collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunbeau - another fakie custom  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Fizzy Scrumptious

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Truly_Scumptious on the MLPTP! <3
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
Sunbeau - another fakie custom
« on: July 03, 2020, 07:00:50 PM »
I recently made another OC custom named Sunbeau! The name plays off the tradition Hasbro has of ending pony names with "belle". His colors are supposed to be darker, but I'm just working with what I have on hand atm so he's more pastel than I originally designed him ^.^

Here's how he started out. The fakie's tail was rooted really strangely, in a spiral to suggest a full tail without having that much hair.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's Sunbeau all done!

Tbh he looks a little goofy to me but that's ok, I can always rehair and repaint if I really feel like it. :P

:rainbow: they/them :rainbow: | wishlist | art thread
thank you tailrustedtealeaf for the lovely icon and Strawberry Swirl for the left-side adoptable in my sig :heart:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sunbeau - another fakie custom
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 11:43:41 PM »
OMG, how handsome is this fella?? I love his half-lidded eyes, and those eyebrows are to die for! (I also know how you feel with the colors; it's hard to get yarn to have a dark color, it just wants to fluff up into a pastel!) Great work on him! There's just really fabulous little details in there that put him over the top for me, like the blushing, and the subtle shading! Great work!! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »
Oh wow, he is FUN! His colors and symbol look great, and his expression just oozes personality. What a transformation!
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 08:46:15 PM »
OMG, how handsome is this fella?? I love his half-lidded eyes, and those eyebrows are to die for! (I also know how you feel with the colors; it's hard to get yarn to have a dark color, it just wants to fluff up into a pastel!) Great work on him! There's just really fabulous little details in there that put him over the top for me, like the blushing, and the subtle shading! Great work!! :heart:

Thank you so much!! The best yarn I have for custom hair right now is already pretty pastel and it definitely looks even lighter once you fluff it out >_<

Oh wow, he is FUN! His colors and symbol look great, and his expression just oozes personality. What a transformation!

Thank you! ^.^ I feel like customizing this fakie mold revealed it to have a lot of personality that its original design couldn't show off. Just look at its little smile!

thank you tailrustedtealeaf for the lovely icon and Strawberry Swirl for the left-side adoptable in my sig :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 02:49:04 AM »
Love him, the eyes are just so expressive! And I know what you mean by revealing the personality of the mould, that's what I thought when I saw the pics. Fakies can have a lot of hidden potential!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 06:44:24 PM »
cute
and great colors

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Goanna

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
Aww he's really cute, I love how much personality he has!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 05:22:59 AM »
I love this fakie, but your custom gave it so much personality. The colours are very sweet too <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »
He's cute!  I really like his symbol.  And his feet!  I've never done a custom with a rooted-tail fakie, was it hard to do the tail?
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 12:33:30 PM »
It took me a while, but I was finally able to put my finger on a detail that stuck with me about him. Something about the pony gave off the energy of Spyro the Dragon, and I finally realized that his mouth reminds me of how Spyro looks in the Reignited games :O Combined with the eyes, no wonder he exudes personality!
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Dreams Ponyland
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 04:06:30 PM »
He's cute!  I really like his symbol.  And his feet!  I've never done a custom with a rooted-tail fakie, was it hard to do the tail?

thank you!! I'm sure someone out there knows how to rehair tail plugs with yarn but I literally just cut a hole out, following the tail plugs, and ended up with a more typical tail hole to shove the yarn in LOL. I'm not a very careful customizer it seems:P

It took me a while, but I was finally able to put my finger on a detail that stuck with me about him. Something about the pony gave off the energy of Spyro the Dragon, and I finally realized that his mouth reminds me of how Spyro looks in the Reignited games :O Combined with the eyes, no wonder he exudes personality!

hahaha I've never played a Spyro game before but I googled the art and can definitely see the resemblance!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal