collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone customised the G4 reboot styling ponies?  (Read 789 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Has anyone customised the G4 reboot styling ponies?
« on: July 03, 2020, 02:10:39 PM »
I spotted these today at my local supermarket, at least I think they were the Roadtrip ones (https://data.mlpmerch.com/brushables/body/reboot-styling-pony/). We get so few new ponies here, I wasn't even familiar with these until now.

I was intrigued by the hard plastic, I wonder what they would be like to customise? How are their heads attached and would it be difficult to rehair them because of the hard plastic...? Has anyone worked with these before, or ponies made of similar material? They were pretty expensive to be used as custom baits so I didn't get one but I might go back... They had Fluttershy and Rarity at least, and maybe Pinkie Pie.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Has anyone customised the G4 reboot styling ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 01:00:51 PM »
Mandapanda did some customs with them and I tried to take the head off one (I'm not strong and failed). The heads are actually rather squishy! It reminds me of the small G4 reboots, since they really seem like they would be made out of hard plastic but are also very squishy when you pop their head off.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Has anyone customised the G4 reboot styling ponies?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »
Mandapanda did some customs with them and I tried to take the head off one (I'm not strong and failed). The heads are actually rather squishy! It reminds me of the small G4 reboots, since they really seem like they would be made out of hard plastic but are also very squishy when you pop their head off.

Thanks! Hmmm that's weird, the ponies were exposed so I gave them a little knock to get a feel of the material, but on the body only, I suppose... Still not sure if they are something I want to get for customising, but I fear we will soon have no sensible looking ponies at all. :P

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal