collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing (edited)?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing (edited)?
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:14:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

So today I opened ponymail. A happy occasion, you would think.
It was rather disappointing, however. I order 4 speed with hat and a birthday gift pony for my friend.

I opened the box and they just weren't as advertised.4 speed has a major head/body mismatch. It just didn't show in the pictures, otherwise I would have never gotten him. His cutie marks are faded, he smells, rattles and has tail rust and spots. I think they might have photoshopped his picture cause he looked fine.

The birthday gift pony has a haircut and minor head/body mismatch but because she was rare and sought after, I'm gonna fix her up as best I can and still gift her. Good thing my friend isn't too picky.

Has your ponymail ever been disappointing? Where the ponies not as advertised? Did you have buyers regret?

Please tell me below.

I'm going to contact the seller about 4-speed, seeing if i can return him. If not, somebody here might want him.
Worst case scenario, he's bait.

Edit: I arranged to return him to the seller with almost all cash back. All is well that ends well.

Cheers,

Luke
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:10:29 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »
most definitely NOT bait!  even if you don't appreciate his condition for your collection, someone likely will!

most of the Big Brothers are getting age spots, it's just their plastic.  and mismatch is such a finicky thing.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 07:09:28 AM »
most definitely NOT bait!  even if you don't appreciate his condition for your collection, someone likely will!

most of the Big Brothers are getting age spots, it's just their plastic.  and mismatch is such a finicky thing.

This is true, I arranged something with the seller thankfully. I don't mind his age spots but it's just now what I was promised. That's why I am sending him back.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has your pony mail ever been dissapointing (edited)?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
I've been really lucky so far in that most ponies I have purchased are actually in better shape than I anticipated based on the pics shown in the listings. Don't get me wrong; I've received a few in appalling condition (stinky brownish Posey with tail rust, I'm looking at you!), but I've known how bad they were going in, as they were listed in a bait lot where there were at least a couple salvageable rarer ones I coveted enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

If anything has made me disappointed, it's a few of the ones that did show up in better-than-anticipated condition that I purposely purchased as bait for projects, and then when they arrived in better shape than I expected, I felt too guilty to chop them up. So now I have a lot of duplicates I don't really need, and never made my customs. Oh well...it's kind of a good problem to have, I guess!

I suppose there was that SS Heartthrob that arrived with a few small brown spots (rust?) in her fur that the seller didn't disclose, but I wasn't too torked about it, as it was the SS Ribbon she was paired with that I was after, and she was mint. For the price I paid for both, I couldn't have found a Ribbon by herself in that condition, so I was okay with it.

Glad you got your situation with 4-Speed worked out with the seller. That must have been frustrating.

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »
I've been really lucky so far in that most ponies I have purchased are actually in better shape than I anticipated based on the pics shown in the listings. Don't get me wrong; I've received a few in appalling condition (stinky brownish Posey with tail rust, I'm looking at you!), but I've known how bad they were going in, as they were listed in a bait lot where there were at least a couple salvageable rarer ones I coveted enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

If anything has made me disappointed, it's a few of the ones that did show up in better-than-anticipated condition that I purposely purchased as bait for projects, and then when they arrived in better shape than I expected, I felt too guilty to chop them up. So now I have a lot of duplicates I don't really need, and never made my customs. Oh well...it's kind of a good problem to have, I guess

I suppose there was that SS Heartthrob that arrived with a few small brown spots (rust?) in her fur that the seller didn't disclose, but I wasn't too torked about it, as it was the SS Ribbon she was paired with that I was after, and she was mint. For the price I paid for both, I couldn't have found a Ribbon by herself in that condition, so I was okay with it.

Glad you got your situation with 4-Speed worked out with the seller. That must have been frustrating.

Good to hear you're lucky and good on you for not customising non baits.
I hope you can find a place for them some day.

Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 10:55:37 AM »
4-Speed is unfortunately prone to pvc breakdown, and the seller shoulda been honest about his condition. I hope you get your money back. Sorry to hear they tried to gyp you.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »
My pony mail luck is... well, it mainly just causes problems for everyone involved, even when it all turns out alright. I've made a good few purchases in the past couple weeks, and all of them have had something go wrong. First the baity Baby Moondancer I bought was in even grosser condition than eBay had warned, then my lot of three babies for customizing send me one of the correct ponies from the listing and two completely different ones, and finally a miscommunication on an order from the arena resulted in me being sent G3 Windy Wisp instead of the G1 MM!Windy I requested.

But despite all this, I can't really be disappointed. Baby Moondancer was bait, after all, and I cleaned her up pretty well. The eBay user who sent me the wrong ponies provided excellent service and responded to my message right away, promising either a full refund or mailing me the missing ponies free of charge, allowing me to keep the surprise spares. And similarly, the Arena user has been awesome at working things out. All is well, just with a couple extra steps.

...except the two customs I mailed 20 minutes across town that have been missing for almost a month.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 04:21:36 AM »
4-Speed is unfortunately prone to pvc breakdown, and the seller shoulda been honest about his condition. I hope you get your money back. Sorry to hear they tried to gyp you.

That's a shame to hear. Don't worry though, i got my money back and send him back today.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 11:17:27 PM »
I've had several surprises when opening up pony mail. Three ponies arrived with undisclosed writing on their butts (two names and a price), which was particularly inconvenient for the one as she was a gift. Written upon ponies: Birthday Pony, Pink Dreams and Candy Apple (the gift).

Another lot arrived with the most terrible mold smell ever, not surprising as they were full of it inside too. They WERE a bait lot, but I really wasn't made aware of the mold.

Two others have arrived covered in cat pee, and Munchy also had some disgusting black slimy stuff inside her.

I have however never sent any ponies back, mostly due to the shipping as they travel to South Africa and it just isn't worth the additional cost.

And so far I have been able to fix everything, even the moldy ponies are nearly there though they have put up one heck of a fight.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
Ooh, there was the time I bought a MLP Express box, and in the $50 box I got three great ponies, a sticker, and fake accessories! It got even more fun when the seller tried to bully me into, uh, not telling people I received fakes. She got very huffy and insisted they were 'reproductions.' Last I heard the dollar store Goody clips weren't G1 repros, but good try! She also accused me of trying to trash her brand, by ... telling people what I received. Maybe don't send garbage next time?

(I feel comfortable naming them because the company has changed hands since then, a couple times actually; the person who sent fake accessories was the original owner, and AFAIK isn't involved anymore. Not sure why you'd want to adopt a bad seller's brand, but it's not my life.)   

I've also had the usual 'ponies show up smelling like smoke', which isn't something you can see in a photo; but I figure most smokers can't smell their own smoke on their items, so I give a lot of leeway that way, so long as I can get the smoke smell out. I did once receive a Lady Flutter with obvious nicotine stains on the side the eBay seller didn't photograph, though! That sucked!! That seller was nice and gave me a partial refund at least. 

Needless to say, there's always going to be a few curveballs in your pony life! I'm glad you got a partial refund, and I hope your friend really loves the pony you got them! By and large, people are really nice, and the majority of folks I've bought/sold/traded with have been really lovely. I hope everyone else you deal with is better!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 06:05:44 AM »
There have been the 2 MOC ponies badly packaged that came off their card in transit :/ One was Movie Star Wind Whistler. Obv. I still have all the pieces and in that case the seller partially refunded me the difference but I've never replaced her :/

There was also the person in the pony community who lied about sending a package, claiming it got lost in the post. They later sent a 'replacement' lot of custom hair which turned out to include some of the lamer items from the 'missing' original lot.

When I tried to complain about it she threatened to have her (then stationed in the UK) boyfriend come and 'sort me out'. And she and a friend of hers started some rumours about me on the trading post claiming I used my mother's health situation to 'get sympathy and trades' and a bunch of other things that were not true. I was only 18 at the time and it freaked me out big time.

Fortunately both these unpleasant individuals are now gone from the community, but at the time they were tolerated because a: they had a cult of fear and b: people wanted the girl's customs and so turned a blind eye to her other antics.  In hindsight, given the wider context, I'm pretty sure it was a targeted attack since the 'friend' had been trying to get me to remove Italian ponies from my website for months before this so she could have the only Italian ID site. Sounds so stupid now in the days of multiple sites, gallery, wiki and whatever. But at the time it was scary.

On a more neutral note, there was a lot of MOC items packaged in a box of soft toys loose as packaging. But they arrived in ok shape, and the ones I wanted were thankfully not damaged.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:07:38 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 06:58:21 AM »
There have been the 2 MOC ponies badly packaged that came off their card in transit :/ One was Movie Star Wind Whistler. Obv. I still have all the pieces and in that case the seller partially refunded me the difference but I've never replaced her :/

There was also the person in the pony community who lied about sending a package, claiming it got lost in the post. They later sent a 'replacement' lot of custom hair which turned out to include some of the lamer items from the 'missing' original lot.

When I tried to complain about it she threatened to have her (then stationed in the UK) boyfriend come and 'sort me out'. And she and a friend of hers started some rumours about me on the trading post claiming I used my mother's health situation to 'get sympathy and trades' and a bunch of other things that were not true. I was only 18 at the time and it freaked me out big time.

Fortunately both these unpleasant individuals are now gone from the community, but at the time they were tolerated because a: they had a cult of fear and b: people wanted the girl's customs and so turned a blind eye to her other antics.  In hindsight, given the wider context, I'm pretty sure it was a targeted attack since the 'friend' had been trying to get me to remove Italian ponies from my website for months before this so she could have the only Italian ID site. Sounds so stupid now in the days of multiple sites, gallery, wiki and whatever. But at the time it was scary.

On a more neutral note, there was a lot of MOC items packaged in a box of soft toys loose as packaging. But they arrived in ok shape, and the ones I wanted were thankfully not damaged.

That’s awful Taffeta! I am glad that it ended all okay.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 07:10:12 AM »
Some of you guys know this story,but for those who don’t here it is.

My mum brought me Baby Surprise from eBay.uk well the package came and it was the wrong pony it was Bubbles, got in contact with the seller who said that she’ll give me her childhood Baby Surprise pony but I had to send Bubbles back to her.

Sent Bubbles back and got Baby Surprise.

I wonder if the one who wanted Bubbles kept that Baby Surprise?

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 07:16:26 AM »
Eh, it didn't really. The replacement was about 1/4 the value of what was sent to her in trade, so that was never really reimbursed. And I left the pony community for a long spell after that incident because of their harassment.

The happy ending is that they're not in the community any more :/.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »
I've had very nice experiences, but one eBay lot (some baby sparkles, Firefly, a SHS, and Big Top or something) came to me smelling like a chainsmoker! I didn't leave negative feedback and simply noted there was a smoke smell in my review, but I saw a few others had left reviews stating there was a smokey smell in their items.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal