Creativity > Customs

Has anyone customised the G4 reboot styling ponies?

(1/1)

Griffin:
I spotted these today at my local supermarket, at least I think they were the Roadtrip ones (https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/reboot-styling-pony/). We get so few new ponies here, I wasn't even familiar with these until now.

I was intrigued by the hard plastic, I wonder what they would be like to customise? How are their heads attached and would it be difficult to rehair them because of the hard plastic...? Has anyone worked with these before, or ponies made of similar material? They were pretty expensive to be used as custom baits so I didn't get one but I might go back... They had Fluttershy and Rarity at least, and maybe Pinkie Pie.

tailrustedtealeaf:
Mandapanda did some customs with them and I tried to take the head off one (I'm not strong and failed). The heads are actually rather squishy! It reminds me of the small G4 reboots, since they really seem like they would be made out of hard plastic but are also very squishy when you pop their head off.

Griffin:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on July 05, 2020, 01:00:51 PM ---Mandapanda did some customs with them and I tried to take the head off one (I'm not strong and failed). The heads are actually rather squishy! It reminds me of the small G4 reboots, since they really seem like they would be made out of hard plastic but are also very squishy when you pop their head off.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! Hmmm that's weird, the ponies were exposed so I gave them a little knock to get a feel of the material, but on the body only, I suppose... Still not sure if they are something I want to get for customising, but I fear we will soon have no sensible looking ponies at all. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version