Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Ponies you forget about?

(1/5) > >>

Ragamuffin:
Which ponies do you find yourself forgetting about? Not talking about "underrated" or "overlooked" ponies or anything. I mean, if you were to list off every pony in a generation or line, are there any you would miss?

There are certain lines where I know they're there and I remember them, but I mix up the names or something, such as the Princess Ponies or the Sunshine Ponies. I wouldn't count those.

I was thinking about Flutterbutter and Bubblecup. Both of these ponies are ones I owned as a kid, but they didn't leave an impression on me. A lot of G3s are forgettable I think, like Banjo Blue, Star Dasher, or Savannah Sage, which is too bad because I like a lot of these ponies! I just... never think about them... and forget they exist... :lookround: Maybe it's a sign I should buy them and give them the love they deserve?

People are always talking about G1, and so a lot of ponies are always brought up. Even though G1 has the most variety in characters, I feel like I remember a lot more of them because of how often they are bought into conversation. I can't think of any completely "forgettable" G1s. Even if I don't remember their names, I don't forget them. It's just a matter of "Oh yeah, it's you! It's uhhh, whatshername! Yeah!" rather than "Oh yeah, you exist. Whoops".

Now that I think of it, maybe it's because of G1's variety that they're not as forgettable (at least to me). If I can remember all the gimmicks and sets, I can picture the set in my head and I know who's in it, just about. G3 has a lot more "regular" nothing-special ponies, like the "Perfectly Ponies" such as Cinnamon Breeze or Piccolo. I think the Magic Message ponies are the ones I see people talk about the least...? I don't remember many of the SHSs but to be fair, I never made an attempt to learn their names in the first place.

But if I can't think of any particular pony, that means I'm definitely forgetting someone! :lol:

Mrs. Prospector:
It's always the G1 mail orders I forget. I can remember the notable ones like Rapunzel and Sweet Scoops, but I always forget about Cupcake and Sweetcake, the valentine twins, Sugarcake and Gametime, and the Mommy and Baby. Also the white and pink collector ponies like Stockings and Lil Tot.

Ragamuffin:

--- Quote from: Mrs. Prospector on July 02, 2020, 07:25:12 PM ---It's always the G1 mail orders I forget. I can remember the notable ones like Rapunzel and Sweet Scoops, but I always forget about Cupcake and Sweetcake, the valentine twins, Sugarcake and Gametime, and the Mommy and Baby. Also the white and pink collector ponies like Stockings and Lil Tot.

--- End quote ---

I can remember most of those I think, except Cupcake! Stockings I would've forgotten if I didn't draw her a couple years ago!

LadyAmalthea:
I always forget about the Soft Sleepy Newborns (which is a strange name for them because they are absolutely not soft...not at all!). I used to have the purplish one, and can't even remember its name, Sweet Dreams, maybe? But I forget about them when I'm thinking of G1 ponies as a whole.

kingluke:
I used to forget about the sweetberry ponies. Now that I have the g1 collector's guide, which I look in on a daily basis, I'm training myself to remember each pony and their name. So far so good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version