collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who is your least favourite flutter pony?

Rosedust
3 (6.1%)
Honeysuckle
5 (10.2%)
Morning Glory
4 (8.2%)
Peach Blossom
0 (0%)
Forget Me Not
1 (2%)
Lily
8 (16.3%)
Tropical Breeze
2 (4.1%)
Wingsong
2 (4.1%)
Wind Drifter
4 (8.2%)
Cloud Puff
5 (10.2%)
Hollywood
3 (6.1%)
Pink Dreams
2 (4.1%)
Yum Yum
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Least fave flutter pony ?  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Least fave flutter pony ?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 02:52:23 AM »
I can understand why Yum Yum is leading the charge. I didn't like her at all until I reluctantly bought her with much debate. Instantly fell in love upon her arrival. She was my first flutter pony.  Pastel/neon is definitely one of my aesthetics. I'm picky about that hair color though, there has to be lots of very noticeable green, or I can't be bothered.
I agree she's really much more nicer in person. The neon looks so good with the dark purple in my opinion.

Post Merge: July 11, 2020, 05:55:07 PM

Honeysuckle for the same reason every other Honeysuckle-voter has: all one colour & it's pink...
But peach blossom is also all one colour. And it's the only one with 0 votes..
Well, in fairness, Peach Blossom isn't all pink (the other thing Ponybookworm brought up). There's also a more notable contrast between her hair and her body (hair is dark aqua while the body is light) than between Honeysuckle's pink body and fading pink hair.

I will say that Honeysuckle is at her best looking when her hair is at full vibrancy.
Glad some of you get why we're all so boooooooooooooooooooooooooored with pink!!! As others have said, Peach Blossom is a beautiful shade of aqua, though as some have said, a bit of peach in her hair would really go down well...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 03:46:11 AM »
I personally enjoy the way the reddishness of the fading pink plays off against her paler pink body; when her hair is faded, the effect is rather spoilt.

I need to re-pink mine again.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2020, 08:28:34 AM »
Honeysuckle for the same reason every other Honeysuckle-voter has: all one colour & it's pink...

I like Honeysuckle with white hair. She looks prettier that way impo. Her symbol is cute too. As with Yum Yum, I didn't like her until I had one in hand.

Post Merge: July 12, 2020, 08:31:01 AM

I can understand why Yum Yum is leading the charge. I didn't like her at all until I reluctantly bought her with much debate. Instantly fell in love upon her arrival. She was my first flutter pony.  Pastel/neon is definitely one of my aesthetics. I'm picky about that hair color though, there has to be lots of very noticeable green, or I can't be bothered.
I agree she's really much more nicer in person. The neon looks so good with the dark purple in my opinion.

Post Merge: July 11, 2020, 05:55:07 PM

But peach blossom is also all one colour. And it's the only one with 0 votes..
Well, in fairness, Peach Blossom isn't all pink (the other thing Ponybookworm brought up). There's also a more notable contrast between her hair and her body (hair is dark aqua while the body is light) than between Honeysuckle's pink body and fading pink hair.

I will say that Honeysuckle is at her best looking when her hair is at full vibrancy.
Glad some of you get why we're all so boooooooooooooooooooooooooored with pink!!! As others have said, Peach Blossom is a beautiful shade of aqua, though as some have said, a bit of peach in her hair would really go down well...

I wonder if anyone has done a peach haired Peach Blossom? :wonder:  I think she'd look lovely.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:31:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »
I do have a hairless Peach Blossom in my bait box (I bought her that way along with several other hairless ponies) that I am at some point planning to do with either a.) peach hair, b.) Aqua hair with a peach stripe, or c.) Aqua/white/peach stripe. I haven't decided yet, but I'll post a picture whenever I get to it!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »
I do have a hairless Peach Blossom in my bait box (I bought her that way along with several other hairless ponies) that I am at some point planning to do with either a.) peach hair, b.) Aqua hair with a peach stripe, or c.) Aqua/white/peach stripe. I haven't decided yet, but I'll post a picture whenever I get to it!

C sounds like a unique combo.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2020, 05:24:29 AM »
I am the oddball here but I don't like fading pink hair faded on literally any pony it comes on.

I really like Honeysuckle, but only when she's NOT faded. Although my hypercurly version one with the second year wing attachments has kind of creamy curls and that looks not too bad.

I think faded white reminds me of carbootsale days with bleached out poseys and yeah, it just doesn't work for me.

...Pink is overdone in the MLP line but there are shades of pink I can live with and Honeysuckle's combo is one.

If she were pinkie pie pink on the other hand...no way xD.

I always wondered why Peach Blossom was not peach. Hasbro *sigh*.

Lily & YumYum are neck and neck right now. The colour they have in common is purple...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2020, 01:53:41 PM »
I don't like fading pink that's faded either. My Rosedust is faded, so she's less than impressive. Such a blah color scheme for the queen of the flutter ponies...but I suppose Hasbro wasn't thinking of the pink fading when they designed her.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
I don't like fading pink that's faded either. My Rosedust is faded, so she's less than impressive. Such a blah color scheme for the queen of the flutter ponies...but I suppose Hasbro wasn't thinking of the pink fading when they designed her.
Yeah, it's one of things they didn't know about at the time.
There are ways to restore the pink, however.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2020, 05:53:59 PM »

I've seen that, and I've yet to experiment with it, although I plan to at some point. Unless you count the time as a kid when I discovered that literally drawing on ponies' faded pink hair with pink highlighter seemed to re-pink it, haha. It must have just faded out again, because I don't now see any evidence of my lame attempt on my childhood ponies.

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2020, 06:26:34 PM »

I've seen that, and I've yet to experiment with it, although I plan to at some point. Unless you count the time as a kid when I discovered that literally drawing on ponies' faded pink hair with pink highlighter seemed to re-pink it, haha. It must have just faded out again, because I don't now see any evidence of my lame attempt on my childhood ponies.
Yeah, I don't think stuff like highlighter ink properly soaks into the nylon of the hair. The method I'm familiar with is to mix Kool-Aid powder - or powdered Rit dye (IIRC), if you're feeling bolder - into some conditioner and rub it into the hair and leave to sit for a while, then rinse. The dyes from the Kool-Aid powder are susceptible to fading back out over time/exposure, but it's easier to prevent them from staining the pony than it is with the more serious dye.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Yeah, I don't think stuff like highlighter ink properly soaks into the nylon of the hair. The method I'm familiar with is to mix Kool-Aid powder - or powdered Rit dye (IIRC), if you're feeling bolder - into some conditioner and rub it into the hair and leave to sit for a while, then rinse. The dyes from the Kool-Aid powder are susceptible to fading back out over time/exposure, but it's easier to prevent them from staining the pony than it is with the more serious dye.

I've heard using the Rit or the Kool-Aid, but not with the conditioner...I'll try that. Have you heard if there's a certain color (flavor?!) that works best to get the closest shade to the original pink?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2020, 07:03:21 PM »
I used the liquid rit dyemore to successfully repink several ponies hair. Works pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:59:30 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 07:58:31 PM »
I believe the recommended flavor to use is Cherry.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2020, 07:59:03 PM »
I voted for Cloud Puff, I'm not even sure why. It was going to be either her, Wingsong, or Hollywood.

The Peach Blossom:Lily vote ratio is very interesting to me.  I like PB's pose better, but prefer Lily's color combo. PB just doesn't seem to stand out to me, but as of now, PB is the only one with ZERO votes - does this mean she is the Best Flutter Pony? It would be interesting to do a second poll for Favorite Flutter Ponies and see how that data lines up with the results here!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2020, 09:20:52 PM »
I've gotta say - I find the wingers to be far more enchanting than the flutters! Honeysuckle is a bit blah.

Has anyone ever tried adding flutter wings to Scribbles and Dabble?  :whoa:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal