TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

What to do...nonresponsive seller *Updated*

(1/4) > >>

LadyAmalthea:
Hypothetical situation:

What would you do if you won multiple Ebay auctions from a seller who claimed to offer combined shipping, but then is nonresponsive to requests to send an invoice reflecting the discounted shipping amount? Would you keep waiting and just not pay until they do? Or suck it up and just pay the full amount to ship them individually (I wouldn't have made offers on these ponies if she hadn't had the claim of combined shipping printed in her store description)? I really don't want want these badly enough to pay almost $25 to ship 4 fair/bait-condition ponies within my same country, even though the purchase prices were cheap.

I say 'hypothetical' because while she still has time to respond, I don't think she's going to. I have sent this seller multiple messages regarding a question I had about a 5th item (a Brush-n-Grow pony I was trying to inquire whether her neck mechanism still worked, as the description was sparse and the few pics only showed her with her tail sucked all the way in...or was it cut short?) I was interested in and hoping to add to my order. She hasn't responded, but has apparently been online, as she has since sent me 2 more discounted offers for other ponies I had in my watch list.

FYI, this seller has a fair amount of negative feedback, some of which includes buyers complaining of her not returning messages...guess I should have checked this out before making offers on her stuff  :huh:

banditpony:
:/ Hm.

Well, usually I ask upfront what shipping would cost.

You haven't mentioned how long you've been waiting for a response. I'd give it at least 3 days, then I'd try to figure out how to get out of the purchase. If she mentions combined shipping on her listings -- and she isn't providing it, I think that's completely fair.

How have you been trying to contact her? Are you only requesting an invoice, or are you also asking a question through the message system?

LadyAmalthea:

--- Quote from: banditpony on June 30, 2020, 08:55:13 AM ---:/ Hm.

Well, usually I ask upfront what shipping would cost.

You haven't mentioned how long you've been waiting for a response. I'd give it at least 3 days, then I'd try to figure out how to get out of the purchase. If she mentions combined shipping on her listings -- and she isn't providing it, I think that's completely fair.

How have you been trying to contact her? Are you only requesting an invoice, or are you also asking a question through the message system?

--- End quote ---

I should have done that (ask for shipping costs up front). Although given her lack of response so far, she probably wouldn't have answered...but then I would have known then that buying from her was a bad idea in the first place  :pout:

I've been waiting for 5 days total. I've been messaging her via Ebay's messaging system, although this morning I also logged onto my laptop to send a 'request invoice', since my mobile app doesn't give me this option. Last Thursday morning I made the offers for 4 out of 7 ponies I had in my watch list. Thursday evening she accepted them, and also made me a discounted offer on the BnG pony I was interested in. That was when I messaged her about whether the BnG worked or not. I gave her 36 hours to respond, and then Saturday morning messaged her again, saying I had messaged her once already about the BnG, and wasn't wanting to be pushy, but was really hoping to get an answer before her offer expired in a few hours, plus I wanted to keep all the ponies on the same order to save on the shipping. I expressed a desire to get her paid as well.

Sunday night I figured I had given her enough time to reply, and logged into Ebay to send her a message to just send me an invoice for the 4 original ponies so I could get her paid, and that's when I saw that she had sent me the other 2 discounted offers for the remaining ponies in my watch list. This confused me; I had been giving her the benefit of the doubt that she had just been too busy to pop onto Ebay and see her messages, but this was an indicator that she had been on in order to send me those offers, so why wasn't she responding to my messages? Did I breach some eBay etiquette protocol by asking about the BnG mechanism? I messaged her once more this morning, asking her to just please send me an invoice with adjusted shipping.

Her listing says she wants payment within 3 business days, or she will relist the items; this evening will mark 3 business days if you consider Sat and Sun as non-business days. I'm hoping to get this resolved before then, I don't know if she can file against me as a non-paying bidder if there is evidence that I've tried multiple times to contact her about paying or not? So far, the items are still in my cart and she has not relisted them.

banditpony:
Oh, yuck. You've been more then patient with her.

I would just see on how to go about canceling the transaction at this point. I've only done it once or twice, so I can't quite give advice on how to do so. Try to contact ebay.

It's not fair for you to pay full price shipping, when she has made a statement she combines shipping. And it's not your fault she doesn't answer you. I'm crossing my fingers you can get ebay to step in with no punishment to you.

LadyAmalthea:

--- Quote from: banditpony on June 30, 2020, 10:38:04 AM ---Oh, yuck. You've been more then patient with her.

I would just see on how to go about canceling the transaction at this point. I've only done it once or twice, so I can't quite give advice on how to do so. Try to contact ebay.

It's not fair for you to pay full price shipping, when she has made a statement she combines shipping. And it's not your fault she doesn't answer you. I'm crossing my fingers you can get ebay to step in with no punishment to you.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I think I will do this. I might give her until this evening, and if I don't hear anything from her, I'll try to get eBay to step in. Too bad...the ponies themselves were pretty good deals, and looked like they would clean up well. Oh well.  :huh: :sad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version