collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing (edited)?  (Read 1881 times)

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing (edited)?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 01:10:41 AM »
I've never been disappointed by my pony mail thus far, but then I tend to willingly go for stuff that the seller makes plain is on the junky side, out of cheapness.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »
The only disappointment I have from pony mail is from my own folly. Back when I first started collecting the exclusive G1 ponies, I bought a large lot that also had some US releases in it that I didn't have. Including SS Wind Whistler! And she was so pretty! Nice pink hair, wonderful flocking--but there was a large splotch of what looked like cherry popsicle crystalized between her wings. Stupid me did not know that warm water will remove flocking. :sad:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 10:13:55 PM »
The only disappointment I have from pony mail is from my own folly. Back when I first started collecting the exclusive G1 ponies, I bought a large lot that also had some US releases in it that I didn't have. Including SS Wind Whistler! And she was so pretty! Nice pink hair, wonderful flocking--but there was a large splotch of what looked like cherry popsicle crystalized between her wings. Stupid me did not know that warm water will remove flocking. :sad:

Oh no! Well, at least Wind Whistler also looks really pretty deflocked anyway. Darn kids...what were they doing eating a popsicle while holding a SS pony anyway?  :what:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »
When the seller has been at fault I never received the package, or there were things missing from it I specifically ordered & I received no notification bar a piece of paper in the package. Hello, email, use it!!!

The most disappointing was a G4 craft egg with finger paints in among the other items, & one of the finger paints leaked over everything!!! Not nice at all.

Suffice to say, if I have a bad experience, I don't buy from them again.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »
I've had two major disappoinments in my entire pony collecting career. the first one was two absolutely GORGEOUS ponies I scored for pretty cheap on swedish ebay (tradera), nm SHS ponies. But they arrived wrapped in newspaper... I don't remember how it was resolved, but I think I got some of the money back and got to keep the ponies. I never did manage to get the ink off them :sad:

Second time was the first time I ever bought ponies off of FB. they all looked fine in the pictures, I asked about haircuts etc because I'm pretty particular about cut hair (and body parts). One of the ponies still arrived, despite them looking "fine", with cut hair AND hooves, and one tip of one ear missing. the pics all had strategically hidden that. didn't get my money back, but still have the ponies.

other than that, I've mostly bought from other collectors, or just gotten lucky I guess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline StillandSilent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 03:21:33 PM »
I bought a Nibbles/Dibbles set off of ebay because I was dying for them.  I could see some faded hair and some minor frizz in the pictures.  However, the seller managed to artfully arrange them to hide the haircuts, and the hair turned out out to be so frizzy that I was actually afraid I would tear the mane plugs getting it out, even though I buzzed them as short as possible. 

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 09:32:21 PM »
Yeah, I mean, it happens. It's actually easier to swallow when the seller made a mistake and the pony isn't as described, because then I've got some recourse for negotiation or refund. Buyer's remorse I can blame myself and resell, especially if the pony was as described. Ponies that were sent off as described but poorly packaged (especially accessories and breakable items) that are damaged in transit are always a huge letdown, because sometimes you're waiting for weeks for those packages to arrive from overseas.

The most disappointing is when I've ordered a pony I was super excited for and then it comes and I just don't like it that much in person for some reason. The jewelry babies were that way for me.

But then every now and then, there's a surprise, and I'll end up ordering a pony I don't love just to complete a set or some other reason, but I fall in love when it arrives. See example A: Baby Licorice. I just didn't like her in the pics but for some reason, I really wanted to complete this set (this was unusual bc that's not generally my collecting M.O.) and she came and she was enchanting. Ice Crystal was another that I kinda liked, and he was my favorite Mountain Boy, I found him for cheap, and when I got him that's when I was like, I love this guy!

An example of a pony I loved, bought, and who didn't disappoint was Baby Princess Sparkle! In fact, my only regret was that I wasn't 10% sure on her when I ordered her, and when she came I liked her so much that I wish I'd waited to find her in mint or near mint condition. lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal