collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony And All Its Glory  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Healthy Pony And All Its Glory
« on: July 12, 2020, 06:47:17 AM »
Healthy Pony is Back!!!

This pony is fed up with being upset with herself. I make excuses after excuses on why things dont get accomplished or I say thing like "when I loose I can do..." and yet I have nothing in place to reach that goal...Healthy Pony helped me.

I had a fast food addiction that still looks its head but with the help of healthy pony I manage it so much better! Well I want to start living the life I want and break my lazy habits! So I am starting Healthy Pony again to help me...and I hope to help you as well.

Healthy Pony has no specifics. Your goals that make you feel happy is what Healthy Pony is about. It's a place to Vent and to cheer for others. Anyone can enter and anyone can come cheer. Sign ups are open anytime but there will be an award:) I feel best when I am giving so it will come from me:)

Let's Get Signed Up

Healthy Pony Starts Today and Goes to September 1st.

What is your big goals?
What are the small goals to reach the big Goal?
Tell us something you like about yourself:)

Then each day give yourself a rating.
0: for I chose to be lazy, and that is ok we all deserve a break.
1: My day was way to crazy from morning to bed that I couldn't try, or ability was not towards our goals. But I still thought of them and that is deserving. (we all have busy days it happens)
2: I was able to work on my goals
5: I had a super awesome day of accomplishing or just doing what I can towards my goals.

If you get 100 points total you get a prize from me:) I wint be keeping track, so it's all on you.:)

CG sign up:

Big Goals
1. Play Piano Daily
2. Work Out Daily
3. Knit Daily
4. Be more active Daily

Small Goals.
1. Each day doing something active. Weather it is my piano, knitting, body.
2. Stop coming home after work sitting on my butt and phone...trying to do 1 thing a day.
3. Being nice to myself. Yelling at myself and talk mean about me is not helping so time for positive things

What do I like about myself?
I try. I do things to try and be better and I hope others see that just trying is awesome:)

Can not wait to see who will join me:) you do not have to follow my sign up at all. It's a guide to try. Use this forum for a path that helps you
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:16:16 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony And All Its Glory
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 08:24:02 AM »
I want to play!  I'm not good at remembering to post but I do enjoy participating in these.

Right now my main goal is to get closer to the weight recommended by the BMI scale--even though I take that recommendation with a grain of salt and will stop when I feel my weight is right regardless of what it says.  I want to get as close to where I want to be as it is safe to do before my next physical in September.  I know that I can't get there completely before my physical but I should be able to get much closer than I am now.  :)

To get there I've been using an app called My Net Diary to track the calories I'm eating and it's been very helpful.  I've used it to set a weight loss goal that is attainable by September and once I reach it I will set another small loss goal and repeat the process until I'm where I want to be. 

I would also like to improve my running time.  I've always hated running but during one of the previous healthy pony challenges someone mentioned a Couch to 5K challenge that I have been doing.  I've done it through once the way it said (short runs working up to long runs) and I've almost finished going through it again backwards (long runs down to short runs) to help me get faster.  (I know it sounds weird but it seems to be working.)  Once I get through it the second time I'll go through it again short runs to long runs and see if I can't get that speed up even more for longer periods of time.

I'm also still trying to finish up various art projects so I can move them along and clean them out of my closet.  One craft at a time...

Ooh...I also need to get those boxes of G3s out of my closet.  I need to figure out if I'm going to do a drawing or first come first served on those.  I put them together as "mystery boxes" over a year ago and then we had a crappy winter so I couldn't get to the post office and then I tore my ACL so I really couldn't get to the post office with boxes and crutches so I'm not even sure what's in the boxes anymore.  They are truly a mystery now.   :lol:

Also, I think it might be time to look for a new job.  The part timers run the schedule and the full timers are being expected to work odd hours while doing all the things the part timers "don't like" to do.  And since we've been closed, there isn't much that the part timers are qualified to do except the stuff they don't like to do so they wander around complaining that there's "nothing" to do and the full timers can't get anything done but what the part timers should be doing.  And the director refuses to address the issues and make the part timers do anything but she'll write up the full timers for not getting their work done as well as the part timers' work.  And heaven help anyone who says anything about it!  It's gotten old and all of the full timers are looking to jump ship.  I'll keep my eyes open for this one but I don't know if I'll be able to find anything right now.

Something I like about myself is that I'm stubborn when it comes to getting what I want (in a good way).  For example, I know that I want to eat a bag of Brookside Dark Chocolate with Pomegranate but I will be good and keep the bag closed until I reach my goal weight and then I will be reasonable when I do open it up to indulge.  And I like that I can take something, paint it, and then find it a new home with someone who will enjoy it.  :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 10:15:28 AM »
WELCOME!!! I am so excited to have busy. Posting once in awhile is great too:)

Post Merge: July 12, 2020, 10:37:55 AM

I got the time to read the entire post pokeyonekenobi!!! Way to go with the running g app. I remember that one. I am so glad it is working for you. Your stubbornness is awesome...I could not resist...it sounds so tasty. As for G3...that could be a fun giveaway or the mystery box. If I get more funds I totally be up for a purchase or a right now I could totally do a wing trade:)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:37:55 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 05:32:29 PM »
Ok...I give myself a 1. It would have been a 2 if I was more mindful of my eating...4 cookies and chocolate peanutbutter cups....sigh I know I can do better.

I am 170 pounds...yeah I feel embarrassed my height makes this on board with unhealthy weight that could cause issue...I do have a heart condition and 4 cookies will not help that...I do hope as I go that number will show some decrease or I will feel better about myself. If I feel happy then I am doing good:)

I played piano for 30min and I will do some stretching. I have an app that will help me do the splits!!! I have always wanted to learn:) stretching g is good for the body.

Good luck to all of you:)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:58:52 PM »
Some days just require cookies.  :cookie:  I haven't tried to do the splits since I did gymnastics in middle school.  Good for you!

I'm going to go ahead and give myself a 5.  I ran on the treadmill and when I first started the challenge almost 6 months ago my "running" speed was at a 20 minute mile--yes, most people could walk it faster than that but I had to keep telling myself that it would get better once my ACL healed a bit more.  I got to be one of the lucky small percentage that has issues recovering from ACL surgery.  I literally couldn't lift my leg from a bent position to a straight one.  It still doesn't go completely straight and my surgery was a year and a half ago.  Today I ran part of the time at a 12 minute pace. 

I also managed to stay within the calories allotted by the app I've been using--even while allowing myself a quarter of a donut.  I have to say that I was disappointed in the donut.  It tasted like they needed to freshen up their cooking oil.   :huh:  Oh well.  It's fresh fruit season and I've got to get some more plums.  My niece and nephews finished mine off.

And once I finish posting I'm going to sit down and paint while watching Young Sheldon.  That show cracks me up!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »
Can I post?

Post Merge: July 14, 2020, 05:17:35 PM

I have tried all day to post and it would not work...no clue. I was inspired to have a 5 day. Pokeyonekanobi was a huge asset for that mind set. Thank you!! I was great eating morning snack and lunch(teacher has to eat with kids) I took little the kids helped out...except snack...had more pumpkin pudding than I should have...was ready to do piano but hubby got home early. I might get a stretch in. But overall 2. I kept a better mindset and still tried to reach the goals. I will stretch...that is easy. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 05:17:35 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 07:31:21 AM »
I'll join :)

Right now I'm still packing up to move into my new apartment. I want to try and get as much done as I can each day and hopefully be ready to hire movers next week. This is a health goal because most of my emotional issues come from living with my parents and sister. Being alone is going to be great for my mental health.

As far as physical health goes, my apartment is on the second story. I have a very hard time going up and down the stairs but there is no other way in since it's a private entrance (with a nice balcony :) ). I've already bought myself a stair climber dolly to help haul up groceries and stuff. I'm hoping that after moving in and using the stairs daily that I'll get strength back in my legs (my left leg is very weak and doesn't want to lift my body) and also I'll be able to eat healthier and ride my upright bike again. I used my bike every day until I had to move it out of my bedroom while I rearranged furniture. My sister moved it outside on the lanai even though she had no right or reason to do that. It got dirty quickly and has been out there ever since. So one of my "getting ready to move" goals is to clean it off and bring it back inside.

Along with the health goals I have some others for after I move in. Like buying furniture :) I need a sofa, a dining room set and a washer & dryer. I'm excited to shop for furniture since I've never really done it before. I've only ever bought things like bookcases and desks that you put together yourself. Never a nice piece of furniture from an actual furniture store.

So here's my sign up!

Big Goals
1. Pack as much as I can each day
2. Aim to hire movers sometime around the 20th-24th
3. Officially move in!

Small Goals.
1. Bring easier to carry items to the apartment
2. Try to push past the pain in my back instead of giving into it right away
3. Stop eating so many carbs.

My mind is in a good place right now. I'm motivated and excited to move in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 11:32:00 AM »
Welcome!!! I have moved a lot...I literally just moved June 15!!! So I totally get the frustration and motivation but good for having a great mind set. You have a great plan going forward and family can be bummers...mind kind of did cruddy things until I moved. Glad to help you on your journey!

I will be a 1 today. My hubby birthday is today so it will be home, out to dinner, and bed...but I am doing g well at eating little with the kids! Fingers crossed for nap time.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »
Okay, I'll play.

Big goals:
#1 and most urgent: shift my entire day's schedule back by several hours. Right now, my household doesn't all wake up until 9 or 10 some mornings (not me, unfortunately; I still have to be up way early, but the kids...), breakfast doesn't get served till 11 or later, kids' naps run from 3:30-6-ish, and I'm lucky if I can get all the kids down for bed by 10:30/11, and I haven't been getting into bed myself until 12:30/1 a.m...I have always been a night owl and always will be. Pretty unacceptable, considering school is starting soon! My son is starting full-day kindergarten (last year he was just in afternoon 4K, which totally enabled our 'lazy' schedule), and I just don't know how I'm going to get him there by 8. I figure that in order to get 3 kids out of bed, fed, dressed, and have myself put together to leave the house at 7:30 (he goes to school in another town), I need to get up my 6 at the latest. I'm so overwhelmed at how I'm going to make that happen. I've been trying and trying for weeks to shift everything back, but it just never works. Mealtimes are the worst; I spend like 2 hours in the kitchen preparing, forcing kids to eat, and cleaning up every meal. That's a LOT of time in the kitchen. I made Hamburger Helper the other night, and it still took 2 hours, so it's not just a matter of simplifying things. I am extremely poor at time management.

Smaller goals:
I need to gain weight and get healthier. I lost a ton of weight during the last month of my twin pregnancy due to a respiratory illness and hospitalization (I'm probably the only person in the world capable of losing weight during a twin pregnancy, haha), and it seems like I've been slowly wasting away ever since. Breastfeeding burns calories like nobody's business, and I'm doing it for 2! I mean, you are literally burning 500 calories a day for just sitting on your butt (and that's for only one baby!). I'm so tired of seeing my ribs and collarbone through my chest; it's revolting and makes me feel old. I've started exercising recently, because I had no muscle tone whatsoever from all the sitting, and was stiff and sore all the time from inactivity, and I'm starting to feel better because of it, but that just burns more calories  :(

I need to work towards getting our basement remodel done. My girls' room still needs the new carpet to be installed (waiting on my husband to do that), and it needs to be painted (very tedious project, as I am hoping to paint an argyle pattern on one wall as an accent wall and I have no clue how to do the measurements). Also, I'm working on putting away all the outgrown baby clothes, and I'm stalled up on this a bit...embarrassed to admit I'm a bit emotional about getting rid of anything, as these girls were most likely our last babies. I know the reward for clearing this stuff out is getting a hobby room where I can store my ponies, but I'm still having a hard time.

I'm interested to see that you play the piano! I picked it up a little bit while my girls were in the NICU last year; we had a music therapist who brought a keyboard into their room and I learned chords really fast. My husband bought me my own keyboard, and I played all the time for a few months, but then we moved to our new house and I haven't had a place to put it...but I guess that can be added as another small goal!

Erm, let's see....well, I have a fierce and dutiful love for my kids, and I know that gives me the strength to make stuff happen, like the crappy day-hours thing. I want my son to go to this school so badly that I know in the end I'll sacrifice sleep to make it happen.

Just a side note...moving is the worst. I've moved 21 times in my adult life, so I feel for you!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 05:39:23 AM »
Holy cow TWINS!!!! you go rock star! I am no performance pro but I love teaching. Going to get my kindergarten and preschool license hopefully. I sing more, but my church wants a piano player, so I am working on it.

As for putting on weight I would look into protein and healthy fats. I am no expert by any means, but I can see those components being helpful in muscle tone and building some weight gain....I am sure a snickers bar is helpful too! Welcome to the party and hopefully we can reach our goals tigether:)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 08:05:09 AM »
This comes at a good time for me—I’ve been feeling a bit frustrated lately and need to focus on some positive things!

Big Goals:
1: Continue eating more healthfully. My health started failing last winter due to my terrible diet and food choices. I’ve since cut out almost all of the junk food, and try to consume a healthy amount of calories each day, rather than bingeing on garbage and then starving myself later. I’ve lost 43 pounds so far, and I’m hoping to lose 66 more to get back to my ideal weight.
2: Making positivity and self-kindness a habit. I want to work on not tearing myself down, and to stop comparing myself to others. Everyone brings something unique to the table, and no one is perfect at everything. :)
3: Organize the sewing/crafting room, so I have a nice place to work on my various projects.

Small Goals:
1: To not cave in and buy junk food, and also to try some new (healthier!) foods.
2: Do something positive/happy each day (crocheting, sewing, coloring, etc.).
3: Clean up/sort a little each day.

Yesterday’s/Today’s progress:
Tried oat milk as a substitute for dairy, and LOVED IT! It has fewer calories and a lot of the nutrients I’m most in need of. I don’t think I’ll ever drink “real” milk again. X3 Also started tidying the crafting room the other day.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 08:10:04 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »
I really need to do this again.  It was so helpful last time and I have really fallen off of self-health lately.  I will have to do my signup later, as I am currently at work, though.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »

I need to gain weight and get healthier. I lost a ton of weight during the last month of my twin pregnancy due to a respiratory illness and hospitalization (I'm probably the only person in the world capable of losing weight during a twin pregnancy, haha), and it seems like I've been slowly wasting away ever since. Breastfeeding burns calories like nobody's business, and I'm doing it for 2! I mean, you are literally burning 500 calories a day for just sitting on your butt (and that's for only one baby!). I'm so tired of seeing my ribs and collarbone through my chest; it's revolting and makes me feel old. I've started exercising recently, because I had no muscle tone whatsoever from all the sitting, and was stiff and sore all the time from inactivity, and I'm starting to feel better because of it, but that just burns more calories  :(

Look up calorie dense foods. Sometimes trying to eat more calories per bite is easier then eating more food.

Also, snack on nuts! Bonus if you roast them in a healthy fat first. (but with kids,  maybe there is no time for that).

And theres lots of healthy "energy ball" recipes out there. (Think nut butter, oats, chocolate chips... or dates, coconut, walnuts, etcetc). That you can make them in batches and then freeze and then take one out whenever you need it. Also it could be a good snack for your older kiddo. Maybe in a school lunch, or after school snack?

My little one was ftt, so i feel like I've gained a lot of random bits on gaining weight. (In contrast to me who had to lose weight after her. lol).

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:13:54 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Skandalous

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »
oof Ill try ^^;

What is your big goals?

1. To get a good-paying job that I enjoy.
2. work-out more often and return to my original BMI (the pandemic has not been kind to me)
3. be more social/reach out more to others.
4. become more organized and less forgetful.
5. get. more. sleep.
6. write more and create more.

What are the small goals to reach the big Goal?
1 and 3- Working on my self-confidence.
1- sending out applications
2- stop snacking btw meals and cut down on stress sweets
3- thinking of others more
4- actively TRY to organize things and keep them that way.
5- turn off my phone after 9pm (easier said than done).

Tell us something you like about yourself:)
Uhh I like to think I'm creative and funny. I hate cilantro  :P

uhh today is a 1.
:rainbow:Skandy's G2 Wishlist:rainbow:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »
1 is good so are 0s we all need these things such as rest and lazy days. We all need this. This ratings are just there to keep your mind on it. Nothing more:) mine is b.c a 1 because I touched none of my goals, but I had chores to finish and. Is my 1 bad nope. I was still mindful and not over eat at my school job. I have to eat with the kids.

My hope you see the positive parts of your day and time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal