collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Least fave big brother pony ?

Slugger
10 (21.7%)
Quarterback
14 (30.4%)
4 Speed
3 (6.5%)
Tex
3 (6.5%)
Steamer
2 (4.3%)
Salty
1 (2.2%)
Wigwam
7 (15.2%)
Barnacle
4 (8.7%)
Chief
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Least fave big brother pony?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Least fave big brother pony?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »
In my case it's Slugger/ First Base as he could have been more purple or red, but instead he's this weird colour which is too pink but also too dull. I hate dull pink.

As for the rest, I think we have to accept that the Big Brother Ponies were a product of their time, when things about Native American cultures were, unfortunately, swept under the rug. I had to learn the Trail of Tears off the internet...

And IMO, though not canon, Sportstime is a girl.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 12:11:47 PM »
Regarding dimorphism in horses... There is actually some. I believe size ranges are part of it, and IRL stallions have longer eyelashes than mares (although I don't think the pony toys reflect this).

The feathered fetlocks, not sure whether to classify those as dimorphism or as a fashion choice like the bandanas.

In any case, it's better than the snub-snout vs. wedge-snout dimorphism of G4's art.

I'm not fond of any of them.  But, Quarterback... his symbol is too simple.   I do like Salty best.  He's the only one that I would buy.

Tex for me. I do like them all, but for some reason he grabs me the least.

(Maybe I'm just too British to get the cowboy vibe xD)

I love Quarterback and his blues. I just wish he didn't sticky up so easily.
I feel like even in the USA, you have to be from Texas and/or like cowboys to really be into him.  At least, that's how I felt when I lived in another state.  Anything from Texas was boring.   :lol:

Also, it bothered me that his name was "Tex".  It implied that the ponies knew about Texas?  It still seems a little strange to me.
Well, they do have access to our world. It is still silly though.

I voted for Wigwam because of the cultural appropriation issues. He has a neat color scheme and all, and I'd still get him if I found him, but... Not exactly Hasbro's most graceful treading of those grounds.
should be perma-moderated

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
I think it's dumb to complain about gender stereotypes. It's no worse then when people gripe about MLP being girly.

You don't hafta demonize every single thing. Its a rigid and unhealthy mindset.

Some girls like pink and dolls. Some boys like blue and sports.

Sorry but I'm sick and tired of offense and outrage culture actively looking for things to complain about. Its extremely petty.
^^ This so much! There's nothing wrong with them enjoying trucks and football! And some of them, like Tex and Barnacle, aren't like that. It doesn't bother me at all I guess, I'm just happy to get ponies that are dedicated to trucks and sports, coming from a tom-boy :P

As for ones I don't like as much (but still adore), I'd say Steamer. He and Slugger are too alike but I think Slugger looks better. I think he should of been more orange like he was in the cartoon from what I remember
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:54:04 PM by caseysealia »

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 04:21:09 PM »
It was a tie between Wig Wam and Quarterback. But I chose Wig Wam because I always find him where the red part of the symbol is hard to see against that orange. Symbols are important and I like them to be clear and not fade into the body color.  Also, I don't like Wig Wam's backcard story.

Quarterback on the other hand just has too much blue.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal