collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'd buy it......if I can even find it  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I'd buy it......if I can even find it
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:22:31 PM »
What's the longest you have searched for a pony?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: I'd buy it......if I can even find it
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:03:50 PM »
i searched for my Jenny for a good 5+ years, since i started collecting! but of course when I found her i grabbed her :+)
right now im STILL searching for a argie squeaky butt. I've been looking for one for at least 6 or 7 years...i would probably spare no expense to buy her, i jut want one LOL!

wishlist

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 12:26:21 AM »
Well I've been looking for a mimic ever since I started collecting 2,5 years ago. Not much else really since I was lucky enough to fullfill my piggy dreams.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 01:21:00 AM »
7 years on and off hunting for a deflocked Ribbon so my first pony could have a mum....now she's finally bought and in the post on the way to me, yippee!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 01:57:46 AM »
7 years on and off hunting for a deflocked Ribbon so my first pony could have a mum....now she's finally bought and in the post on the way to me, yippee!

Aww!

I waited ages to buy a TAF Buttons, a couple of years ago. I kept getting put off by the price but then I treated myself! Ditto: Nightglider.... bought at around the same time... so worth it, though, I love their calm colours!! Oh and of course, a Baby Honeycomb from Germany, I had to have a baby version of one of my favourite ponies - then had the bonus of a golden-hair re-hair project of a baity adult Honeycomb to match her baby  :biggrin:

Now seeing how the prices have gone even more crazy, I'm glad I got them when I did!!

Mimic is so unusual with the green colouring, but ouch, too expensive. Customising my own one out of a baity Majesty has left me happy enough!  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 02:14:27 AM »
Twenty two years.

Although it's not that she never comes up. She's always outside my budget, and it's made worse by the stupid Global Shipping programme inflating import duty above what UK customs would charge.

The pony is Baby Sugarcake. I traded for her sister in 1998. I've been trying to obtain Sugarcake since, but she's either too expensive/GSP/don't ship to the UK or whatever.

I have more or less given up on ever getting one tbh.  Even if I got a high paying job and had $500-$800 to throw around, I don't think I could ever be happy knowing I spent the cost of an air fare somewhere awesome on a pony.

But yeah, 22 years. I traded for most of the rarer MO ponies back in the day. She's the one that got away.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:43:24 AM »
I've been searching for a baby Ribbon with standard eyes (Play and Care set Baby Ribbon, I believe?) since I started collecting. It's not she doesn't ever pop up, just that I don't think she was sold in the states, and it's the shipping I can't afford to pay from Europe or anywhere she does show up. Guess I'll have to settle for a custom, if I can stumble across a baby unicorn that's baity enough to justify making one. I have both a deflocked and a good-condition flocked Ribbon, plus like 3 BBE Ribbon babies (2 I acquired accidentally), I'd really love this version to complete their little family  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:50:12 AM »
I've been searching for a baby Ribbon with standard eyes (Play and Care set Baby Ribbon, I believe?) since I started collecting. It's not she doesn't ever pop up, just that I don't think she was sold in the states, and it's the shipping I can't afford to pay from Europe or anywhere she does show up. Guess I'll have to settle for a custom, if I can stumble across a baby unicorn that's baity enough to justify making one. I have both a deflocked and a good-condition flocked Ribbon, plus like 3 BBE Ribbon babies (2 I acquired accidentally), I'd really love this version to complete their little family  :)

You are right, she was not sold in the US XD She was sold in the UK and parts of Europe but only in around 1986.
Albeit she was sold in stores, but otherwise you have a similar dilemma to mine in terms of geography. xD.
Hopefully it won't take you 20+ years...

All that said, there are a lot more European ponies in the US now thanks to years of international trading, so don't give up. You never know when one might show up stateside.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 08:29:22 AM »
Twenty two years.

That's literally longer then I have been alive...0_o

I hope you find her someday for a good price though.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:18 AM »
Twenty two years.

That's literally longer then I have been alive...0_o

I hope you find her someday for a good price though.

And now I feel old.
*goes to search ebay for granny slippers*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
I guess over 10 years now.

Money certainly isn't an issue, as it's easy to budget after all this time. It's just she slipped through my hands the time I saw her for sale.

woohoo!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline StillandSilent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
About 8 years?  I want a pearly baby Glory.   She's not as uncommon as a lot of them, but it just never seems to work out when she is up for grabs

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »
It took me a long time to get a G1 MOC pony. It was always my dream to own one when I started collecting ponies but by the time I started looking G1 MOC ponies had become quite expensive and were usually out of my price range. I thought I would have to content with MOC Ponywear but a couple of years ago a really good friend sold me one of MOCs.  It is one of my favorite ponies in my collection now and really special. :lovey:

If we’re talking about merchandise I’ve wanted the Lazy Afternoon porcelain for years but it’s always out of my price range when it comes up for sale.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 06:20:21 PM »
soft sleepy newborn sweet dreams w/accessories. Also Sweet Scoop's pendant with original cord.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 08:13:57 PM »
It took me about 16ish years(2003-2019) to get MOC G2 Springly and Springdy.  I was actively collecting when they came out, and there was a glut of them on ebay for a little while.  They were common enough at the time that I thought to myself "I'll just pick them up later".  Well, later came and they were nowhere to be seen.  Every attempt I made to get them fell through for years.  Eventually, they became the *last 2* G2s I needed to complete the entire line.   They were top of my want list for several years - until last year.  I *finally* got both of them, and I put them right into my display case.  I have very limited display space, and MOCs rarely make the cut since they take up so much space.  I made an exception for those two:P 

If you count the ponies I couldn't get as a child, MOC Baby Glory took me at least 30 years to get.  She was top of my Christmas/birthday list from at least 1986-1991.  My mom just couldn't find her.  Neither could I.  When I got back into collecting in 1997, she was the first pony I started to look for.  Again, I'm not a big MOC collector, but she was the grail of my entire childhood, so I wanted her complete with her packaging and everything.  I got her for Christmas from my husband a few years ago:p 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal