collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Having fun with Megan and Sundance  (Read 1198 times)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Having fun with Megan and Sundance
« on: July 08, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »
They make for such a cute pair. Here's Megan feeding Sundance a sandwich:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Feel free to show off your own in this thread
should be perma-moderated

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Having fun with Megan and Sundance
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
That's cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »
Aw, this made me smile! I wish I still had my Megan...she became a casualty of childhood somehow. My Sundance is the SS version, and despite my attempts to bleach her, she is still very yellowed and has a lot of brown discoloration around her rear end and legs, so unless I wanted to pose her for a scene where she slipped and fell in a pigpen, she's not going to be starring in any pictures soon, unfortunately.

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:29:17 PM »
Thank you both!

...I had a crazy idea as to how to help your Sundance, LadyAmalthea: Tinting the flocking with white watercolor.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »
Thank you both!

...I had a crazy idea as to how to help your Sundance, LadyAmalthea: Tinting the flocking with white watercolor.

White watercolor? I've never heard of that...tell me more!

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 06:20:37 AM »
Thank you both!

It's a thing that exists. I remembered seeing it on occasion, and I double-checked to make sure that my memory wasn't playing tricks with me. Some palettes actually come with it, although the Crayola ones usually don't. But I'm sure you can order it from art supply places.

My thought process was that you could probably tint a So Soft's flocking with watercolor, that watercolor might cooperate alright with the flexible body plastic of ponies, and (after confirming that I wasn't imagining the existence of white watercolor) that in this case tinting the flocking with it might help hide the brown spots.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 06:37:51 AM »
Thank you both!

It's a thing that exists. I remembered seeing it on occasion, and I double-checked to make sure that my memory wasn't playing tricks with me. Some palettes actually come with it, although the Crayola ones usually don't. But I'm sure you can order it from art supply places.

My thought process was that you could probably tint a So Soft's flocking with watercolor, that watercolor might cooperate alright with the flexible body plastic of ponies, and (after confirming that I wasn't imagining the existence of white watercolor) that in this case tinting the flocking with it might help hide the brown spots.

Hmmm...that's an interesting idea, and I don't have anything to lose by trying it! My only alternative otherwise was to try deflocking her, but I'm not sure how much of her staining is the actual flocking or if it's on her body too. The flocking is all intact, and actually quite thick, so it might not come off easily. It seems like different flocking than my other SS's; more velvety or something...not sure if it's that way on all white ponies, or just Sundance. I'll order some white watercolor and see what it does for her...thanks for the suggestion!

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 01:55:35 PM »
You're welcome! I hope it doesn't ruin the flocking. I haven't tested the idea of tinting So Soft flocking with watercolor so...

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »
You're welcome! I hope it doesn't ruin the flocking. I haven't tested the idea of tinting So Soft flocking with watercolor so...

I don't think it could make it look worse than it does now, so might as well give it a try! Worst case I can always deflock her if it doesn't work. I'll update after I try, and let you know if it works!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal