collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what's the most you've paid for a pony?  (Read 3563 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what's the most you've paid for a pony?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 05:41:34 AM »
While it seems like I've spent a small fortune on ponies, looking back I can't pick out one single one that cost more than $10, maybe $15-20 if you include shipping (and I do!). Minty was kind of a splurge at close to the $20 range including shipping, and it seemed like she was a really good price for her almost perfect condition.

I'm sure I will spend more in the future; I'm still in the beginning days of collecting, where it has so far been easy to pick up inexpensive lots with mostly common ponies, but they are new and exciting to me, because they were ones I coveted as a child but never got. I've spent less than $1 for many of my ponies! But as I begin filling in the holes of my collection, buying them individually gets harder and more expensive, and of course, I start setting my eyes on rarer ones I didn't feel the need to have before, but now suddenly want. But...I'm on a crappy stay-at-home mom budget, so anything over the $10 range will probably have to wait until my youngest are in school and I can go back to work.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 07:40:22 AM »
I spent over $100 for my G1 MOC Blueberry Baskets.  I always wanted a MOC G1 pony. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 07:46:47 AM »
Ponies are more expensive and harder to come by now.

If I was starting now it would be a lot more tricky, so it's awesome you've found some good deals, LadyAmalthea :)

Most of my rarer ponies came either from the carbootsale in the nineties or from trading ponies from the carbootsale in the 90s. I think over the course of my collection it averages out about $10-$15 a pony, including the MIP ones, so overall I feel like odd high spends like Paradise don't matter so much xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »
$410 (on payment plan) for Takara Baby Popo.  I have a handful of ponies in the higher range, but usually save up or buy on payment plan.  I think the highest I would ever consider would MAYBE be $1,000 for Takara Milky.  Not sure that that would happen any time soon but I do have some Nirvana's on my list that will be in the $100-600 range or so.  Granted that I am able to even find them for sale, that is.  However, I still have ponies on my list like Sweet Scoops that is in that higher range, but at the moment I "feel" that that is too much for that particular pony (right now, probably because I know she has sold for less in the past, so my mind just can't get over it, lol).  For that reason, I am glad I am not Jonesing for Rapunzel since she is back up around the $1,000 mark too.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »
For a single pony, about $45. That was my G1 Yum Yum. My most expensive pony purchase though was my Canterlot and Seaquestria castle for $55.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
I can't quite remember! I've probably paid around $30-40. I have some harder to find ones that my Dad bought me for Christmas gifts and I recently got a gift from my family of a $200 one (a 2nd wave seapony). All the ones *I've* bought personally I try to get in lots to spread out the cost.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 01:35:58 PM »
For a single pony, about $45. That was my G1 Yum Yum. My most expensive pony purchase though was my Canterlot and Seaquestria castle for $55.
I Assume that's TAF Yum Yum? I don't think the flutter Yum Yum would go for that much. :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 01:53:18 PM »
$410 (on payment plan) for Takara Baby Popo.  I have a handful of ponies in the higher range, but usually save up or buy on payment plan.  I think the highest I would ever consider would MAYBE be $1,000 for Takara Milky.  Not sure that that would happen any time soon but I do have some Nirvana's on my list that will be in the $100-600 range or so.  Granted that I am able to even find them for sale, that is.  However, I still have ponies on my list like Sweet Scoops that is in that higher range, but at the moment I "feel" that that is too much for that particular pony (right now, probably because I know she has sold for less in the past, so my mind just can't get over it, lol).  For that reason, I am glad I am not Jonesing for Rapunzel since she is back up around the $1,000 mark too.

punzie is very pretty but way out of my reach at $1000.  :shocked: I've heard stories of people finding her in the wild and other grails of course wish the thrift shops near me had something lmao.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »
Lambaditsa, hands down.
How much I paid I don't know, but she was my entire Pony budget for two months & I paid in installments.
Pretty pricey anyway, & I had the package weighted to insure it.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline faespirit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Will there be exciting sights to see...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »
Lambaditsa, hands down.
How much I paid I don't know, but she was my entire Pony budget for two months & I paid in installments.
ah birthday :lovey: also welcome back it's been a while

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
$155 for MOC Gusty.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2020, 10:39:54 AM »
Lambaditsa, hands down.
ah birthday :lovey: also welcome back it's been a while
Easter Candle, but my birthday is in April so Easter Ponies  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
And cheers xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2020, 08:16:23 PM »
Ponies are more expensive and harder to come by now.

If I was starting now it would be a lot more tricky, so it's awesome you've found some good deals, LadyAmalthea :)

Most of my rarer ponies came either from the carbootsale in the nineties or from trading ponies from the carbootsale in the 90s. I think over the course of my collection it averages out about $10-$15 a pony, including the MIP ones, so overall I feel like odd high spends like Paradise don't matter so much xD.

Averaging $10-$15 per pony is really awesome, with all the MIP ones and highly sought after ones you have! I wish I had started a long time ago...I remember looking on Ebay a while back, around 2014-ish, and pricing some ponies, and they were nowhere near what they cost now. We were anticipating  a cross country move and expecting our first child; it was a transitional time, so I put the idea of buying them on the shelf, at the time thinking it was enough to know they were out there. 5 or 6 years later when I do decide to start collecting again it's gotten so high...or maybe it's the shipping that's gotten out of hand. Oh well...guess I'll just keep looking for deals, and hoping some of my grails fall into my lap someday! :good:

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 04:36:45 AM »
I uh....I just dropped $300 on a custom Princess Luna figure made by Shuxer59. Dunno how long customs take, but I sent the money a little over a month ago, and I haven’t even received word on the status of the order yet.
By far the most most that I have ever paid for anything Pony, in one fell swoop. Really hoping I’m not gonna get scammed and be out $300. (He’s an amazing artist from the looks of it, I just know nothing about the guy and his order wait times and reliability)
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2020, 10:16:13 AM »

punzie is very pretty but way out of my reach at $1000.  :shocked: I've heard stories of people finding her in the wild and other grails of course wish the thrift shops near me had something lmao.

I know!  There was one in the past couple months of a lady finding one in a thrift store. So lucky!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal