collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Party Time

Have her
17 (41.5%)
Want her
7 (17.1%)
New to me
0 (0%)
Army
0 (0%)
Pondering a bit
17 (41.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: July 05, 2020, 05:38:25 AM

Author Topic: POTD 6/30/2020 Party Time  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 6/30/2020 Party Time
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
I have Party Time and the rest of her party pack setmates. Mine has horrible regrind to the point that I have to be careful when handling her because if my hand touches a regrind area for too long my hand will feel like it is burning.

Ponyfan

Hmm. I wonder if your allergic to something on her? Is it all ponies with regrind?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 02:33:26 PM »
[visitors can't see pics , please register or login
]

Okay, I hope this works, trying this for the first time...I've never tried to post a picture on here before, but here goes. This is my Party Time; she needs to be cleaned, but she looks surprisingly good, with very little regrind. Few faint pink spots along her hairline and forehead. Her hair is pinker than what shows up in the pic, but is still about 50% faded, I'd say.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
i don't have her. i'll probably get her at some point when i want to have a complete collection. i wish she didn't have the regrind issues.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »

:shocked:  Wow...like it's radioactive or something! I didn't know regrind could do that...crazy!

Hmm. I wonder if your allergic to something on her? Is it all ponies with regrind?

I think it has something to do with the reaction that causes the plastic to break down. I'm allergic to latex so that also might be part of the reason.

Ponyfan 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25:46 PM »
yep yep yep! i have 3 or 4 of her  :lol: i have a couple in my bait box that i took the eyeballs out of, i was working on a project to create resin replicas of the eyes, but sorta dropped it. maybe ill pick it up again!

wishlist

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 05:39:12 AM »
yep yep yep! i have 3 or 4 of her  :lol: i have a couple in my bait box that i took the eyeballs out of, i was working on a project to create resin replicas of the eyes, but sorta dropped it. maybe ill pick it up again!

I would be interested to see how that project turns out, if you ever do pick it up again...you should post pics!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 06:36:49 AM »
I have one and she didn't develop noticeable regrind until the last couple of years. Now she has some spots on her head. Her hair is still pink but it's faded.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 06:58:51 AM »
I really like her, however I they all need keeping in stable conditions otherwise they just get regrind and break down. If I can't display her, I don't see the point in having her so I've decided to pass. I'd love to see a BF version though! I think a G1 - G4 custom would be lovely too.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:55 AM »
I just wanna pop back in here and quote myself from a different thread about regrind:

Regrind is a cost cutting measure that's still used today but they know more about its instability now. Basically, colors like red were/are more expensive to make, so factories would reuse parts of molds that would leak out, and toss them in with a fresh batch of plastics. Since the reused parts have already been heated the chemical make-up differs from the new beads. If over (I think, but don't quote me) 30% of a batch is reground then you get what we see on older plastics like ponies. Today they still do it but in much less quantity.

Regrind isn't the plastic "breaking down" and this is a pet peeve of mine but plastic doesn't break down at all - that's what makes it plastic and why it's so bad for the environment  ^^;
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:14:24 AM by BlackCurtains »

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »

:shocked:  Wow...like it's radioactive or something! I didn't know regrind could do that...crazy!

I think it has something to do with the reaction that causes the plastic to break down. I'm allergic to latex so that also might be part of the reason.

Ponyfan

Poor Ponyfan.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »

I would be interested to see how that project turns out, if you ever do pick it up again...you should post pics!

i will definitely post about it whenever I do get around to doing it :+)

wishlist

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 03:26:11 AM »

i will definitely post about it whenever I do get around to doing it :+)

I'd love it if you could get somewhere with this. I don't know how difficult the electroplating might be but I know someone I could ask. In other news I found this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iridescent-Holographic-Clear-Transparent-PVC-Fabric-Vinyl-Material-Bow-Craft-Bag/323635764528?var=512639684139&hash=item4b5a31dd30:g:SBQAAOSwxuRdRBaH

Not sure if that's of interest to anyone because it has a similar effect.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2020, 04:12:54 AM »
Have her. She was perfect when I bought her, but recently when I looked at her she's developed regrind. Sigh.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »

I'd love it if you could get somewhere with this. I don't know how difficult the electroplating might be but I know someone I could ask. In other news I found this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iridescent-Holographic-Clear-Transparent-PVC-Fabric-Vinyl-Material-Bow-Craft-Bag/323635764528?var=512639684139&hash=item4b5a31dd30:g:SBQAAOSwxuRdRBaH

Not sure if that's of interest to anyone because it has a similar effect.

I haven't gotten so far as to consider the electroplating. I was going to figure out how to even cast the eyes, make some in pretty resin colors,maybe glitters...then once I got the casting down I would consider figuring out the plating. Iridescent powders in clear varnish is another option, I think.

wishlist

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2020, 08:36:40 AM »
Want

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal