collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you forget about?  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Ponies you forget about?
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »
Which ponies do you find yourself forgetting about? Not talking about "underrated" or "overlooked" ponies or anything. I mean, if you were to list off every pony in a generation or line, are there any you would miss?

There are certain lines where I know they're there and I remember them, but I mix up the names or something, such as the Princess Ponies or the Sunshine Ponies. I wouldn't count those.

I was thinking about Flutterbutter and Bubblecup. Both of these ponies are ones I owned as a kid, but they didn't leave an impression on me. A lot of G3s are forgettable I think, like Banjo Blue, Star Dasher, or Savannah Sage, which is too bad because I like a lot of these ponies! I just... never think about them... and forget they exist... :lookround: Maybe it's a sign I should buy them and give them the love they deserve?

People are always talking about G1, and so a lot of ponies are always brought up. Even though G1 has the most variety in characters, I feel like I remember a lot more of them because of how often they are bought into conversation. I can't think of any completely "forgettable" G1s. Even if I don't remember their names, I don't forget them. It's just a matter of "Oh yeah, it's you! It's uhhh, whatshername! Yeah!" rather than "Oh yeah, you exist. Whoops".

Now that I think of it, maybe it's because of G1's variety that they're not as forgettable (at least to me). If I can remember all the gimmicks and sets, I can picture the set in my head and I know who's in it, just about. G3 has a lot more "regular" nothing-special ponies, like the "Perfectly Ponies" such as Cinnamon Breeze or Piccolo. I think the Magic Message ponies are the ones I see people talk about the least...? I don't remember many of the SHSs but to be fair, I never made an attempt to learn their names in the first place.

But if I can't think of any particular pony, that means I'm definitely forgetting someone! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you forget about?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 07:25:12 PM »
It's always the G1 mail orders I forget. I can remember the notable ones like Rapunzel and Sweet Scoops, but I always forget about Cupcake and Sweetcake, the valentine twins, Sugarcake and Gametime, and the Mommy and Baby. Also the white and pink collector ponies like Stockings and Lil Tot.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:04:57 PM »
It's always the G1 mail orders I forget. I can remember the notable ones like Rapunzel and Sweet Scoops, but I always forget about Cupcake and Sweetcake, the valentine twins, Sugarcake and Gametime, and the Mommy and Baby. Also the white and pink collector ponies like Stockings and Lil Tot.

I can remember most of those I think, except Cupcake! Stockings I would've forgotten if I didn't draw her a couple years ago!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
I always forget about the Soft Sleepy Newborns (which is a strange name for them because they are absolutely not soft...not at all!). I used to have the purplish one, and can't even remember its name, Sweet Dreams, maybe? But I forget about them when I'm thinking of G1 ponies as a whole.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 02:02:39 AM »
I used to forget about the sweetberry ponies. Now that I have the g1 collector's guide, which I look in on a daily basis, I'm training myself to remember each pony and their name. So far so good.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 07:56:13 AM »
I might try to name some specifics when I can, but I'm sorry to say that I find myself forgetting several ponies every now and then, especially if they weren't used in any of the cartoons (since I'm one of the odd ones who thinks of the cartoons first) unless I have a particular liking to that toyline only pony.  Because of this, I have to remind myself who a lot of the G2s are, even though I have nothing against them.

Also as much I as I love the G3 and G1 toylines (they are the best toylines in my opinion) there's thankfully so many of them, that every so often I forget somepony even if they were in a cartoon.  I'd often find myself looking at "Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!" and find a pony where I'm like "Um... which one are you again?"

If it counts, I briefly forgot about Bubbles (G1) a few days ago.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »
Skyflier, definitely. I completely forget that she exists, only to be reminded when she comes up every few months. I never see her mentioned, either. It's weird too - the rest of her setmates get so much discussion!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
I'd miss a crapton because there's no way I have every name of every pony in every generation memorized

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »
Skyflier, definitely. I completely forget that she exists, only to be reminded when she comes up every few months. I never see her mentioned, either. It's weird too - the rest of her setmates get so much discussion!

Skyflier is totally forgotten about!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 05:00:37 PM »
I forget about a lot of g3s unfortunately. I hear a name, have no idea what they look like, then look them up on mlpwiki and go "oh, she's lovely!"

Then forget again. Lol.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
Im usually pretty good about remembering G1s sometimes im fuzzy with the names. Though that is more so with G3s and G4s.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
I really don't remember most of the G4, G2 and G3 ponies.  I can tell at a glance what generation it is and probably its name, but I tend to forget about them until I see them again.  I do remember most of G1 until year six.  After that, I have to see them to remember them.   :(
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 12:41:17 AM »
As far as G1 ponies go, certain mail orders are the ones I tend to forget exist. Especially if there's nothing that stands out about them and they're not part of a set. I will often think that Peek-A-Boo Baby Noddins is the only one made in her pose until I remember the Cake sisters. Baby Blue Ribbon is probably the one whose existence I forget about the most, even though I love the Adventures in Ponyland game.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 08:24:47 AM »
With G1 it's the Pretty Ponies.

But I forget a lot of the other gens simply because I don't have the same knowledge base as I do with G1 to draw from.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »
I forget certain sets that don't appeal to me: Perfume Puffs,  Rainbow Curl,  Secret Surprise, and Merry Go Round ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal