took a shower I was so tired. I went back to bed and slept most of the day.

Meals were okay. I skipped breakfast again, lunch was a tuna wrap with a side of cottage cheese and a pickle. I just woke up again and am not hungry, so no dinner but I have to eat something to take my medicine. Maybe I'll have some cheese.

I'm going to try sleeping through the night. My boxes should come tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get something done.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »
Needing sleep is your body telling you it needs rest:) but...you posted here so your goals were thought of....I would call that a 1:) sleep is just as important as activities

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »
Today was a one. I'll give myself that, because I did at least think about doing better, even if I didn't actually do better. We were out of town for my daughters' birthday celebration and I knew it would be a rough day with no naps. But it was nice to get out on the boat and see some family...tomorrow will probably not see us getting back on track either though. Doctor visits for the kids, complete with vaccinations...bound to put everyone in foul moods. It's okay...we still have a few weeks before school starts to pick up our slack.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
I've been busy getting ready for a family reunion.  We'll be camping for over a week but we do lots of things like a treasure hunt and a raffle table and my mom wants me to do face painting but we'll see how that goes (I'm not sure if I want some of those kids breathing on me).  I've finished a bunch of piggy banks that I painted for the kid's raffle table.  Though depending on how many people actually come, I might just tell the kids to come get one.  I've got 19, but with the quarantining and stuff I don't know how many people will come this year.  Usually we have more than a hundred people at the campsite but the invite this year told people to plan on social distancing and to wear a mask when visiting other family groups and to just stay home if they felt sick at all.  My grandpa's generation will insist on coming because they're getting old and don't know when their last reunion will be and we don't need to kill them all off in one go.  Also, I painted a duck bank that I think my grandpa will use as the grand prize for the rubber duck race he wants to have for the kids in the little stream near the campsite.  If I get time I'll take a picture but I've got to get my room cleaned up, laundry done, packed, and figure out how much scrapbook stuff to take with me (just in case I need something to do in the tent) before we leave next Saturday.  If I didn't have to work all day on top of all of that it wouldn't be a big deal.  I'm looking forward to actually getting some time off of work.  Maybe by the time I come back people will realize how much of the work I do while everyone else sits around whining that "there's nothing to do."

I'm not sure how well I'll manage the calorie counter as I'm not in charge of meals and there won't be an option to get something else if what we're eating is too calorie dense, so I'm going to have to try and exercise a bit more while we're camping.  Maybe I can find a hiking trail or something.  I don't think there's a good spot for running as the road leads to a mine and there are lots of trucks on it during the week so I'll have to figure something else out.  But if I end up gaining a bit of the weight back I'll just have to work harder once I come back to get it off again.  Not a huge deal and I'm not going to freak out over it.  I'm going to go and enjoy myself.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2020, 06:30:35 PM »
Wow that is a busy time!!! Sounds like fun. I over eat at family events....I just get so anxious and feel I have to. So I knit to help my desire. Kid games can totally help burn calories. Duck suck goose hehe your duck race.

I run with my kids and I at ok today. Did some knitting I call it a 1...yes that is harsh for me, but I really need to get my piano skills back up. My new church wants me to play and I feel like a 5 year old who has had only had 1 lesson. So I am changing it up.

My Big goal is piano 5 days a week.

My small goal is 2 days a week
3 days a week
4 days a week
5 days a week

Wont be by September but if I magically do....I will give myself a reward....pony or craft related not sure...but now my goal is 1 day this week or better! Bribery has helped me before:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal